Forum structure

Change this to the Kraft Korner with subforums inside being Kandi (for kandy), Lighted Stuff (led sticks, etc), Apparel (clothing), and Misc (random stuff)?

Anyone have any other suggestions? We would like for people to contribute all kinds of DIY and kandy type stuff related to that entire scene, not necessarily just bracelets and necklaces, etc.

I like this idea a lot. We have quite a few members who cosplay, create their own rave clothing, and also the obvious LED sticks as you said. I feel a craft forum would have generally more activity rather than just a sole kandi forum.

I agree. I want a craft section for clothing, sewing, knitting, other stuff too not just kandi and beads. Maybe someone can show me how to make a suit made out of LED lights lol.

I agree. I want a craft section for clothing, sewing, knitting, other stuff too not just kandi and beads. Maybe someone can show me how to make a suit made out of LED lights lol.

agreed

Speaking as one of the cosplayers on the board, as well as a craft-y type person who does way too much sometimes.

Also, if this was anything craft related, maybe we can move some of the LED tutorials down here as well? It should get more traffic that way too.

I would like to see several things in this section.... as far as crafts that are wearable, I would like to have a sewing section with cosplay included.... i have never been part of cosplay but i saw some of katts stuff and it was amazing!! And i would love to see how to make led sticks or even learn how to use photo editing....

In said forum I would love to have a number of tutorials.... which (as far as kandi making goes for myself) I would like to host some stickam live tutorials as well..... And i am certain we could include other crafts in live tuts....

Cant wait to see where this is going to go!!!!!!!

I would like to see several things in this section.... as far as crafts that are wearable, I would like to have a sewing section with cosplay included.... i have never been part of cosplay but i saw some of katts stuff and it was amazing!! And i would love to see how to make led sticks or even learn how to use photo editing....

In said forum I would love to have a number of tutorials.... which (as far as kandi making goes for myself) I would like to host some stickam live tutorials as well..... And i am certain we could include other crafts in live tuts....

Cant wait to see where this is going to go!!!!!!!

I like the "live tutorials" because the viewers could ask questions while you are teaching them. Thus making the tutorial more effective

The problem with the live tutorials, IMO, is that for people who don't have cams, or a slow internet connection, they can't nessicerily ask the questions right when they need too. Also, one tut could take several hours.

Also, one tut could take several hours.

That could be solved the same way they do it on cooking shows. Have steps already prepared so you only have to show a tiny bit of it and then an example of what the end of the step should look like.

I still like the live tutorials idea because those who want 1 on 1 help can get it. Most people have fast enough internet connection these days... the days of stickam...woo.

Live tuts are VERY possible.... and those who don't have webcams can still benefit from the tuts that will be available in the forum....

And Photon I like your example about the cooking show.... it would definitely go much smoother with prepared examples..... good thinking.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived