SUPRA POWER!!! toyota pride!!

Guest SupraGlow

Toyota GZ Supra vs Mitsu 3000GT VR-4

I'd say the supra is so much better.

From what I researches, both have engines that crank out 320 horses, and both pull 315ft/lbs in torque.

BUT, there is a 300 kg difference in weight with the Mitsu weighing in at around 1715 kg.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasnt talking to you.....

Ah its cool dude, jus passin along the flame :-D I really dont care if a guy likes imports or domestics I jus like talkin to people who actually know about cars.. plur!

From what I researches, both have engines that crank out 320 horses, and both pull 315ft/lbs in torque.

BUT, there is a 300 kg difference in weight with the Mitsu weighing in at around 1715 kg.

OMFG!!! You must be joking!!! Your comparing the fat assed dyno queen supra to an AWD lighter twin turbo 6 cyl VR4?!?!?! WTF ive seen VR4's make over 800 hp on a stock bottom end with only turbo upgrades.. Its not only about power its about getting power to the ground. All you mofos who have the 5" tach stickin out the window when your pos excuse for a car doesnt rev past the stock in dash tach can suck my balls.. how bout that! The mitsu is hands down a better car if not for anything but the drive train! Fuck, what I wouldent give to make my 04 stang AWD... sigh....

It doesent matter what forum car threads are ever started on but thier never seems to be an educated, mature thread bassed on facts. bah!

Guest supraGlowString

well i think that the NSX is a good compairison to a supra, and the supra is better than the 3kGT VR-4 from what i see, and the thing about getting the power to the floor is true hp is useless if you cant get it on the floor, but heres the thing every seen a a 3kGT VR-4 crank 1500hp? now thats potentual, cant see an 3KT VR-4 do that huh, from what i see people seem amaised that its actuall able to rev with out bashing things in the bay,

can everyone say thank you Turbonetics =]

well i think that the NSX is a good compairison to a supra, and the supra is better than the 3kGT VR-4 from what i see, and the thing about getting the power to the floor is true hp is useless if you cant get it on the floor, but heres the thing every seen a a 3kGT VR-4 crank 1500hp? now thats potentual, cant see an 3KT VR-4 do that huh, from what i see people seem amaised that its actuall able to rev with out bashing things in the bay,

can everyone say thank you Turbonetics =]

WTF... WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?! Are you retarded??? Getting HP to the ground starts making a difference at about 450 HP. If you have ever driven a car that makes over 500 HP you would know that. I could have a 800 AWD car beating a 1500+ HP RWD car easily. Dude you really know nothing about cars or physics do you?! Above 500 ponies HP dont mean shit without traction... You are a typical "ricerboi" who thinks that 5" tach sticking out the window (when your engine doesent rev above stock indash tach) gives you an additional 20+hp Racing is like anything else!!!!! "Moderation" SPINNING ISNT WINNING!!!!!!!!! In a mechanics point of view I am appauled by this thread... I mean wtf?!?!?

edit...

How are you going to compare a $!00k+ NSX to a $15K supra?!?!? WTF is that?!? Cause they are both made by Toyo?!? Thats liek comparing a Mustang to the Ford GT.. RTARD!!!!!! and the Ford GT would smoke anything TOYOTA ever made!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok supraGlowString nthe only thing ur doin is chooseing supra over any other car ok thats ur opinion other people my have ideas to some people a supra isnt the ultimate car some it may be a vett c4 or c5 or other iots may be an rsx type s or typr r but i think that every car is capible of reashing the same HP as u would with a supra i mean yeha u can get 1000HP in a supra but its gonna cost u jus liek it would with other cars the only thing is the time and money u put into it but i thikn that at times supras are over rated cuz eventully some newer and faster car will come along

and i bet u anything that i knwo one care that u could never beat ... have u ever seen a supra beat a vett Z06 .. no matter what u try the vet will always win i mean i hate to say it but its true they soem stock with around 600hp and all u have to do is add a magna charger and its unstopable that magna charger will kick any of the turbos u can put on the supra i cuz turbos have to spoll to get the boost but magna or super chargers are constant but the bad thing is that u take HP to make HP unlike the turbos they make HP with out takin it

Hey guys...just sticking my head in for a sec since someone linked me to this thread.

lets all stop "passing the flame" and such and just have a normal discussion without calling names and blah blah blah blah.

THANKS.

PS no one in this thread actually complained about anything...it was a random person.

Guest supraGlowString

WTF... WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?! Are you retarded??? Getting HP to the ground starts making a difference at about 450 HP. If you have ever driven a car that makes over 500 HP you would know that. I could have a 800 AWD car beating a 1500+ HP RWD car easily. Dude you really know nothing about cars or physics do you?! Above 500 ponies HP dont mean shit without traction... You are a typical "ricerboi" who thinks that 5" tach sticking out the window (when your engine doesent rev above stock indash tach) gives you an additional 20+hp Racing is like anything else!!!!! "Moderation" SPINNING ISNT WINNING!!!!!!!!! In a mechanics point of view I am appauled by this thread... I mean wtf?!?!?

edit...

