SUPRA POWER!!! toyota pride!!

Guest SupraGlow

Guest supraGlowString

ok as you can see from my name and sig im a supra lover, and i belive most people under estimate supra's, thinking that super cars(not only super cars) are faster than any supra. <_<

:KneelSuckers: you gotta say supras own the streets

even doh there might not be manny of them.

and plz compair it to other cars i will put up a good arguement

i have converted manny manny people to loveing supras and toyota in general :bananadance:

soo hit me.... :smokin:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ooosupra92ooo

I'm one of those people that supraGLOWstring convinced. I mean supra's are just beautiful on the outside and mostly in the inside (engine). I love this post...i hope many others will get involved and ask some questions about supra's. Kids growing up always dream of mercedes, ferrari's, lamborghini's...etc....well not me i dream about Supra's! :smokin:

Lamborghini Vs. Toyota Supra

lol nice i mean i gotta admit i loe supras but there are also gonne be cars that have abalities they supras can i mean dont get me wrong i think supras are the best but thats only my opinion but there are cars like say a vet Z06 those cars have balls they have the horse power right from factory settings i mean yeah they can kill the supras but then again their handeling isnt the best and supras u can change that every person has their different ideas about which cars is the best i thikn that its really up the the person like they say bueaty is in the eye of the beholder

aaaah :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

cars. my type of talk.

[gets comfy]

supras. i [love] old skool style supras, but then again im a big fan of old skool in general.

and dont worry about converting me to toyota... both my babies are toyotas :) actually i have 3..

2 toyota sprinters and a toyota seca. all old skool... the oldest [edit - sorry, the newest] of my cars is an 88.. and im going backwards.. the other cars i want actually get earlier ^-^ the red 86 is an 85 n the white one is an 83

do you have a picture of your supra??

here are my 2 ae86s [just because i love them]

IPB Image

IPB Image

now im keeping this to why you think supras are better than cars of its same age bracket and class.. it cant just be like omgsuprasarethebestTHEEND because with newer cars and different price tags and different engine classes (v8, 4cyl, turbz, supercharged, etc) you really cant compare.

i personally prefer cars like ours (older but sexier) better but i know that if i sat a lambo next to my 86, that the lambo IS the better car. personal preferance makes me like my car better, but on paper, lambo for teh win..

[sorry if this goes off topic, i love my cars and love a good car talk]

anyways to cut it short else ill be here all day.

i love the supras :)

but for arguments sake compare it with these cars of the same era (going off the older shapes) compare the supra to a few other cars (all in my top ten ^-^)

IPB Image

mitsubishi starion

IPB Image

toyota ae86

IPB Image

nissan 240z

the starions were 1.8 rwd turbo.. widebody.. hot out of the box.. sprinters weighed less than 1000kgs factory.. fair enough the aussie ones had a realy shit engine (1.6l 4ac carby) but with the 4agze conversion (or just a fully imported jspec one) went pretty good.. my best friend has a GTE iin his 86 and a locked diff and its awesome. he wants an lsd but its not an option right now. plus with engine conversions a few here have done the 1jz and 2jz into them (think power/weight ratio) and its still within the toyota family so its not interbreeding. then is the 240z which.. although named number two on the list of Top Sports Cars of the 1970s [in between a lambo and a ferarri] i dont think they were that great from factory, however, the body is fucking HOT and with an engine bay that big you could put anything you want in there.

anyways.. yeah. it also depends on what you want the car for as well... is it a drifter? is it for straight line runs? circuit??

so.. i hit you.

now hit me back =]

tell me WHY WHY WHY the supras are better.

IPB Image

ok... so basically you made this thread to brag about you owning a Supra.

You didnt tell us ANYTHiNG about your SUPRA...... you just have one..

Like Neko86... Better Bulit, then Baught.

Guest supraGlowString

ok here we go,i think supras cool because they are capible of soo much, they have tons of potentual. There are tons and tons of after market parts made for the supra. Another thing is that you can do anything you want to with it, you can drift it, you can take them on a circuit, and you can drag. It all depends on how you biuld it, right. Also another thing is that its faster than most new cars out there (stock) and its a 1993 car (1993-1998).

ledraver, when did i mention that i own a supra, i just know alot about them and i seen what they can do and i want people to compair it to other cars.

