Last Car You Beat...Or Lost To....

DPan

Fill it back up! What's the last car you beat?

Slightly embarrassing, but I was beaten by a 2006 Infiniti G35. I don't think it was stock. There was no way it could've done that. We took off, and he launched better. After that he wasn't pulling, and I was barely catching up. I was amazed.

296bhp vs. ~340bhp and 260tq. vs. ~350tq

He couldn't have been stock...

I've beaten plenty of V6 stangs at half throttle, though :-P

I guess I should make a thread for car specs? lol

the last car i beat was a 00 gt mustang in my 97 eclipse gst which i no longer own since due to crankwalked engine.

That's a bit of a surprise. Your car couldn't have been stock, could you give more details maybe?

• 4 weeks later...

That's a bit of a surprise. Your car couldn't have been stock, could you give more details maybe?

i've beaten tons of them when my car was stock/to having same mods as other 00 gt's. gt's aren't anything specialer than turbo dsms :)

I'm kind of dissapointed. I've had the PGT for about a month and i've yet to line up with anyone who wanted to race. Needless to say learning how to drive manual at first put me out of the running anyway but now that i'm feeling compotent I want to see where I stand so I can note the modded difference.

Le sigh.

learning stick at first is either hit or miss. You either pick it up right away, or you're just horrible at it. Seems like you learned it though which is awesome. I love driving stick.

my car had a mbc and air intake. so i turned the boost up on it. and it was a 5spd. and i guess you could say i can drive good. mustang guy was an auto. but i only took him by 2 car lenghts or so.

my car had a mbc and air intake. so i turned the boost up on it. and it was a 5spd. and i guess you could say i can drive good. mustang guy was an auto. but i only took him by 2 car lenghts or so.

only 2 car lengths?!........uh wut do u drive anyways?

the last car i beat wuz my buddys turbo 96 civic Si

i got a 00 mercury cougar turbo with 10psi.

like i smoked him. but i still want a civic or integra jus so i dont gotta custom make all the frikn parts.

Don't do it. Stay unique lol.

I love the PGT because it makes me an underdog..and when someone does get beat by a probe they kind of make this face :blink:

and that's always nice.

(although even turboed i'll never take anything over 300HP but whatever.)

won on a 00 dodge dakota w/ my 95 ford explorer haha i thought id mix it up a little w/ some trucks.I just redid my motor and transmission got a flowmaster and i need some better heads and rims,then ill be set.

nothing wrong with racing a truck! lol

• 1 month later...

was driving on the highway @ like 2am las nite, was steadily pullin up to a 2004 or so whilte eclipse with rims and carbon fiber hood, pulled up to them put it in 4th ( i cant put it in 3rd for some reason) and reved at him once and he took off. and so did i ....i was like half car length behind him and then he got me by a car and half....right before we got so some cars and we went around them and he slowed down for me...and we went again but this time we took off @ the same time and i was even with him....and then we pulled up to some cars again...and we had ta wait till the highway split up...and was empty and 4 lanes PERFECT...so the 3rd time we took off at the same time again, But when i took off i, i think you call it rev match, it since i cant put it in 3rd...and right away i started ta pull on him....and then beforei put it in 4th i was comin up to a car in my lane... and had ta let off the gas a lil so i could go in the eclipse's lane....i went right on the eclipse's tail...switched ta 4th....he went to the right lane...and we were still going, and i started to walk on him, i was passin him with a huge smile on my face.....omg it was so funny....and no cars in front and i got him by like @ least 3 cars or so...and he let off....... yesssss (Napolean Dynamite voice)

...that felt good.... but im really wanting ta get a GSR tranny, cuz even though this jdm b16 tranny has mad accleration, i cant shift into 3rd on the highway at all i tried a thousand times, and it really kills me on gas while drinvig normal on the highway, like crusing @ 65mph the tach is @ 3,800rpms .....and its prolly not so good for the motor to be @ those high rpms for long period of time...

-90 CRX Si

-GSR block

-JDM B16 head and trans

-6 puck clutch and 8lb flywheel

-Skunk2 intake manifold

-Looks like DC headers

-No cat

-and growling dual exust...

• 2 weeks later...

I raced a 2000+ Camaro SS with an SLP exhaust and I don't know what else along with a late 90's Mustang GT (I'm in the 1999 Camaro Z28 with 3.73's in the rear end, and that's it.)

I launched better and stayed half a car length ahead of the Camaro the entire time. That was fun. I thought he was going to be a lot faster than that. His car sounded nice, though. I think my gears in the rear end made up for his exhaust. I had completely forgotten about the Mustang until I slowed down and looked behind me and saw him coming over the hill. It was all fun, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last night i was just driving home on this 3 lane,one way, empty street, @ around 1am and all the sudden this 95 or so Impala pulls up next ta me with some big chrome rims and nice 2 tone paint job and titnted windows, and u looks @ me and guns it, and i just keep drivin normal, and theres a light within one block so, he sittin at the stop light, (in my head i was likeYES! imma bout ta see wut i got against a V8!) it has like 100hp more then me, But weighs like 2000lbs more too...so........i pulled up ta him, looked over and he was doing the "lean back" and i started ta lol so...then he reved @ me and i reved back, and the light turned green! I got him off the launch, he was like @ my passenger and stayed there till i put it in 3rd and slowly started ta creep up on me, and then we had ta break for the Red light. and we were both sittin @ the light and he was doin the "lean back" again and i laughed again, this was fun, one more race, but before it turned green there was a car in the distance coming from the right, and didnt know if it was a cop or not, so the light turned green and we drove normal , it wasnt a cop, so then we were doing a like 15mph roll and i gun it and he guns it right with me and hes right @ my quartar panel, and starts ta creep a lil more, and then we gonna stop right away for the next red light, and right as we stop it turns green, and then he just takes off, and i just watch him, too many cops!

that was a fun race, i wish i could do the whole 1/4 mile with him, if i take out my subs and put my good tires on...i mite take him......i dont know, he was creeping on me in both races, i had the better launch.....but it was automatic...so.........yeaaa

• 2 months later...

I was on my way to meet my freinds ta go play pool when my frindes friends pulled up to me (2 girls) they were driving a 96 ford ranger or something like that, lil american pickup truck...automatic...and so yea the girl dirving, i already knew she was gonna go for it, so i was just talking to the passnger girl which was really cute... ^_^ so yea......i noticed the light was changing out of the side of my eye and i was just looking at her...and she was looking at me, and it was green and she gunned it(slow) and i was just keeping up right there along side still looking at her in the eyes till 2nd gear (we were both smiling at each other) and and then i winked at her and gunned it and killled them by like 2 school busses and a short bus...so that made me feel pretty cool....and NO.. i didnt get that from "2F2F" the "stare and drive".....they got it from ME! and its cool cuz that girl that i was staring at( the cute one) is into cars and knows alot about them! Shes restoring a 70s something mustang, so yea and i said we should race...and what not....yup so thats wahts up!

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of the WRX's and the diesel trucks, while i lived in STL the local street race scene is Hall Street. My buddy has his STi out there, has a MAP controller, front-mount intercooler, can't remember the turbo name offhand, some suspension stuff too, but this '04-'05 DuraMax GMC pulls up to us loaded down with 5 people, he revs up, we rev up, and then when the third sound of the horn hits we both launch. That fuckin truck kept up with us until 3rd and almost into 4th. It was ridiculous. Not sure what the truck had in it, but if i had to guess it had a controller, a banks turbo upgrade, and propane or nitrous injection. But thats just a guess.

Archived