Let's Talk About Driving...

DPan

No, Im talking about on a regular 2 lane road. On the highway, I I hold my own. I do at least 80...

That's good. If no one's tailgating you on the highway then that's fine.

I know I commonly do anywhere between 85 and 100 on the highway (average speeds, I've gone faster and slower). So if someone was sitting in the left lane doing 80, I'd be mad. I almost never will tailgate them, but I do expect for them to move.

uhhhhh ??? lol

• 2 months later...

true story

one night i was driving home from a party that was boring as all heck

so to make things a little more intersting i mat the pedal of the late 2000 altima gxe (R.I.P)

now dont get me wrong this thing is in no way a speed demon but the four door can be fun if you want it to be. so im cruisin down 21 st 4 deep pegged at a hundred in a thrity five after about two miles at a hunderd i pass a cop oppsite lane so that means he was facing me. and man i tell you what i s****my pants at first but for some reason i decided to go for it and no sooner do i make the decision when i see lights up ahead so i pull over with the quickness and it turns out to be an ambulance it was just sittin there and till this day i think they were just trying to get me so im like man this dude is just a decoy so i pin it and hit my first left at sixty plus four deep body roll the whole shh bag is in effect

now keep in mind all these streets were ment to be driven on at thrity miles per hour when you speed things up it gets real bumpy real Quick so after about a few blocks im at hundred and the cop is in pursiut i hit the top of a hill and come down to a red light about 3 blocks away everybody in the car is screamin and freakin out telling me stop and all that jazz and at that point im thinkin if i stop im so f***** so i go for it i didnt even let off and at about five feet from the light boom it turns green ha ha so im like hell yea just dippin man rolling hills and all it was intense after a quick two miles we come to another intersection, now at fifty this thing will bounce you around we hit it at hundred and just took off air born the big and 1 just flying man and to be honest with you at that point my body was on fire with adrenline (cant spell) we hit the ground and instanly go into a slide i dont even now how i got out of it i just did thats ill i can say, after all that we were back down to 70 so of course i gotta pick it up my house was less than half a mile away and no cop has the scones to pull some stuff like that so i hit the a left onto country club smash to my house pull in the drive way and we all get out not even half a min later a cop flys down the oppiste side of my block sirens and all so we go inside and everyone leaves and im freakin out like damn did i just do that

and the next thing i hear is a helicopter ciricling back in forth i mean litreally looking down my block and everything so my mom wakes up looks outside and then turns to me and say's "their really looking for someone out there"................................................ im like yea huh im going to bed

i never got caught

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i was driving in a basha's parking lot (bashas, checker, other small stores), and a guy i saw was walking in a straight line like he was going to a different store. i fiddle with my radio a bit and this guy is still walkin straight as i approach, then all of a sudden he cuts off infront of me like a jackass. because he did this i ended up slammin on my brakes n gettin kinda close to him, he stares me down, i throw my hands up, wtf is this guy starin at me for. i pull in to park and the guy says you got alot of balls gettin that close to me bitch to which i told him to fuckoff ya stupid asshole. i go in checker to buy stome stuff, the guy comes burstin in and starts yellin at me, blah blah im a pedestrian you shouldn't get that close to me then you got the balls to talk shit to me lil crack your head open and i was just like look buddy calm down, i didnt hit ya did i? if your gonna do something do it. i was fucking pissed off at the nerve of this dumb asshole, and wanted to slam his face into one of those computers. checker dudes then seperate us n kick him out, n i buy my shit n go home.. the guy was a moron, it was like he walked out in front of me on purpose just to talk shit to me and pick a fight. and it wasnt like i was haulin ass down the parkin lot, i was drivin really slo too. wtffff

• 4 weeks later...

I've been driving for about 9 years. I've been in 4 accidents, all while I was the driver, 2 of which were my fault. ALL my accidents I was wearing a seatbelt, and none of them were wrecks. I got a ticket for running a stop sign once, it was an intersection that used to be a two way stop and they made it a four way, and I was so used to just cruising through I saw the cop sitting up ahead and I was like "shit! that was stupid." $50. I've also gotten a couple tickets for headlights out and stupid stuff like that.

Now for the crazy part. I've been pulled over for speeding ONCE. And it was kinda cheap. It was dark and I was going 60 in a 55 in the left lane of two lanes. I unknowingly passed an unmarked who was in the right lane, and he pulled me over. He said I shouldn't pass a police officer on the left, and I was thinking "if you weren't so damn sneaky I would have known you were a cop and not passed you on the left." But I just said "OK, thank you officer." And he left me with a warning. This all leads to my point that I have NEVER gotten a speeding ticket. Luck? Nooo. I very rarely speed many miles over the limit, except on the highway, and even that is done rarely. Usually, it's 5-10 above the limit. I'm less likely to speed at night, because it's hard to spot the cop, especially if they're coming up from behind. Plus, there's less cars on the road at night so you stick out in the crowd more. As I pass exits on the highway, I watch to see if there's a cop getting on, or if I see someone pulled over I make a mental note that there's a cop somewhere behind me. And of course, I memorize all the hiding spots.

Just showing it can be done if you're smart about it. And if you think that I don't stand out, I drive a red mustang GT. I don't mean to rub it in, but I'm a Step 9. Guess how much I pay for insurance... :smilewinkgrin:

probably one of the scariest moments in my life...one day i was driving up into the next city to pick up some weed. and i was already really really stoned. so im going the speed limit down the street not thinking i was doing anything wrong. then my friend taps me and says.. "dude theres a cop behind u". the cop had flashing lights siren and everything so im thinking im the one he wants to pull over.. so i get into the turn lane and stop to turn down the next street.. and the cop goes wizzing past me...that definetly scared the shit out of me.. due to the fact that i was high already lol..

wat really annoys me down here in florida. during the winter the so called seasonal snowbirds come down from up north. if you dont know what snowbirds are. they are people that live up north taht come down during the winter so they wont be as cold...and most of these snowbirds are REALLY old rich people that have houses on the beach. and im all about obeying the law and speet limit and stuff..but these Q tips drive unbelieveably slow...and it irritates the shit out of me when im trying to go to the beach to surf or skimboard..simply because they are all old and rich and live on the beach.. so they take up all the fuckin room..

• 10 months later...

I've almost been caught about 3 or 4 times going ~10 over. But I braked fast enough when I saw the cop (one time it was while driving my neighbor's Commander for him! that would have been bad [17 year old kid in a 60k or some crazy amt vehicle with the wrong registration x.x]).

Never been pulled over, never been ticketed.

I've only gone 30 over in two places. Once on the highway trying to push my car to 100 on a short stretch (got to 98 before I kinda put 1 and 1 together). We had just passed a cop that had pulled someone over, saw a cop pull someone over near the university, AND saw a cop down the highway. Yeah, bad idea. I've also gone 30 over in a semi-residentialish area (spd limit 40 normally). It's got these nice turns and it's a slight incline and there are NO places for cops to hide (fields on either side). The only problem is if you start speeding to early or slow down too late, there's one section that comes up real quick where they could hide.

I think speeding at night is more fun than during the day, BUT it's like 1000x more dangerous because I can't look in my mirrors to see cops or anything.

I've avoided several accidents recently. A guy merging into me, a girl who pulled out literally right in front of me (would have T boned her), when I was going 50MPH. etc. I just hate bad drivers in general.

Archived