Wow.. car talk on this site, never would've imagined.. Supra's are great cause they're inline 6's.. ( 6 cylinders) In-line 6's can create outrageous ammounts of torque with minimul stress on the engine. That's why the supras are so great.. Only cars that can compare to them are skylines, but who can afford to import a skyline when you can just buy a supra in america? That is, if people can stop wrecking them. Slap on some twin turbos and you got a 1k hp reliable, daily driver. There's only a couple here in the memphis area, but i've seen'em.. been to the street races around here and watched them stomp vipers and lightnings like they weren't sh*t.. and the Blow-off valves with supras make you want to have an orgasm when they blow-off.. =)

although, while the jz's are good engines i personally think the sound of a nice rb is sexier.. you can pick a skyline a mile away :D

i was trying to think of cars before to compare to the new supras and all i came up with was skylines as well.

skylines over here in australia are like japanese commodores (i dont know if youll get that as commodores are aussie cars, it just means everyone has one).. do you really not have many in america?

you can get an r32 gtr averaging between 16-19k(aud).. supras prices were lower till fast and furious got released then the prices have jumped and are still pretty pricey, but supras can be tricky with the prices of an auto tt compared to manual tt differing, and then again with the n/a aerotop and.. etc etc. here they can go for up to 40k.

although in comparison for the supra wouldnt it be the 33?

both of those are fat and heavy :lol: (but sweet enough on the eyes, although i do prefer the older models of both)

comparing just the supra and skylines is no fun though. should find some factory specification sheets to compare them, coz i reackon theyd be pretty similar weight and size wise..

=] that was a really good response mordis!

however supraglowstring, like i said before im not in any way having a go or picking on you but i just wanted to adress your statements

you gotta say supras own the streets

and plz compair it to other cars i will put up a good arguement

but you havent given any arguments or anything.. basically your whole paragraph could be slapped onto any car and itd relate, just replace the word supra with something else.

"ok here we go,i think supras cool because they are capible of soo much, they have tons of potentual. There are tons and tons of after market parts made for the supra. Another thing is that you can do anything you want to with it, you can drift it, you can take them on a circuit, and you can drag. It all depends on how you build it, right. Also another thing is that its faster than most new cars out there (stock) and its a 1993 car (1993-1998)."

any car has potential. any car could be built into anything, depending on 3 things.. time, money and how much effort you are willing to put in.

what sort of new cars and what sort of supra are you talking about?

obviously not like a brand new swift or corolla or something n/a vs a tt or something like that.... be more specific ^-^

hows about this then. which is your prefered area of motorsport and why would you choose the supra?

mine is drift and i wouldnt go the supra, id go an s13 or 180sx (i believe 240sx in america?) coz there are ridiculous amount of them.. theyre really cheap.. there is many aftermarket parts for them (which would be much cheaper than supra aftermrkt parts) and its not too exessive power (seeing as drift is more about driver skill than outright power)

i mean if money was no object id choose differently but realistically id prolly go an s13. the 86s are good little drifters but they can take alot of time and cash to set up before id be willing to take them to the track, otherwise it wouldnt be worth it..

but yeah, i promise im not trying to be a mean bitch =)

Well.. been researching/building cars ever since I could drive.. just wish I could stick as much as I know about cars! =D First car was an 83 monte carlo.. put a 355 small block in it built with my own hands with no help.. I'll go into what a 355 small block chevy is if questioned, but i'd rather not.. too lenghty, hehe.. threw a push rod through the rocker arm and valve cover not investing in a roller rocker setup, but that was the only problem.. easy fix..

Sorry for the double post.. but the only audi TT i've seen that could compare with a supra was one that had front and rear engine. Yes, two motors.. twin turboed.. and it was only pushin 900+ horses.. a supra/skyline can make 1200+ with just a basic rebuild and twin turbo..

any car has potential. any car could be built into anything, depending on 3 things.. time, money and how much effort you are willing to put in.

what sort of new cars and what sort of supra are you talking about?

obviously not like a brand new swift or corolla or something n/a vs a tt or something like that.... be more specific ^-^

YuP! or ....like maybe some of you might have herd of a little car called a Civic? Honda makes them.

The worlds Quickest Civic is 6sec in the 1/4 mile. Driven by Stephen Pakadakis, was a 01' civic shell with a Twin Turbocharged NSX engine.

