Every year I look forward to this week devoted to one of my favorite creatures of all time. SHARKS!

shark-week-photo.jpg

sharkman1.jpg

Laser_Shark_by_McGibs.jpg

shark.gif

Anyone else watching

Btw, Facebook Chat has a shark emoticon! Just type (^^^) in the chat and it pops up! shark.gif

I been watching it everyday. In most places, seems like scientist try to humanize animals when we should realize that sharks are after all animals. The most interesting one i saw the other day was the uncle who dragged the shark and saved the arm of the little boy where both the boy and the arm survived.

I been watching it everyday. In most places, seems like scientist try to humanize animals when we should realize that sharks are after all animals. The most interesting one i saw the other day was the uncle who dragged the shark and saved the arm of the little boy where both the boy and the arm survived.

Yeah that story was wow. However, I did some Googling and a lot of e-mails and websites are saying it was a hoax or a lie.

Apparently, they were fishermen and they brought a shark ashore. So when kids came up to the shark, it started thrashing and got a hold of the little boy. That's when the shark took a bite of the kid and then the father took the arm back from the shark.

This story makes sense in my opinion, because of how the 911 call was placed. The guy was chill as if nothing happened and it wasn't convincing that he knew the extent of the injuries of the little boy before he even got out of the water.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the true story, as there are some species of smaller sharks (mostly carpet sharks) that can hop out of water for hours on end in order to reach a puddle formed by low tide.

However, it's still amazing that we possess the technology and know-how to attach a completely severed-off arm to a boy so young. Not to mention have it fully functioning.

xxzinnizxx (10:52:31 PM): what do you think would happen

xxzinnizxx (10:52:34 PM): if sharks can fish for us

xxzinnizxx (10:52:40 PM): like throw out a cheeseburger onto land

xxzinnizxx (10:52:42 PM): on a fishing line

"Photon (Ryan)" (10:52:45 PM): lol

xxzinnizxx (10:52:45 PM): from the ocean

"Photon (Ryan)" (10:52:54 PM): fish for irish men with beer on a string

"Alfff" (10:52:56 PM): i would die quickly.

So what would happen, if roles were switched?

xxzinnizxx (10:52:31 PM): what do you think would happen

xxzinnizxx (10:52:34 PM): if sharks can fish for us

xxzinnizxx (10:52:40 PM): like throw out a cheeseburger onto land

xxzinnizxx (10:52:42 PM): on a fishing line

"Photon (Ryan)" (10:52:45 PM): lol

xxzinnizxx (10:52:45 PM): from the ocean

"Photon (Ryan)" (10:52:54 PM): fish for irish men with beer on a string

"Alfff" (10:52:56 PM): i would die quickly.

So what would happen, if roles were switched?

Rocko's Modern Life already did it. ;P

Filbert: Ask me what time it is.

Archived