Across The Universe

I just saw this movie last night and I absolutely loved it.

It's something of a musical,

But all the songs are remakes of Beatles tunes and are sung by the actors.

The movie's plot revolves around the 60's music, war, and drugs.

I would highly recommend that you see it,

I'm going to go see it again.

I saw it this weekend. Not the best of movies. Not a whole lot of charector development. I thought some of the songs didnt need to be in there. Some of the humor in it was really stupid. They could have made it a lot shorter. I thought the scene on the roof with the cops was stupid. I really liked some of the secenes though. I dont know how many none beatles fans would like it. I think the fact that I knew most of the songs and references made it a lot better. It was a cool movie. but I dont know if i would go and see it again.

I've seen it three times now. The first time, it was just ok, the second, so much better, and by the third time, I was in love with it. You can appreciate alot of the smaller details to the film through multiple viewings. And the soundtrack is amazing.

Does it have a plot of any kind? I've seen the TV spots, is it one of those bait-and-switches where it's really someone's drug trip the whole time?

• 7 months later...

it wasn't such a great movie for me... people have been telling me to watch it and saying that the covers are much better than the original (not necessarily true)... but yeah, I thought the movie was kinda long, some of the covers were pretty decent, but yeah, not all of the songs were necessary... the plot was kinda boring to tell the truth...

Goodness me I love this f-ing movie so much. OMG I DO! Dear Prudence is my most favy song. I wish someone would do a mix on it

I really did like this movie actually, but I'm really curious to see what Julie Taymor's original vision for this film was. She was considering to have her credit removed from the film when studio bosses had it recut to the version we all saw without her permission.

FYI = Julie Taymor directed the film version of Titus, Frida and was the creator of The Lion King Broadway show as well so I would've imagined her original cut to be more ...."wild" for lack of a better term

it was one of those movies imo that tried to be deep but the people emulating the experience had never experienced it themselves.

some interesting imagery though, but most of it felt forced. i felt no emotional connection to any of the characters.

• 4 months later...

i really like this movie and hadn't seen it in awhile, im glad you reminded me of it i think im going to watch it now

• 2 months later...

I love this movie. Pretty much everything about it. She's So Heavy was one of the best parts, by far. And Strawberry Fields Forever.

I just like how Julie Taymor took her own interpretations(not the beatles meanings) and made them into such a wonderful and engrossing story. I don't think this movie was specifically intended for beatles fans. Just musical lover.

10 out of 10 in my opinion.

If you didn't like it the first time, watch it on mushrooms.

You will have a very different opinion!

Archived