Last Car You Beat...Or Lost To....

DPan

I beat a Mazda 3 from a three honk roll but someone stole my oil drain plug at a party so I no longer have an engine.

WTF?! ...now wut man??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i normally drive my 01 durango R/T which i think is a beast.. but my dad owns a 70' chevy CHEVELLE SS LS-6!!!.. i raced that thing the other day and beat alll these ricy.. import/tuners... its all about the loud american muscle.. i raced 2 civic si's and a wrx.. this 454 big block engine is where its at... no turbos needed

• 5 months later...

Last person I lost to: Cadillac Escalade, that guy definitely had a super, if not a turbo in it (I could hear the overpressure/release valve every time he shifted). The first two races were unfair. Once he was rolling I was at a stop, second he was inside left hand turn I was outside. But I started catching up and he just zoomed. I pulled up later and yelled "nice car" (I'm such a PLUR racer, lol).

Uhh.. I kinda lost but didn't to a Chevvy Impala SS. I was on my way home from school and we were on the highway, with cars about 100 ft in front of us, rolling about 30 or 40. He's all like drivin' up next to me and pullin back and stuff. Doin' the whole lean back lookin' cool windows down thing. So I floor it and (he has 100 HP on me) start beatin' him, but let off so taht I don't hit the car in front of me. He's all like butthurt and starts weaving in between all the cars in front of us. Dang like freakin Fast and Furious type stuff. I was lmaoing at this part cuz I wasn't even seriously racing, since I knew he'd kick my butt. So I come up to the right hand turn lane and pass him while he's stopped at the read light, lol.

My friend (~-02-05 RX300) and I race a lot. I think the score is like 4-3 in favor of him. If I have my Spd mode on and take it from a roll or just pay attention, I win.

Last car I beat... uhh cute girl that I know who I happened to roll up next to at the stop light near school. Punched it at the green and took that (only about 150 ft race lol). She was in some sort of VW.

Uhh... I'm trying to think of any other good race stories.

Oh this one time I was volunteering for the elementary level of this government/politics debate thing I was a part of sr. year of high school. Going home from this event (RICH ARSE PART OF TOWN, tons of bmw's and crap), I pull up next to this kid and his dad at the redlight (goin' downhill) and his dad's obviously gonna do somethin', the kid waves at me, I smile and wave back, and then the light turns green, I 3/4 it, then floor it and take the guy just barely before I slow back down to like 10 over the limit.

I have a bunch more but that's what I can remember off the top of my head. Amazingly good for a stock '92 GS300 (unfortunately, I think all this racing has been bad on my ancient engine, lol. I think I have a belt going right now) Kinda funny, it was my grandma's car before I got it, but the transmission oil had never been changed (160k miles), we recently got it changed, but I'm still worried about the tranny and whatever the current noise it's making is (kinda a while that gets a bit higher and slightly louder with increase in RPM's, silent under about 1250).

Eh.. My new car, the best beat I got was an eagle talon turbo.. She took me by two car lengths at the start, but I got'er by two car lengths in the end.. (1 mile track)

Another one.. a honda accord pulled up in a gas station while I was pumping gas.. He was revvin his engine while pullin up next to me, got out and gave me a weird look.. I nodded at'em and finished pumping, got back in the car.. Looked in the rear view while I was pullin off and he was runnin back to his car..

Pulled up to the next red light and he caught up with me cause I wasn't speeding (call it waiting for him).. He started revving and I was snickering, considering we had to turn and I was on the outside lane.. I let'em stall first while I cruised through the turn.. Once we hit the straight away and he collected himself, we punched it.. smoked him terribly.. I dropped back down to speed limit while he kept flyin past me..

The next red light hit red while he was about 6 cars in front of me.. Got within 3 car lengths and he didn't even stop.. Ran the red light and missed second gear.. I just LMFAO! while I watched im sputter through the red light.. Sat there and waited for it to turn green.. 5 seconds later I punched it and caught up with him.. changed lanes and was passing.. He jumped off the highway onto the interstate as I was a car length in front of him!!

I was ready to race all the way home from work, but he jumped off and left me goin.. And I didn't even want to race the guy.. =\

Present car is an 05 dodge neon sxt.. nothing spectacular, but it has a CAI and maintained properly.. I'm an old fart now, got out of the race scene

Have a ton more stories of my 83 monte carlo with 355 small block, turbo 400 trannie, and 3.73 rear end, but will save those for later.. =)

Oh yeah.. and there was a Chevy Vega(compare it to a ford pinto) we had with a 327 small block, two-speed powerglide, with a monza suspension..

Ugh.. Us rednecks have too many junkyards and shade-trees to work under =\

• 1 month later...

I haven't really had any formal races recently.

I did have an Integra with exhaust, rims, and a hideous body kit try to keep up with me on the NJ turnpike yesterday evening. I was weaving through traffic and he just wasn't as crazy as me I guess. He was defiantly trying, but I was shooting some pretty tight gaps.

Other than that.....For fun my friend and I launched from a traffic light and did a 0-60 race. He has an SRT4 with full exhaust. I had a better launch than him and a better 60' but he blew by me after that....both of us had bad clutches too....got it on tape haha....I'll have to upload that.

Other than that.....For fun my friend and I launched from a traffic light and did a 0-60 race. He has an SRT4 with full exhaust. I had a better launch than him and a better 60' but he blew by me after that....both of us had bad clutches too....got it on tape haha....I'll have to upload that.

tadaaaaaa

RACE

LOL. truth. thats what I get for not bein turbo like him! haha

Yeah. For the most part, if I launch good, I can take people in the 60ft or 1/8 mile. But after that I lose depending on the car I'm up against. Tons of fun, part of it is that I need a new clutch and a turbo engine lol.

Yeah. For the most part, if I launch good, I can take people in the 60ft or 1/8 mile. But after that I lose depending on the car I'm up against. Tons of fun, part of it is that I need a new clutch and a turbo engine lol.

well yea, u dont have torque to spin those tires. u will see a drastic change once u get power.

i hated it when sohc hondas would beat me on the launch and thought they were hot shit, that was until i got tires n suspension n ate em up nice n yummy

I beat a chevvy 1500 with crazy wal*mart bling rims the other day. He pulled up next to me and I knew he was going to try to cut me off on that stretch of road (A-holes do it all the time), so I floored it and took him and made him get behind me. Lol, good fun. He wanted a rematch at the left hand turn light, but I didn't feel like wasting any more gas and he had the inside, which is a HUGE advantage at that light. So I just let him floor it and just sped up slower than usual. Bwaha.

well yea, u dont have torque to spin those tires. u will see a drastic change once u get power.

i hated it when sohc hondas would beat me on the launch and thought they were hot shit, that was until i got tires n suspension n ate em up nice n yummy

Not true at all. My tires spin when I want them too from a stop or whatever. But I guess I should correct the statement in general and say TIRE lol....no posi/lsd for me. More power will come later. I'm just having some fun and budgeting to do an autocross build this winter.

I try. They're the cheapest tires I could find because it was when I just wanted the car on the road haha.

What kinda car do you have, Mordis?

Archived