Unfortunately, unless way more people join this or it becomes more public knowledge; Valve isn't going to care. I gladly join the boycott ( I don't play LFD anyways) and I hope at the very least Valve sees that serious gamers won't stand for their shit.

So it's being boycotted because it'll decimate the communities, blah blah..promised content..blah blah.

5 more months for them to slip in anything they may not have mentioned.

I had a shit ton of fun playing this at rais with him and aodz. Maybe by that time i'll have a 360 and be playing the new one with them also.

I have it on PC and had a ton of fun playing by myself in a dark room. PC being luckier cause they get custom homebrew stuff like

SANTA

santa_boomer.png

VENOM

3_display.jpg

CLOWNS

3_display.jpg

HELLO KITTY

3_display.jpg

why boycott a company who released a million different versions of half life over the years NOW is beyond me. The damn game isn't even out yet.

If anything, it would hopefully make the rage quitters move to the new game and leave the original for those who really love the game. =D

Regardless, I don't think a boycott is going to harm this game being released on it's release date. If anything, you guys are fueling more hype which means more people will know about the game and therefore purchase it. Perhaps by making this boycott as public as it is now, you guys are being detrimental to your original point.

Either way, it's just a game. I'm not moved by either side. Then again, I'm not a huge gamer.

It is obvious people are still going to buy the game. The casual gamer represents the major portion of the market once it comes to sales. This group was formed by individuals who are concerned enough about getting their money's worth rather than being hoodwinked into buying an expansion packaged as a brand new game. The casual gamer doesn't care about that. They buy the games they think are fun or the games their friends are playing at the time. Valve has been extremely attentive to their fan base regarding TF (Team Fortress). Numerous additional content has been released for that title. The boycott may not put a significant enough dent in their overall sales but I am glad it shows that gamers aren't brainless and can rally together against something. I personally don't like the game at all but I dislike what is happening more at the moment.

This is you on Valve:

fuck-steam.gif

Get over it.

Left 4 Dead wasnt even that great of a game, unless you had 3 buddies with you and playing on the hardest difficulty.

This is you on Valve:

fuck-steam.gif

Get over it.

Left 4 Dead wasnt even that great of a game, unless you had 3 buddies with you and playing on the hardest difficulty.

Versus mode is where the fun is at....

but only if you're playing with people who know how to play..

But i think in a future update, there will be a better match making system where you get 4 friends, and you can find a game with another group of 4 people. So you can always find scrims...its the only way to get most out of the game..which is tons of fun ..but hard work ..haha

But i think in a future update, there will be a better match making system where you get 4 friends, and you can find a game with another group of 4 people. So you can always find scrims...its the only way to get most out of the game..which is tons of fun ..but hard work ..haha

very true getting organized scrims is great, cause unlike playing against searches you can't carry your team if you're playing against (even somewhat) organized infected. my cousin and his friends are really good at being survivors ._____." its amazing really.

• 1 month later...

i joined, only because they mentioned the idea of it being an expansion pack. there is absolutly no reason that a company like Valve, who runs Steam like they do, that can't give the current L4D players the updates they promised. if they want to do this by charging us 30 bucks for an expansion pack (much like how the Sims games worked), i'd support and buy that right away. however, buying another 50 dollar game, for only a few changes that should have been offered free/cheaper.

make it an expansion. that worked well for the Sims, Everquest, WoW, etc. Expansions work and people get excited over them.

EDIT: and if anyone wants to play L4D today, i'll be on pretty much till 5:00 central :)AriusAneid! hit me up!

VS mode pwns when u have the right teams not letting the other team go anywere a minute they leave the safe room LOL dam imma go get my game back i wanna do that again

off topic sorry lol

The first game game was a lot of fun. Playing one night with Cleric and Felix made me realize that in a true Zombie apocalypse, I will leave you in the corn field and run to the house and the barn on my own regardless of what we had planned.

That was a fun night. I will most likely buy the second one because I am a casual gamer. Except with Monster Hunter. I live in that world.

That was a fun night. I will most likely buy the second one because I am a casual gamer. Except with Monster Hunter. I live in that world.

i left that world behind. cuz all my friends stopped so i decided to stop too =X

as far as L4D2, im now realizing that im gonna buy it no matter what. not that i dont agree with the points these....uh. boy cotters made. i completely agree.

but what u gonna do if they arent gonna change it? ur gonna miss out.

if they do change it HOORAY. if they change it after i buy it, they better give me 100,000 microsoft points @__@

Archived