Car Pics (Version 2)

DPan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own two Nissans, check them out.

my WHIP: 4 year project so far. Spring of 07 it will no longer see the roads for its a track car. I would LOVE to swap the SR20 out and swap in an LS1 (YES its a V8) motor someday.

Hyperfest at Summit Point Raceway - Summer 06

IPB Image

photoshoot -fall 06

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

after paint and my new bumper - fall 06

IPB Image

My BEATER: Currently... MIA.... It got towed and no one knows where it is.

IPB Image

IPB Image

he's right it should be really easy to find if it was towed. you just call the police station and give them your license plate number or vin.

btw that first drift looks sweet that looks like a crazy line you're taking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest supraGlowString

I want this, a WRX hatch! Same power and AWD,

with half the weight of the sedan!

IPB Image

yup its true, photo shoped. If you open it with paint or any other program and zoom in you can see the colors of the pixels

• 2 months later...

Alright guys so lets start talking cars again. This forum has really died. I just handed the cash in for this gem:

1991 MR2 w/ t-tops

5 Speed

5SFE motor (very clean swap)

New front and rear brakes

IPB Image

IPB Image

The pic is from car domain in March, it's too dark out to take pics of it currently. It's got a -"Spec A" Front Lip (Aeroware replica), B&M replica short shifter with Trust shift knob, and that's basically it for now. I have smoked tail lights and front corners coming in the mail, along with a Type R intake, and SSAutochrome header. Still shopping around for an exhaust. The owner gave me a ton of extra stuff. He had a 3SGTE with full 91' turbo wiring harness (no splices) in the car previously with:

-Gen II JSPEC 3S-GTE Turbo

-Block bored .20 over

-CP 86.5mm Forged Pistons (9:0:1 compression)

-TTE 1.4mm Head Gasket

-Apexi Intake Kit w/MAF Adapter

-Bosch Single-Wire O2 Sensor

-TurboXS H-34 Recirculated Blow Off/Bypass Valve

-TwosRus Manual Boost Controller

-TwosRus Fuel Cut Defender

It was spec'd to run 11 seconds but was not torqued to spec, thus the head gasket blew. So he swapped that out for a stock 5SFE clip which is in the car now. Its not bad at all. It has 80k miles on it (60k on the trans). Cool thing is that he gave me the straight pipe exhaust from the 3S motor and it fits on the 5S so I'll probably throw that on once I get the header and intake to see what it sounds like. Also shopping around for 17" rims. Might go with 18x8 in the back and 17x7.5 in the front with some offset, but who knows. I don't want to go broke just yet. So yeah, that's it. I'm very excited. Going to try to hit the drag strip and auto cross to get a baseline with stock components. I'll update later if you guys are even alive.

5sfe swapped? what happen to his original 5sfe? how many miles you have on that car? i wanted a mr2 for a while but i now want something i dont have to smog. nice mr2 tho. too bad they sell for so much in cali. they overprice it by too much. that car in your pic with horrible clear coat peeling, dings, 200k+ miles and bad interrior would go for 6.5G's here.

are you going to drop in a 3sgte ? it would be bad ass.

nice hachi neko. my friends have a few here in cali.

Originally yes the car was 5SFE N/A....he then built a 3SGTE motor to a spec estimated to run 11 seconds, but the shop that did it didn't torque everything down correctly and he blew a head gasket. So he bought a 5S clip from a local shop because the motor needs a rebuild and that's where it is right now.

The 5S motor thats in the car has 80k miles on it and the trans has 60k. The 3S motor is in my garage and I'm going to rebuild it for install next summer.

I've loved MR2s ever since I was 13 or 14. Can't wait to get it running. Should be a couple of weeks.

• 2 months later...
i'll revive this thread by asking a question. Where exactly does the radiator go on an mr2?

It is mounted behind the front bumper like normal car. 2 purge valves and a crap load of coolant line. haha...but my car runs VERY cool compared to most cars on the road. No matter how hard I push her. Anyway I forgot about this thread. I got the car running, here's some pics of fresh wax:

8-26-0711.jpg

GOT LIP? hehe

8-26-079.jpg

8-26-076.jpg

100_1638.jpg

This doesn't s how my smoked taillights...

100_1599.jpg

bleh, I have millions of pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

wowzers. that looks mean!

I'm not a fan of the lowered stance, but that's just my personal tastes. The cars are beautiful.

What's the story behind the snowboard racks? (Is there something significant about them aside from holding your snowboard?)

I've taken a TON of nightshots of my car. These are from my friend Chris that he just sent me:

NightShots.jpg

mr2-2.jpg

mr2-3.jpg

tons more to come....i wont take up too much room tho :P

yeahh boooooiiii

mainstreet1.jpg

mainst5.jpg

mainst4.jpg

mainst3.jpg

mainst2.jpg

church3.jpg

church1.jpg

gosh I love my car

damn you yogi!!!!!!!!!! hahah those are the exact rims i'm ordering next!! hopefully for spring time. wow your car made a huge make over man. very VERY nice. *really* diggin the racks man.

spring time setup ---------

dsc03297ow8.jpg

Archived