skunk2 exhaust

Guest blusilence

Guest blusilence

so. i have a question. i have a Mitsubishi eclipse 2001. and i recently bought a skunk2 universal exhaust.. do u think its dumb? cuz ive never seen any eclipse car that has the skunk2 exhaust. i only see those on hondas..

yea do u have the v6? if so thats blockin waaay to much flow, and its not a full "exhaust". its just a muffler. throw some pipes on that bitch! i guess well have to wait n see how it looks on the car, its really all depending whether you like it or not.

Guest blusilence

yes its a v6. i had em installed in my car today.. it got here this morning! i was so excited when the ups truck was outside my door.. first! they put the skunk2 exhaust and then it didnt sound good. so they put a resonator in the middle. basically they cut off the old pipe and put a new one. a straight one, thicker.. i think i need to get the whole thing done.. i shoulda just ordered the full cat back.. but it wouldve been so expensive...

adding a muffler does nothing but make farty noises (yeeee). a catback actually helps (somewhat depending on the car)

what you should do is a full complete exhaust (headers-back).

its worth the money, u will actually feel a difference.

like on my car, the downpipe/testpipe/catback added SO much torque, it was ridiculous. and i go tmy shit used, they are just pipes after all. apex'i n1 catback and rre 2.5-3in downpipe/testpipe. after i did that i wished i got a larger o2 housing. course im a turbo guy. u dont gotta worry bout that much stuff, u got headers.

if you live in california or some harsh state i would be careful on what u buy though, have to pass them emissions.

although i really am not very sure about what gets u the best bang for the buck on the v6's, just join some forums ask around what things are best to get first see where that gets ya. and dont wreck ur car before then!! if ur cars got some mileage, get some throttle body cleaner and some seafoam. take apart ur intake and clean ur throttle plate, then run seafoam through your intake n clean up some of the built up carbon in ur chamber. ride will be alot smoother through the accel. seafoams a tuners best friend.

Guest blusilence
adding a muffler does nothing but make farty noises (yeeee). a catback actually helps (somewhat depending on the car)

what you should do is a full complete exhaust (headers-back).

its worth the money, u will actually feel a difference.

like on my car, the downpipe/testpipe/catback added SO much torque, it was ridiculous. and i go tmy shit used, they are just pipes after all. apex'i n1 catback and rre 2.5-3in downpipe/testpipe. after i did that i wished i got a larger o2 housing. course im a turbo guy. u dont gotta worry bout that much stuff, u got headers.

if you live in california or some harsh state i would be careful on what u buy though, have to pass them emissions.

although i really am not very sure about what gets u the best bang for the buck on the v6's, just join some forums ask around what things are best to get first see where that gets ya. and dont wreck ur car before then!! if ur cars got some mileage, get some throttle body cleaner and some seafoam. take apart ur intake and clean ur throttle plate, then run seafoam through your intake n clean up some of the built up carbon in ur chamber. ride will be alot smoother through the accel. seafoams a tuners best friend.

tnx for the advice.. im going to look for seafoam ^_^

not always....

I have to say this

if you put a "skunk2" exhaust, it's going to smell!

LOL

/dumb

i think im going to get the aem short ram intake this weekend.. i wanna get the cold intake but im guessing its bad for my car when its raining..

ya when its raining and u hit a puddlea nd a bunch of water splash into ur intake or when u submerge the intake in flooded areas = hydrolocked.

short rams the way to go, u get maybe 2 horsepower to the crank from having a cold air anyway. so its really not that big of a deal.

Sweet! Another sea of inaccurate information.

Blu,

I personally don't like the skunk exhaust systems, due to their go-ped-like sounds. Greddy EVO makes a really good, good sounding exhaust system for your car. It's a deep, clean sounding roar.

As for your intake. If you don't plan on modding the shit out of your car, weather it be NA or forced induction, you're waisting your money buying one. If you do decide to get one, go cool air. In order for hydrolock to happen, your intake piping has to be pretty much completely submerged under water. You can hit as many puddles as you'd like, those water particles are going to be completely evaporated in your intake manifold before they have a chance to destroy anything. To be completely on the safe side, you can get a bypass valve for your CAI, then you won't ever have to worry about hydrolock.

Your aftermarket exhaust and intake systems are built for your engine to breathe better. If you're not modding your engine, they really serve a little purpose.

Sweet! Another sea of inaccurate information.

Blu,

I personally don't like the skunk exhaust systems, due to their go-ped-like sounds. Greddy EVO makes a really good, good sounding exhaust system for your car. It's a deep, clean sounding roar.

As for your intake. If you don't plan on modding the shit out of your car, weather it be NA or forced induction, you're waisting your money buying one. If you do decide to get one, go cool air. In order for hydrolock to happen, your intake piping has to be pretty much completely submerged under water. You can hit as many puddles as you'd like, those water particles are going to be completely evaporated in your intake manifold before they have a chance to destroy anything. To be completely on the safe side, you can get a bypass valve for your CAI, then you won't ever have to worry about ydrolock.

Your aftermarket exhaust and intake systems are built for your engine to breathe better. If you're not modding your engine, they really serve a little purpose.

nothings innacurate, just written poorly. you can still hydrolock your car from big splashes, just depends on how severe it is. (why i said bunch of water not little bit. those little drizzles of water will turn into too much if you go through say a flooded street.

i used to go with the completely submerging intake too for a while, till it happened to 4 people i know in this az monsoon weather. all u need is a large enough body of liquid that doesnt compress to get in the chamber.

anyways my point was and still is - dont take such a big risk it for next to none horsepower increase, get the short ram. there are many more mods to do to make up that power

Guest blusilence

2 late! i installed the short ram intake already and got this skunk 2 exhaust. thats what my friends told me. shoulda got the cold air instead of the short ram. =_= .. i kinda feel a difference. sounds louder and faster i think. now its time to put a header.. will post pics soon... i feel kind of disappointed though. i feel like im tuning my car wrong..

you have to buy the parts in sets to notice a difference. IMO, you're 2/3 of the way there....

1)Intake

3) Exhaust (BUT I would recommend getting a pipe to match the muffler from the header to the cat and then from the cat to the header....maybe even a highflow cat? Don't really know what makes eclipse motors scream....sorry!)

now you need

2) Header

and I think you will notice a minor (but noticeable) difference. But at the same time, with some motors (prime example....my Toyota 5SFE), sometimes its not a good $:power ratio when you start getting into this stuff and being N/A. BUT you're 1 up on me with having a V6 haha, so it doesn't really apply to you much. But my main point is that you need to buy things to compliment each other, otherwise you're not going to notice a difference. After that you just gotta pick what you want next really....upgraded ignition stuff (plugs, wires, dist),short shifter/shifter bushings, I dunno....depends on what you want your car to be....no once can tell you what to mod next.

too bad you didn't have the 4cyl version, swap in the evo 8 head and turbocharge that mofo!!

but ya if i were you i would get headers and complete exhaust (it is necessary if you are serious in modding your car more, gotta allow that thing to breathe).

then when you've got all that done and have money saved up i would start hitting up these:

intake manifold

throttle body

advance the timing (with a timing light, borrow a friends or have a local tuner show you, your mechanic won't do this).

then buy all these at once:

larger fuel injectors

larger fuel pump

air fuel pressure regulator

some sort of fuel management (SAFC or other piggyback or standalone system)

and then NITROUS and all accessories and gauges, and mkae sure u turn ur timing back down before this, you might even need a timing retard.

da juuuuuuiiiiiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :o

Archived