modifications to your car

troy

Hey gsc gear heads, jw what kinda ride u guys got and what mods. post post post!

ill start er off

Car: 1995 Eagle Talon Tsi

Engine: 1gen head, mitsu metal (2-4 layer dont remember) headgasket, port n polish and tri seated valves. Prothane Motor Mounts

Turbo: PTE 50 Trim Turbo, Treadstone Intercooler (greddy size freakin huge), Greddy Type RS BOV, Manual boost controller

Fuel: 880cc injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump, aeromotive fpr

Electronic: DSMLink

Intake/Exhaust: RRE 2.5-3in downpipe/testpipe combo, Apex'i N1 Catback, KN air filter, custom intercooler piping

Suspension/Tires:Tien Flex, Motegi MR7 wrapped in Falken Azenis RT1's

Misc: NGK plugs, Magnecore Wires. Short shifter

Sound: Panasonic mp3 deck (pshhhhh i need subs n shit)

Aesthetics: NO BUMPER!! ARGHHH!!! (got a 97-99 talon bumper waiting to cut n put on)

Track Time

How much boost are you pushing? Have you Dyno'd or do you have a HP estimate?

Track time missing?

Lol stock GS300.

-Replaced standard interior wood panels. LOL.

What I would do if I had the money: Paint + body job (fix stuff), performance exhaust, cold air intake. Lol

lol i dnot have a current track time, i was in a hurry tho, my best track time was 15.0 with a 2.3 60ft. on bald tires, worn suspension (201kmiles), and autozone clutch. i only had intake and exhaust at the time as well @ 10 psi.

will have to go back to the track with lal my new goodies. right now im at 21psi. only do 3rd gear pulls on the highway lol. need a clutch

91 MR2

SSAutochrome header (Removed cat from the system)

Custom intake w/ K&N filter

B&M short shift kit

rear X-Bar,front strut bar

Alpine CDA-9856

NGK-R Plugs

Plans?

Endless.

New paint and clutch are the biggest things for the current motor. Also want to do a full Boston Acoustics audio system. just speakers and an amp to keep weight down.... (toyota red is fading fast...no clear coat either...clutch slips in all gears when trying to play :(...Infinity speakers installed (throw up))

Rims/tires (10" wide w/ rolled fenders in the back if I can find the right rim)

Full coil over suspension (little drop wanted). Sway bars, anti-sway bars, dampening, camber kit.

Brake upgrade

From there, I want to swap in a 3SGTE motor. Go with a different turbo (TD06...maybe...if not CT26 is cool), bore the block .20 over, put some forged pistons in w/ rods (86.5mm CP), resurface and 3pt valve job the head, water injection

bleh....so much to do. The 5S as it is, is fun don't get me wrong. Only thing stopping me is that thing called money. It's cool though because the first step was getting the car after 5-6 years of research and dreaming. I dunno. I love my car.

hell yea i was all into toyotas for a while, my friend had a celica with the 5sfe and was ready to turbo charge that bad boy, til it got wrecked lol. they are tight fun lil beginner motors. the 3sgte def will make you happy though! you should look at some of the jspec ones, i totally cant remember now (its been like 4 years) but certain ones had different turbos / higher compression/ bigger injctors and such and came stock with like 50 more hp. do some research on those! mr2's have alot of potential and are possibly one of my favorite types of cars.

yeah man no doubt. toyota for life! haha...for me at least. I belong to mr2oc.com and they have a ton of info on all the swaps and motors and places to get them on there. Like I said tho...just have to get the money. I can turbo the 5S with a 2nd or 3rd gen 3S head, turbo/turbo manifold, and a little bit of work if need be. I have a head and turbo right now, but no matter what I do, I have to drop the motor out anyway..

It'll come with time. I love my car.

yeah man no doubt. toyota for life! haha...for me at least. I belong to mr2oc.com and they have a ton of info on all the swaps and motors and places to get them on there. Like I said tho...just have to get the money. I can turbo the 5S with a 2nd or 3rd gen 3S head, turbo/turbo manifold, and a little bit of work if need be. I have a head and turbo right now, but no matter what I do, I have to drop the motor out anyway..

