Glasses are EVIL!

Anyone else found that glasses get in the way of freehand sometimes? I just did a bit of practice and I swear these frames are going to die at this rate. Maybe I just need to slow down a lot more but geez. I'd at least like to enjoy freehanding for the fun of it without busting a pair of glasses every time.

I wear glasses.

Was practicing w/my LED sticks

on evening cuz I was bored.

Damn hook ended up ripping my glasses of my face.

And almost broke 'em.

$400 glasses almost destroyed.

"damnitsunovabeyotchsh*tcrapf*cking hooks!!"

"OooWwwwWW!!"

That's WHY I HATE HOOKS on glowsticks!!

Why the fuck do glowsticks need hooks?

Just to piss me off??

I've never had problems with glasses as a freehander. Ever. I never hit my face...IMO if you're hitting them, you're doing something wrong.

As a stringer, they've protected my eyes from many a bruise, actually. And when I hit them, instead of cursing them out, I think-- that could've been my eye! and then I'm glad. :P

not much a freehander..YET!! but i dont think its much of a problem either.

and like lira said..

saved me from having a not-so-fun moment while i string. x__X

I've never had problems with glasses as a freehander. Ever. I never hit my face...IMO if you're hitting them, you're doing something wrong.

As a stringer, they've protected my eyes from many a bruise, actually. And when I hit them, instead of cursing them out, I think-- that could've been my eye! and then I'm glad. :P

lol so true

I've never exactly hooked or damaged my glasses before, but i've never worn them while freenahding as im short sighted, given the distance my arm can go from my head, the short-sightedness somewhat helps my hand-eye co-ordination.

However theres been far to many occasions that i've hooked my hair with the things and either had to pull the hair over my face to keep going, or haveing to stop and just kinda, yank it out... >.>

Agreed. o.o

I wear glasses.

Was practicing w/my LED sticks

on evening cuz I was bored.

Damn hook ended up ripping my glasses of my face.

And almost broke 'em.

$400 glasses almost destroyed.

"damnitsunovabeyotchsh*tcrapf*cking hooks!!"

"OooWwwwWW!!"

That's WHY I HATE HOOKS on glowsticks!!

Why the fuck do glowsticks need hooks?

Just to piss me off??

Psh....

*waves off*

Freehanders don't need hooks....>.>

We don't connect our glowsticks to anything..no strings, laces, nuffin.

There are glowsticks that don't have them. Have you seen them? I think I have a couple :)

Hooks are for those....stringer people.

lawl.

*loves the stringers*

Hooks are for those....stringer people.

lawl.

*loves the stringers*

Uhhhh...what? Definitely not.

As both a freehander and a stringer, I'd just like to say that hooks are essentially useless for both. And I always cut them off.

As both a freehander and a stringer, I'd just like to say that hooks are essentially useless for both. And I always cut them off.

Agreed.

As to the glasses questions-If you have to wear them the only way to get used to them is to practice. That way you get used to where your hands have to move in order to not catch them. I'm near-sighted so I dont have to wear mine for glowsticking. Just keep at it and give yourself time.

I can see how they would get in the way, but then again I can also see how some things can be done differently lol. If your sticking so fast that you hit your face with your sticks, like... wtf o_o... lol. I mean.. I've accidentally hit plenty of people while giving lightshows but never hard or enough to knock their glasses off.

You could always just cut off the hook...

In stringing, I've loved my glasses cuz they have protected me, but I have flung them over twenty feet. And since my glasses are broken, if I try spinning while freehanding, they go flying off like a frizbee.

Wait....you CUT OFF the hooks?!

So you just string them through the little hole right?

I think I just had a mini mind explosion from confusing myself x.x

Yeah, hooks get cut off my sticks all the time, improves balance and the like.

For my style I try to not even wear a watch, I could see shades getting seriously in the way if you do very tight traces or neck shadow-tracing. But then again, I am weird so meh.

If you're hitting your glasses you're doing something wrong.

Hooks should always be cut off of your sticks. There's no reason to leave them on, as a freehander or stringer.

For my style I try to not even wear a watch, I could see shades getting seriously in the way if you do very tight traces or neck shadow-tracing. But then again, I am weird so meh.

I cant stand wearing my watch. It has snaps on it and they always catch my strings. I sometimes use cheapo shades when I'm trying to get down transitions dealing with neck wraps.

no way man, sunglasses are the best for giving lightshows

i have these PERFECT sunglasses, whose lenses reflect almost as good as mirrored lenses, and hardly dim light at all. so when i give lightshows, you can see the lights reflecting from my eyes too. i get told how cool it looks all the time. i thought about getting the mirrored aviators, but they block out too much light. anyways, i think they've only gotten in my way once or twice, and thats nothing. i'd rather have the awesome glasses and have them get in the way a little, then not have them and look so......normal.

NEVER HOOKS FOR FREE HANDING! I just bite mine off! =)

Archived