How are you going to compare a $!00k+ NSX to a $15K supra?!?!? WTF is that?!? Cause they are both made by Toyo?!? Thats liek comparing a Mustang to the Ford GT.. RTARD!!!!!! and the Ford GT would smoke anything TOYOTA ever made!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a man what the hell is your problem, stop pms'ing, realx dude. Also dont ever call me an "ricerboi", you have your nose stuck up your ass, this thread is about bringing up cars to comapir to the supra, its not about dissing anything or any one, what is up with you saing "the Ford GT would smoke anything TOYOTA ever made!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ypu crazy man? look i under stand you have been working on cars for quite a while but thats no reason for you to go balistick on this thread, right now you are doing the total oppisite of p.l.u.r

Lol.. this is why I got out of the car scene.. at first, everyone respects each other's rides.. then it's a battle of who's is better.. I tried to give my two-cents, but I see this is going to a bad place quick

Guest supraGlowString

Lol.. this is why I got out of the car scene.. at first, everyone respects each other's rides.. then it's a battle of who's is better.. I tried to give my two-cents, but I see this is going to a bad place quick

same here dude

Coolest thing possibly coming out of Toyota's factory

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/12/the_toyota_fths.php.

If anything, the powerplant making to the public would be an awesome site. The TV clip I saw of this the other night rumored a big 6.0L(?) V8. Also, while I'll admit I love Supra's, I am a HUGE fan of AWD...Impreza RS's to be exact. Yeah I like STi's as well, but unfortunatly I can't afford those....hehe

Guest supraGlowString

Coolest thing possibly coming out of Toyota's factory

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/12/the_toyota_fths.php.

If anything, the powerplant making to the public would be an awesome site. The TV clip I saw of this the other night rumored a big 6.0L(?) V8. Also, while I'll admit I love Supra's, I am a HUGE fan of AWD...Impreza RS's to be exact. Yeah I like STi's as well, but unfortunatly I can't afford those....hehe

wow thats pretty cool 400hp v8 also hybrd, 0-60 in 4 sec. not bad not bad, but i still prefer the older cars look

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest supraGlowString

supras suck and their slow. honda for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao, dude hondas arent even race cars. Lmao are you brain dead, ok hate supras as much as you want but i think we can all agree on that they are fast

I <3 SUPRAS. my second favorite car. 1st is skyline all the way though... i haven't seen many supras but when i do, its either at a car show or some old dude drivin it.. lol. they are expensive as hell too... i looked a couple up on auto-trader and one was $42,000---> with a smashed front end!! too much money for me.. but if i had money to burn, a 94 sport roof supra!!

lmao, dude hondas arent even race cars. Lmao are you brain dead, ok hate supras as much as you want but i think we can all agree on that they are fast

if you knew me and you have read more post in this section. i am the Supra owner around here. I currently having a 2jz swapped mkiii going. i'm waiting on more parts. and i've owned a supra longer then alot of people getting into the scene. i was 14 (almost 7 years ago) years old when i first bought my supra. 87 turbo 5spd targa. now after awhile i decided i would just do a 2jz swap for the hell of it. i want to see what it feels like compared to my 7m.

i do also have 2 89 civic hatchbacks. and i'll tell you want. i'm impressed after owning my ZC swapped 89 EF hatch. now i don't like to drag race. but this little ZC is impressive for a 1.6 DOHC non vtec motor.. (all motor. the nitrous is just for kicks). especially in this light of a car. as for my other civic well. it's going to be a little more fun car. gsr/type r tranny combo. maybe boost it. but none the less the suspension is where most of the money is going. i love auto-x'ing. alot more fun then driving in a straight line for 12 - 15 seconds over and over.

and another reason alot of MKIV's are so fast because look who owns them.. a bunch of rich people who have nothing better to do then drop grands and GRANDS of money into them. you have to give it to the honda guys who do what they do to compete with some of these supras. there are alot of civics that aren't really known because they are just that. a civic. no props are given which is sad but oh well. just a few weeks ago i was at Wichita International Raceway and let me tell you. the civics out there were IMPRESSIVE. 10 second hondas boosted, 12 second hondas all motor. (:edit: oh yea let me add. these were on drag radials and fully streetable cars) alot cheaper to mod. and alot easier to make it go fast for cheap. but oh well. after owning my hondas and seeing what they are capable of. i have to give those true honda tuners props.

