First car advice?

Epsilon Kias

Something practical. I made a mistake when I got my mustang, because it eats gas and it has a really heavy clutch that makes my ankle sore after awhile. I've since been wanting a nice Civic or something, that will get good mileage and last a long time. Will probably trade it in for something of this sort.

Get a Civic EX....V-Tec (for the most part I believe), power windows, power locks, sunroof, 30mpg...easily fixed....

Thats what I would say. might not be fun, but for your first car, its good I think. Probably get a nice one for $5k with low miles.

fuck it!!! go for the gusto... get a dodge srt-4... put 5 g's down and blow the rest on custom parts... lol...

seriously though.. first car?? anything honda if u want it to last... but... if u happen to get a civic... get an civic si.. veeeeery nice

Awesome... Thanks much on the help gentlefolks. I've been thinking about getting a Civic EX for a while now so I'll probably deal with that and start working on the body or somthing after I can find one.

Again... Danke Muchen.

(Even though my dream would probably be a Mazda RX-7... *Drool*)

RX-7s are nice....can be hard to work on though depending on your area...but I guess anything can happen online these days. Supras are sweet too, but you're not going to get one for $8k haha. Probably get a nice MR2 if you wanted....that would stretch your $8k though but its a nice USDM turbo car if you find one....plus you can do the JDM 3SGTE swap.

hah. come on now. this guy wants a nice car. i'm sure the last thing he's gonna be wanting to do is an engine swap. at 8k you can find LOTS of decent cars that are still reliable and save gas. if not you could put it as a downpayment on a scion of your choice. brand new. warranties. and you can make it how you want it. =) insurance is cheap as hell. 45 bucks a month on my 05 xb. and it saves gas!!

*sigh* whatever Omar....I was just dreaming again lol

Im sorry..... :huh:

haha nah but seriously I dunno. Go for somethin reliable like everyone's been saying. Can't go wrong with a civic...

integra, i love integras so much. My dad's friend has a first generation integra with 220,000 miles and no major work done. Runs just fine. With $8k i'd go with a gs or ls. That's just me though, if you want a civic, ge it.

don't listen to xyphox. he keeps getting in trouble with his integra.. because guess what.. it's an integra.. and does a magnet for bad people to do stuff to it.

i would get a car with warranty still on it for years and years. or maybe take the 8000 and then put it towards a large down payment and get a 14000 car.

i would get a car with warranty still on it for years and years. or maybe take the 8000 and then put it towards a large down payment and get a 14000 car.

that's exactly what i did! and it's freaking great! knowing if anything happens to it. that it will either get replaced or fixed at no charge.

as for working on the body, please dont rice it out, lol

yea..pretty much anything japanese or euro will last forever

It SHALL BE RICED! ADD THE SOY SAUSE TO THE GAS! DO IT NOW!!!

Anyways... Civic EX for me =D

As for ricing the body. Not enough soy in my veins at the moment. Just somthing nice for now if I have enough cash. (About 1K left or so... Most of that's going for gas. and Insurance... >.<)

My first ride was a Chevy Silverado. I loved that truck to death...I also drove it to death too.

A good choice would be along the lines of a Jeep Cherokee. You can find a pretty good one for about $4000 nowadays. You might also want to consider a Honda. Now I have a '01 CR-V and I love it. Great on gas, easy to pass on the highway when I need it to, great ride overall for me.

ive always wanted to pull up to a valet parking sevice like a nice hotel or something with one of those old disney cars that would chug along and make a song out of all the toots and whistles. and when i would stop and i'd get out, the tires would fall off and the radiator would explode.

my first car was and still is a 98 camry. damn i love this car, cept for the missalignment. i cant ghostride the whip properly with the damn thing :biggrin2:

do it like what dave said... and either pick among toyotas or hondas...

for myself, I got a Corolla CE the 2005-2006 model... it's pretty sweet since it runs about 30MPG on street and 38MPG on the freeway (It's not very fast though, but as long as it runs it's all good)... but civics are pretty sweet as well, I don't know the specs on them since I'm not really into cars...

but good luck on your first car...

Archived