SUPRA POWER!!! toyota pride!!

Guest SupraGlow

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

correct. stock turbo's aren't to great for more then 500 - 550 hp. some upgrade their stock twins. but most just go with a single depending on the cars setup and what it's meant to do. .

btw where's the guy who started this thread ;)

Are people who use turbos more concerned with rolling and 1/4 mile speed than off the line 0-60? Seems like a big super would be better for off the line, from my understanding. (I really wish I could stick a super in my car).

supraglowstring, what happen? =) don't let me get to you. supras and the 2jz was such an advanced car/engine, that it is hard to believe that a car/engine of this kind came out in the early 90's.

01 Lexus GS300. more luxury 4 door sedan than those. plus if i got the IS or SC id have to get it in stick... they are alot harder to find up here in norcal... + that would mean id be racing around because it only feels natural for me to mob hella fast in a 5speed manual. i just cruise now and play with the buttons on the steering wheel. =D

that and if i want to drive stick i can use my old commuter/kick around car that i plan on driving to shady locations.

WTF... WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?! Are you retarded??? Getting HP to the ground starts making a difference at about 450 HP. If you have ever driven a car that makes over 500 HP you would know that. I could have a 800 AWD car beating a 1500+ HP RWD car easily.

I just wanted everyone to know that this is totally incorrect. have 4WD gives you a little better traction off the line. But once you have traction you actually get LESS power to the road. Your engine has to distribute it's power across two axles now rather than just one, wasting some in the process. Look at professional drag cars. Are any of the 4WD? Nope they're all RWD.

Guest supraGlowString

13.4 stock w/ a better then ave. driver. it's not a supra vs civic thing. but it's power + money + knowledge + skill. who ever has the most money into the car is faster in anything. auto-x. drag. even drift. don't get me wrong. i love supras. 2jz's are like the LSx series motors but for the Japanese market. but in any scene. it's mainly what i mentioned..

Toyota did a bad ass design on the 2jz's. one of the strongest engines out.. especially damn impressive being an engined designed back in the early 90's.

and what you say. seeing a honda for a race car.. you just can't. well what do you say about nsx's? they are a GT car as well. i've seen some mean fucking nsx's out. put up a good whooping on 600 - 800HP supras. and i mean GOOD whooping. sure there is another supra faster. but that's how it rolls. there is always someone/thing faster. Look into the JGTC. NSX's play a huge roll in that as well. as well as in the F1 series. honda has been coming up. and by no means is an nsx a race car. just opening up your view/opinion on "honda." civics aren't the only thing honda has. saying you can't see honda as a race car is well i guess you're opinion. no car is a race car. supras were designed as a Japense Luxurious Sports car. not a race car. Sporty is one thing. Race car is another...

but this thread is just a never ending thread. because i for one do not own a MKIV right now due to not having a garage. i have 2 civic hatchbacks, 1 MKIII supra, and a 05 scion xb. i have other things to look forward to before dumping my life into a 20k+ car for now. something that will not depreciate in value over time. (IE: a house) and yes i may sound like i'm anti-supra because i'm saying things about other cars being higher then a supra but overall that's just how it goes. i could've and i still can own a MKIV if i really wanted to get into one. but i'd rather wait and invest something more worthy. alot of people like supras just because of the superior power plant they have. and that's it. i love the way toyota designed the supra. anything and everything about it. the little details from 93 - 96 to 97 - 98. little details that not alot of supra "fans" know.

ahh, your right. i forgot about the nsx XD, but like you said were talking about price and s** right? now tell me how much the nsx cost when it barly came out, supra was about 38k. I guess i was sterio typeing, kuz there are millions of civics per mile and thats all you see, i havent seen too mann fixed up nsx's, but im shure there are plenty. nsx's cost too much with the money you would use to buy a stock nsx, you can buy and fix up a car nasty style, true?

now i am to lasy to read all of this XD

oops i was wrong it weighs 4,630lbs says door jam. haha mo fugin heavy ass car.

but yeah i dont know alot of young people who like GS's either. well they dont hate it but they would never think of buying a gs. i got pictures of it today from my brother so ill post some up if you guys are interested in a stock gs300 (prolly not but ima post anyways).

My goal in life (car-wise) is to own a GS. An IS would also be nice. GS just SCREAMS sexy class and a good bit of power too (GS 450h *drools*).

Yeah the IS (and SC and ES) are definitely lexus' younger-person market cars. But meh, I think owning a luxury car that everyone has (IS and RX) would just ruin the whole experience of owning the car. In addition to the fact that GS (current gen) is just the most visually appealing to me. LS is too clunky looking (even tho it still looks really nice).

Guest supraGlowString

My goal in life (car-wise) is to own a GS. An IS would also be nice. GS just SCREAMS sexy class and a good bit of power too (GS 450h *drools*).

Yeah the IS (and SC and ES) are definitely lexus' younger-person market cars. But meh, I think owning a luxury car that everyone has (IS and RX) would just ruin the whole experience of owning the car. In addition to the fact that GS (current gen) is just the most visually appealing to me. LS is too clunky looking (even tho it still looks really nice).

my mom had a pretty sick ass isback in 01

ahh, your right. i forgot about the nsx XD, but like you said were talking about price and s** right? now tell me how much the nsx cost when it barly came out, supra was about 38k. I guess i was sterio typeing, kuz there are millions of civics per mile and thats all you see, i havent seen too mann fixed up nsx's, but im shure there are plenty. nsx's cost too much with the money you would use to buy a stock nsx, you can buy and fix up a car nasty style, true?

now i am to lasy to read all of this XD

same goes both ways. you can buy a stock supra for 25k. or buy a civic shell and dump the rest into a proper build and have a reliable fast grocery getter. honda or not. i could get a eclipse and make it faster w/ less money then what you could buy a stock car for =P..

overall as i said. who ever has the deepest pockets wins. always.

overall as i said. who ever has the deepest pockets wins. always.

Amen to that. I was at Willow Springs earlier today, and its funny to see my Uncle's 86 GT-S Twin Cam

which only has two racing seats and a red top engine loose to the infamous Hasselgren 86 GT-S Twin Cam which has all best after market parts Bill Gates could buy, a 4AGZ engine, Brembo brakes, Tien springs and such to be exact.

• 3 weeks later...

ok as you can see from my name and sig im a supra lover, and i belive most people under estimate supra's, thinking that super cars(not only super cars) are faster than any supra. <_<

:KneelSuckers: you gotta say supras own the streets

even doh there might not be manny of them.

and plz compair it to other cars i will put up a good arguement

i have converted manny manny people to loveing supras and toyota in general :bananadance:

soo hit me.... :smokin:

dsms are cheaper to make faster. (bang for buck)

and cmon, who else can run 7's street legal without a completely gutted interior on a 4 CYL!! i think john shepherd can

EnD OF ArGumEnt!!!

:P

Archived