It'll come with time. I love my car.

hm i wouldnt think the head would be as necessary as the block would be, seeing as how that would be the first thing to go. but my friend was planning on pushing like 8 psi with stock internals. i think the only thing he was going to do was arp headstuds and a metal headgasket, which you should already have if u plan on this project, IT IS A MUST!!!

i need to get my damn car back up n running, just cuz i need to borrow a timing light lol. i seriously have become so lazy lately.

the 5S block can hold up to about 200hp under some low boost. It can actually be built (internals and all) to withstand more abuse than a 3S block.....I really want to get a red top beams motor....8k rpm redline and 200 N/A horse....can turbo that too hehe

• 2 weeks later...
the 5S block can hold up to about 200hp under some low boost. It can actually be built (internals and all) to withstand more abuse than a 3S block.....I really want to get a red top beams motor....8k rpm redline and 200 N/A horse....can turbo that too hehe

haha yea shit shud be quick! but what you have to look at is the compression on that N/A (reason it is 200 horses). you will probably be changing the pistons to low compression if you want to boost high, which it would probably be kind of dumb to buy a engine w/ these parts that ur replacing anyway when you can just get the lower version for cheap.

and also the amount you can boost safely might not even gain u much power over just staying N/A. thats when you go for the supercharger if you got room in the bay. low boost, small drawback.

haha yea shit shud be quick! but what you have to look at is the compression on that N/A (reason it is 200 horses). you will probably be changing the pistons to low compression if you want to boost high, which it would probably be kind of dumb to buy a engine w/ these parts that ur replacing anyway when you can just get the lower version for cheap.

and also the amount you can boost safely might not even gain u much power over just staying N/A. thats when you go for the supercharger if you got room in the bay. low boost, small drawback.

Yeah I see what you're saying. And you are right about almost everything lol. The engine bay has enough room for an S/C. I wouldn't mind doing that if it was the right price. Love that sound if it's just right. If I were to boost any N/A motor (5S, 3SGE, etc), I would automatically change out internals or at least rebuild the engine to not have to ask questions later when oil blows out the bottom of my car after boosting once.

It's all just research right now. I have so much fun with the 5S as it is, and it keeps me from getting pulled over....well....kinda lol. No fines yet. But anyway. I'll most likely just get a full 3rd Gen 3SGTE clip down the road from a 94+ and bolt onto that to see where it gets me. Winter is coming up quick so my car will be in for paint before I know it this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed Angel Eye Headlights and an authentic functioning Toms intake scoop :)

Just after install:

10-19-07.jpg

A couple of minutes ago:

10-19-075.jpg

10-19-076.jpg

10-19-077.jpg

Toms Scoop:

10-19-072.jpg

10-19-074.jpg

LOLZ too bad that broke and flew off on the highway. So much for that.

I'm going to upgrade to HID eventually. They are way better over stock.

LOLZ too bad that broke and flew off on the highway. So much for that.

I'm going to upgrade to HID eventually. They are way better over stock.

BWHAHAHAHAH OMG THAT SUCKS!!! lol too bad u didnt get it on tape, then u could make one of those little .gifs. they got one of an eclipse wit a spoiler n it shows the VW guy and says time to unpimp ze auto! and the cars drivin n the spoiler flies off, priceless!!

and good choice, HID's are so sick. my friend got a pair and now im in love with them have to get me some

1997 integra GSR.. for the most part stock except AEM cold air intake..

future plans:

JDM front end conversion

Forced induction.. most likely turbo

paint job?

haha well for now i have the car :)

Nice man, got any pics?

Speaking of JDM, I installed JDM side moldings on my car to get rid of that pesky sidemarker light that doesnt do anything anyway!

100_1825.jpg

Also have a JDM 94+ front lip coming......lets just say someone didnt like my other one I guess :(

Nice man, got any pics?

Speaking of JDM, I installed JDM side moldings on my car to get rid of that pesky sidemarker light that doesnt do anything anyway!

100_1825.jpg

Also have a JDM 94+ front lip coming......lets just say someone didnt like my other one I guess :(

vandalized? that sucks ass dude wat happen?

Nice man, got any pics?

100_1825.jpg

yeah i have some ok pics of it..

18102007073.jpg

18102007075.jpg

18102007074.jpg

I only got it recently frm some money i made at working part time at fast food. its a nice for my first car.. i was intending to get a RWD originally like a FC or 240 but in the end I ended up getting the integra because that was another car i liked.. well im beggining to like it more and more everyday now.

Gotta start somewhere man. Teggy's are cool.

vandalized? that sucks ass dude wat happen?

I dunno man. I walked into the club lookin at my car, everything was fine. Came out of the club, lip was busted....shit happens I guess.

Gotta start somewhere man. Teggy's are cool.

I dunno man. I walked into the club lookin at my car, everything was fine. Came out of the club, lip was busted....shit happens I guess.

lol maybe someone drunk accidently drove into u (if the parking lot was flat n had a spot infront of u)

that really sucks, id b sooo pisst!

but alot of shit happened to my car, i swear after every trip to any store / mall / club id end up with 3 new dings on my car. you should seriously see my car, i have HELLA dings its ridiculous.

Archived