Civics are also in circuits, and drifting.

Extremly lightweight (good handling), lots of differnt engines you can put in, the engines have a very simple design, probly has the most aftermarket support, a swaped and turbocharged tuend civic is a deadly sleeper on the streets!

Alot of stuff has been doen to civics! Some people think that alot of stuff is palyed out, like people have already done stuff to them, so why would you do it, well it works!

The only thing that Civics, or Honda dosnt have is that extemly high top end speed, iTs mostly about accleration.

Guest ooosupra92ooo

The only thing that Civics, or Honda dosnt have is that extemly high top end speed, iTs mostly about accleration.

To tell you the truth...honda's don't have anything.

To tell you the truth...honda's don't have anything.

Integra vs Viper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQNttnXuIsc

Top of the line Honda motor, i think you know which cars get to have this motor.

Civic Vs. Ferrari

K20 swapped Civic

T71 Supra vs Drag Integra, K20 hatch, EG Hatch

Turbo Civic vs STi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUX28IIS-OQ

CFT's Civic VS Supra

don't you love when people talk trash and cant back it up?! ....the last race.

Midwest K20a vs supra,evo,240sx

Guest ooosupra92ooo

Integra vs Viper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQNttnXuIsc

Top of the line Honda motor, i think you know which cars get to have this motor.

Civic Vs. Ferrari

K20 swapped Civic

T71 Supra vs Drag Integra, K20 hatch, EG Hatch

Turbo Civic vs STi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUX28IIS-OQ

CFT's Civic VS Supra

don't you love when people talk trash and cant back it up?! ....the last race.

Midwest K20a vs supra,evo,240sx

Ya you could even make a pinto car a sports car. It matters how you fix it up. It was a waste of time putting all of those videos up there. NO one will even watch it! Just face it a hond is a honda v-tec...lmao

Do you see celebreites drive crappy honda's?...ummm...NO . Hogan and his son both have a supra that will smoke any car on the streets. Nick hogan's friend has a blue supra that is just crazy!

Face it a supra could beat a car with speed and looks. What does a honda have?...nothing just a CHEAP v-tec engine...lmao. I don't have to waste my time putting supra videos. All I have to do is show you this one video...and that's it...just one video...i'll explains everything:

...could a honda do that?...NOPE!
Guest supraGlowString

you guys arent doing what i said, i said compair them to cars, not hate on them or drift off into other things. Its as simpol as "oh a trans am is better than a supra" or "omg the vayron is soo much better than the supra", thats what i asked for. Oh yea and about the honda thing,

guy please dont make me laugh hondas arent race cars, they werent made to be race cars, they have v-tec engines for fuel efficancy not to go faster. Hondas were made for everyday driveing, to get to point a to point b, and they have good prices on them so avrage people can afford them.

you have to be retarded to put more than 500$ into them.

first of all.

Whos hating on a supra?

How can you have a comparision without listing the good and the bad about it?

I wouldnt tell people not to hate, when you just hated on the hondas.

Dont be so quick to diss hondas. think NSX, think s2000, think type r, think type s.. theres a few more cars theyve released than their little daily drivers, which toyota also have many of.

i mean - i diss hondas, coz majority of my friends are azn drive them but its all in good jest.

Telling someone they are retarded for spending x amount on a car makes YOU retarded.

from spending $5 on an air freshener to $50k on a whole new drivetrain, people are going to mod their cars as they see fit.

i wrote up a five page essay but i dont think i can be bothered now.

this isnt the thread i thought it was. you havent answered any of the questions ive asked you and you dont seem to want the conversation to continue. i was quite pleased the way the thread was going.

how about YOU give us a comparision to the supra.

as we have already established. any amount of money and time will make any car be able to be tuned to outperform another car. if you want a serious car comparision, it has to be stockers.

in the same class.

so, give us a comparison. if you cant think of anything, use the r33 gtr.

mordis id be really keen to take a look at that audi tt, do you have any pics or links???

OMFG well then lets get started!!

