My LED design

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too bad there.

They have a decent brightness and seem to work really well.

Mind giving a general description/specs?

Nothing amazingly specific, just weight, mojo used, leds, batteries.

Much appreciated.

Not too bad there.

They have a decent brightness and seem to work really well.

Mind giving a general description/specs?

Nothing amazingly specific, just weight, mojo used, leds, batteries.

Much appreciated.

no mojo yet, and if I did use some, it'd be hot glue or something along those lines. The weight isn't exactly that of a glowstick, but its very close. Its not innova stick light by any means. Its hard to detect the difference in weight but yeah, i love using them. Its A23 12v battery with two whites at the top and one blue at the bottom, simple series circuit there. I wanna try to make a parallel design to see if I can get better color distribution. Honestly the only reason I made these was because Sonik discontinued his =/ made me very sad. if you want a legit tutorial on them you might have to wait because its still in the prototype stage. Turning them on and off isn't ideal in the design, it involves taping a wire on and off the battery, extremely crude, but effective for now.

sooo aparently my post didnt go through SAD PANDA IS SAD

but

can u post a pic comparing ur paralell to ur series circut leds. I head you with light distribution, because my leds are 2 blue 1 white ( u cant see in tiny chat or on cam they just look like ultras) but the white is super overpowering ( just like most of western history HEYO) so it looks like i have 2 white leds and 1 blue. but yeah lemme know

Those look awesome man and maybe u could use a N type battery holder for the a23's and like cutting part of the glowstick cases to fit them in and maybe that would solve the problem of taping the wire on the battery, just would u mind responding my 2 questions, could u like post the specs of the leds, just like voltage and mcd and what resistors did u use??? Much appreciated

Those look awesome man and maybe u could use a N type battery holder for the a23's and like cutting part of the glowstick cases to fit them in and maybe that would solve the problem of taping the wire on the battery, just would u mind responding my 2 questions, could u like post the specs of the leds, just like voltage and mcd and what resistors did u use??? Much appreciated

These are still in development. I remade them since this video and am about to remake them again. with better brighter LEDs this time though. I got the battery holders and it made the weight of the stick a lot better. As far as specs go I don't see the point in releasing obsolete designs for something that is still changing. Its still a 12 volt battery, and there were no resistors involved... the battery produces ample power and there is no need., you're honestly making this more complicated than it needs to be by adding resistors, man.

This all could be due to the fact that I'm an electrical engineering major in college and this is like building a tree with legos to me. I'll release my specs when I have a design worth releasing.

sooo aparently my post didnt go through SAD PANDA IS SAD

but

can u post a pic comparing ur paralell to ur series circut leds. I head you with light distribution, because my leds are 2 blue 1 white ( u cant see in tiny chat or on cam they just look like ultras) but the white is super overpowering ( just like most of western history HEYO) so it looks like i have 2 white leds and 1 blue. but yeah lemme know

I have the specs all drawn out on paper, but I dont have two separate sets of leds made yet, still trying to figure out some stuff before I tackle making my final designs. And yeaaaah I am going to try and get a different color other than white... or maybe even blue, because the blue is really dim to begin with.

This all could be due to the fact that I'm an electrical engineering major in college and this is like building a tree with legos to me. I'll release my specs when I have a design worth releasing.

Then could u like help me with my leds please :) i know almost nothing when it comes to electricity /:

Then could u like help me with my leds please :) i know almost nothing when it comes to electricity /:

IMG_8944.png

I can't explain it to you over the internet. The series is what I'm currently using, and it sucks. Going for the parallel next, for better light distribution and to use brighter leds.

IMG_8944.png

I can't explain it to you over the internet. The series is what I'm currently using, and it sucks. Going for the parallel next, for better light distribution and to use brighter leds.

Im gonna try a parallel with a23's and some 1w leds(3 per stick), and that's why i said that of the resistors, but dont know what resistor to use, thats my only problem, I have already planned where to put each thing and already measured everything, thats the only thing missing:( Could u like tell me how to calculate what resistor to use??

Im gonna try a parallel with a23's and some 1w leds(3 per stick), and that's why i said that of the resistors, but dont know what resistor to use, thats my only problem, I have already planned where to put each thing and already measured everything, thats the only thing missing:( Could u like tell me how to calculate what resistor to use??

you do know that resistors are used to lower wattage of the POWER SOURCE, right? not the component?....

Then sorry for asking /: I´m to stupid for these things, i think ill pay someone to do them or just wait for someone to come up with a tutorial /:

Nah you're not stupid.

bbb

those look badass :D

could u please post a tutorial??

Umm well I intended on this being a 'for myself' thing because sonik stopped selling his sticks; and since I'm a starving college freshman, and people have been wanting them, I intend to sell them for profit. =/ sorry man but a guy's gotta make a living

also, don't waste time with the parallel circuit idea. forgot to post when I actually thought it through. Only one light would... light lol

Umm well I intended on this being a 'for myself' thing because sonik stopped selling his sticks; and since I'm a starving college freshman, and people have been wanting them, I intend to sell them for profit. =/ sorry man but a guy's gotta make a living

also, don't waste time with the parallel circuit idea. forgot to post when I actually thought it through. Only one light would... light lol

Then still gonna try to make them myself :) gonna ask a friend and some friends dad both electrical ingeneers but looking forward to a video of ur ledz :D

Then still gonna try to make them myself :) gonna ask a friend and some friends dad both electrical ingeneers but looking forward to a video of ur ledz :D

do it yourself stuff is always the best way to go.

as for a video i already posted one, its just a demo though, nothing special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7frycFnDubA

• 2 weeks later...

when will you be ready to start taking orders? cuz whenever you're ready i've got four different pairs to order lmao

Starting this November. 25$ a pair sound ok? just tell me the colors and I shall do my best. Batteries come with it

price sounds good by me; lol would you rather we meet up in person since we're both in the dfdub? or go via mail? lol

Im in denton so that would be wonderful lol. Your order would be 100$ soo yeah. Just gotta give me about a week or so to get the supplies then 1 day to make them all and should be good :D just tell me the colors youd want so I know what to buy

Archived