Guest supraGlowString

well what you saind now is more understandable, but... when you said that thing about the rich kids spending alot of $ on a supra is bull, the supra stock is fast(im talkin about the 93-98 tt ones). it runs a 1/4mile in 13.4, i dont know about you but thats pretty fast for a stock car. Also i still cant see a honda being a race car originally, you can fix up any car and call it a race car, but is it a "race car" stock? Its made for everyday driveing, and lots of ppl mod it up kuz like you said its cheap, and i think we all know fixing up a supra is not cheap. Well dont get me wrong, im not comapiring hondas to supras, they are boath in difrent classes. Mostly i respect the supra kuz it can drift, drag, circut. Also we all know how much power they can take on.

BUY AN SRT-4!!! HAHA.. they are pretty fast.. not as fast as a supra, but the fastest stock car for under $25,000... cheap go fast parts too... buy 7 things, get it tuned, and have 300whp for under $1500.. that's enough for me!! lol

well what you saind now is more understandable, but... when you said that thing about the rich kids spending alot of $ on a supra is bull, the supra stock is fast(im talkin about the 93-98 tt ones). it runs a 1/4mile in 13.4, i dont know about you but thats pretty fast for a stock car. Also i still cant see a honda being a race car originally, you can fix up any car and call it a race car, but is it a "race car" stock? Its made for everyday driveing, and lots of ppl mod it up kuz like you said its cheap, and i think we all know fixing up a supra is not cheap. Well dont get me wrong, im not comapiring hondas to supras, they are boath in difrent classes. Mostly i respect the supra kuz it can drift, drag, circut. Also we all know how much power they can take on.

13.4 stock w/ a better then ave. driver. it's not a supra vs civic thing. but it's power + money + knowledge + skill. who ever has the most money into the car is faster in anything. auto-x. drag. even drift. don't get me wrong. i love supras. 2jz's are like the LSx series motors but for the Japanese market. but in any scene. it's mainly what i mentioned..

Toyota did a bad ass design on the 2jz's. one of the strongest engines out.. especially damn impressive being an engined designed back in the early 90's.

and what you say. seeing a honda for a race car.. you just can't. well what do you say about nsx's? they are a GT car as well. i've seen some mean fucking nsx's out. put up a good whooping on 600 - 800HP supras. and i mean GOOD whooping. sure there is another supra faster. but that's how it rolls. there is always someone/thing faster. Look into the JGTC. NSX's play a huge roll in that as well. as well as in the F1 series. honda has been coming up. and by no means is an nsx a race car. just opening up your view/opinion on "honda." civics aren't the only thing honda has. saying you can't see honda as a race car is well i guess you're opinion. no car is a race car. supras were designed as a Japense Luxurious Sports car. not a race car. Sporty is one thing. Race car is another...

but this thread is just a never ending thread. because i for one do not own a MKIV right now due to not having a garage. i have 2 civic hatchbacks, 1 MKIII supra, and a 05 scion xb. i have other things to look forward to before dumping my life into a 20k+ car for now. something that will not depreciate in value over time. (IE: a house) and yes i may sound like i'm anti-supra because i'm saying things about other cars being higher then a supra but overall that's just how it goes. i could've and i still can own a MKIV if i really wanted to get into one. but i'd rather wait and invest something more worthy. alot of people like supras just because of the superior power plant they have. and that's it. i love the way toyota designed the supra. anything and everything about it. the little details from 93 - 96 to 97 - 98. little details that not alot of supra "fans" know.

13.4 stock w/ a better then ave. driver. it's not a supra vs civic thing. but it's power + money + knowledge + skill. who ever has the most money into the car is faster in anything. auto-x. drag. even drift. don't get me wrong. i love supras. 2jz's are like the LSx series motors but for the Japanese market. but in any scene. it's mainly what i mentioned..

Toyota did a bad ass design on the 2jz's. one of the strongest engines out.. especially damn impressive being an engined designed back in the early 90's.

and what you say. seeing a honda for a race car.. you just can't. well what do you say about nsx's? they are a GT car as well. i've seen some mean fucking nsx's out. put up a good whooping on 600 - 800HP supras. and i mean GOOD whooping. sure there is another supra faster. but that's how it rolls. there is always someone/thing faster. Look into the JGTC. NSX's play a huge roll in that as well. as well as in the F1 series. honda has been coming up. and by no means is an nsx a race car. just opening up your view/opinion on "honda." civics aren't the only thing honda has. saying you can't see honda as a race car is well i guess you're opinion. no car is a race car. supras were designed as a Japense Luxurious Sports car. not a race car. Sporty is one thing. Race car is another.

i can see honda as a race car... i have seen a honda as a race car.. my friend has has an eg bubble. full wide body kit, boosted, all motor, the whole nine yards.. he doesn't even race against cars anymore. he races against street bikes........ with his honda!! this kid has built everything himself... hand crafted and welded the exhaust mani himself... sick fucking thing i'll tell u that.. its a car that that is one of a kind... clean as hell too. at the track, he has to ease it off the line... 1st, 2nd, 3rd... then punches it... and still spins like hell.

this kid keeps calling him up to race... the kid has a boosted hyabusa street bike.. i have to ask when they are gonna race, i'll post a video...

Archived