My mustang, we wont get into specs it will just seem like im bragging, althought i have dyno sheets i can scan as well as timeslips, will eat that ricer shit the hell up. why dont you take that ricer crap back to the dock and load it up on the rice ship and send it back! this is america and im a fn american! There is no replacement for displacement and my bored and stroked 351 will punish the crap outta that little inline 6, its not even the turbo version is it? lawl lolololololololol! Nothing runs with my baby girl June. let me jus say it once again crap crap crap crap. someone needs to come up with a cleaver acronym for toyota that basically means crap! oh and for all you honda freeks out there here is a nice pic for you to show jus how lame you really are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPB Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I actually have a 94 full dsm galant vr4 ^.^ she is a 4 door awd turbo 6cyl

but you did say you wanted an argument!!!!

Much Love guys!!

PLUR

Wow! Non of what you guys said about Hondas made any sense! Nothing was accurate, you were just making it up. You showed me a low 9sec Supra, ok and.... is that the quickest there is? Do you know anything about it? " it has a turbo" ... yea thats proboyl all you know about it.

I was looking forward to a more mature argument. you guys have not proven any points. WHY is the Supra so so so "Superior"?!

I think what it really is, you guys watched a lil bit too much Fast and the Furious, and other movies like that and a lil bit to much video games.

Because the reality is, you guys that created this thread dont know anything about cars.

Guest supraGlowString

Wow! Non of what you guys said about Hondas made any sense! Nothing was accurate, you were just making it up. You showed me a low 9sec Supra, ok and.... is that the quickest there is? Do you know anything about it? " it has a turbo" ... yea thats proboyl all you know about it.

I was looking forward to a more mature argument. you guys have not proven any points. WHY is the Supra so so so "Superior"?!

I think what it really is, you guys watched a lil bit too much Fast and the Furious, and other movies like that and a lil bit to much video games.

Because the reality is, you guys that created this thread dont know anything about cars.

hey sun shine, make it clear who you are talking to, what ever ooosupra92ooo says has nothing to do with me. so next time if your gonna argue with someon make it clear, ooosupra92ooo is retarded and know nothing about the supra, he put up that lame supra video kuz it makes "pretty flames", supras are well capable of doint low 7's high 6's and thats with the stock body

OMFG well then lets get started!!

My mustang, we wont get into specs it will just seem like im bragging, althought i have dyno sheets i can scan as well as timeslips, will eat that ricer shit the hell up. why dont you take that ricer crap back to the dock and load it up on the rice ship and send it back! this is america and im a fn american! There is no replacement for displacement and my bored and stroked 351 will punish the crap outta that little inline 6, its not even the turbo version is it? lawl lolololololololol! Nothing runs with my baby girl June. let me jus say it once again crap crap crap crap. someone needs to come up with a cleaver acronym for toyota that basically means crap! oh and for all you honda freeks out there here is a nice pic for you to show jus how lame you really are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPB Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I actually have a 94 full dsm galant vr4 ^.^ she is a 4 door awd turbo 6cyl

but you did say you wanted an argument!!!!

Much Love guys!!

PLUR

ill piss fater than that trailer draging red neck mobile home mover, me and my cuzin made a 1000hp with spray stang look like your moms ford focus.

Wow! Non of what you guys said about Hondas made any sense! Nothing was accurate, you were just making it up. You showed me a low 9sec Supra, ok and.... is that the quickest there is? Do you know anything about it? " it has a turbo" ... yea thats proboyl all you .....

lololololololololol n00b. Ive been woriking on cars since I was knee high to a duck. The supra is a good or shall I even say great creation on Toyo's part.. Also if you knew shit about cars you would know a supras potential.. drrrrrr. The Supra was one of the first widespread production 6 cyl's that ever started breaking the 1000 hp mark. Also learn to spell.. We have to read that garbage so at least care enough when you post to do it right.

hey sun shine <- rofl ROFL......

ill piss fater than that trailer draging red neck mobile home mover, me and my cuzin made a 1000hp with spray stang look like your moms ford focus.

Blah Blah Blah, Like I said I have timeslips and dyno sheets so whenever you get some of your ride to back up your trash talk then we can compare. I dunno what your runnin but chances are id crush the shit out of it. So scan some papers so we can see and write GSC on them so we know it aint BS. I happen to like my " Red Neck Mobile and why you would make a sweet 1000hp stang look like a focus I dont know.. If you really liked cars youd never do that to any car. I love imports and domestics, if it looks and/or cooks im into it.

Sorry Neko.. but the Audi TT I referred to I first saw 2-3 years ago in a magazine. Again when I was at my friend's house, she had speed channel playing and they test drove it. (A girl watchin speed channel.. NIIIICE!) I searched the web for anything about it, came up with nothing.. And I threw the mag away throughout all my moves.. =\ Only mag I kept was an Import Tuner from 3 years ago with a "History of the Skyline" article.. gotta frame this thing..

lololololololololol n00b. Ive been woriking on cars since I was knee high to a duck. The supra is a good or shall I even say great creation on Toyo's part.. Also if you knew shit about cars you would know a supras potential.. drrrrrr. The Supra was one of the first widespread production 6 cyl's that ever started breaking the 1000 hp mark. Also learn to spell.. We have to read that garbage so at least care enough when you post to do it right.

I wasnt talking to you. I was responding to the video that supra92 put up.

Ok, I know Supra has potiental. I dont see why it is so great, and you guys still havnt proven WHY.

hey sun shine, make it clear who you are talking to, what ever ooosupra92ooo says has nothing to do with me. so next time if your gonna argue with someon make it clear, ooosupra92ooo is retarded and know nothing about the supra, he put up that lame supra video kuz it makes "pretty flames", supras are well capable of doint low 7's high 6's and thats with the stock body

Sunshine?! There you go trying to downgrade me and call me names. Like i said before, i thought this was going to be a mature deescusion. Calling other people names dosnt prove anything. It just makes you look stupid and immature.

And now you Finally bring up some "Proof" of why the Supra is so great.

Guest supraGlowString

i dont get it.. sinse when was sun shine a bad name? You are takeing it that way kuz you feel threatend by me and you think im trying put people down. Atleast thats the was i see it, by the looks of it you havent been so cind eather

From what I see, I say Honda and Toyota are even.

If you take a 97 Honda NSX and a 94 GZ Toyota Supra, both are pretty even.

The Suprea's 2JZ is a 3.0 L with a displacement of 2997. The NSX's 24V DHOC V6 is a 3.2 L with a displacement of 2779.

Both have the same drive train arrangement.

Both are 2 doors.

Although when it comes to weight, a Supra is 1490 kg, while the NSX is 1230. I guess that evens out the displacement difference though eh?

In terms of width, there is a 10 mm difference with the supra at 1810 mm and the NSX at 1820 mm. I'm not sure if this is gonna affect handling.

Some ppl sed that timeslips and dynos don't mean shit so I'm not gonna post it.

So I believe it comes down to the drivers. I personally like the Supra because of the rarity.

I so know I'm gonna hear "NO NOODLES YUR FUCKING WRONG" or some LESS intense shit like this. If so, please correct me kindly with the minimum value of junk as possible :sm_sleep:

In my opinion, I believe some cars are good for certain types of conditions.

Drift: Supra isn't rally a good idea, I've seen it loose to various cars in the Tansou session and not make it to the Tsuiso session. I've asked my Uncle why teams don't pick the Supra, he said ,"It's like bringing a jackhammer to do the job suitable for a normal hammer."

an NSX has for some reason just got out of the style in the drifting world. Keiichi Tsuchiya use to own a white one. I remember seeing it in the Drift Bible. I guess it got knocked out as soon as S15s, 350zs, and after market parts made for drifting came about.

Guest supraGlowString

ahhh there we go, some one who is doing what is suposed to be done on this thread. OK now..

the NSX is one of my favorite cars, and its a good comparison to a supra, but the supra is capible of more hp, but the NSX has great handeling, and i agree with you on the supras drifting thing, they just arent good at it, they belong on the 1/4 mile strip or a circut

Well.. an NSX compared to a supra is like comparing a pinto to a camaro.. an NSX is an exotic, rear engine, rear wheel drive car, compared to ferraris because of the price tag.. A stock supra isn't that great, but it has potential.. I'd much rather see a supra be compared to a mitsubishi 3000gt, because they (the two) were the best cars of their time (mid-later 90s) A 3kgt VR-4, if you've ever seen one in real life, is amazing.. I've never seen so much motor and turbo system cramped in such a little space in my life.. I still don't know how they fit so much stuff in such a little motor bay.. at least with a supra you have room, but with the vr-4 I don't know how they allow for motor flex with revving.. How's that for a comparison? =P

Archived