threading wormholes!

okay so... open thread hole

Approach with stick...

as stick enters thread... VANISH!!!

then close hole,

open hole elsewhere

WALLAH!!!!

very nice idea. Having it move from places like around the neck and then appearing around the other side of your body near the hip or something would look very nice.

I would also like to post Misty's idea about mobius strip tosses and mobius strip traces.

She also suggested polyrythym mobius strip tosses; two rotations on the toss up, and one rotation on the fall down.

ideas?

So Thread and use a the summoning grip to hide it, then bring it out again through another thread...

Sparrow could you expand and explain a bit more on the mobius strip stuff? I have an idea of what it would be like but I'm very confused at how you could toss and trace like that.

this is a very interesting idea =D

im gonna start workin on it.

maybe throw in a heli toss into and out of the thread. kinda like a toss into a thread then vanish the toss out of the thread at a diffrent place.... hrmmm

-runs off with stix-

Ok, I kinda understand Ginseng, for once. But.. Aaronn, what in the screaming hell is a mobius strip thingy? Ive never heard of that before. Lol

oooh i likes....

i tried in the past to have a catch as a tread transition.

ex. open the "hole" have a tossed stick go through it and then have the free arm go into the "hole" and catch the stick. sadly i found that i was too slow to do all this...

...doesn't mean i wont get it

:)

i like the idea coming from this thread

Idea for making the stick vanish: Hold the capped end loosely in the fingers. As you begin to pass the stick, tip first, through the arm loop, catch the tip on part of your clothing and use it as an anchor to rotate the stick so that it folds up into your palm.

To make it reappear later, hook your ring/pinky fingers under the stick and gently flick your fingers out to spin the stick back into its original grip as you pass it through the wormhole "exit". You need to keep just enough grip on the stick so that it can spin easily in your fingers without flying away. May be harder than it sounds at full speed.

It won't be a perfect disappearance because the glow will still come off the palm side of your hand, but you could even use that to give the illusion that it's passing through some kind of "subspace" maybe before you "reproduce" it on the other side.

You could also work out some kind of "transfer" move where you do both the actions above in each hand at the same time so that the hidden and visible sticks appear to change places. Baggy clothing could help obscure your movements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

me and adub were sitting around at the sd meet thinking of new shit

and he shows me exactly what you just described

we call it Portals

now make sure you do some of that finger iso stuff right before you hide it to simulate a vortex... money.

I've been doing this move more often lately. It looks fucking badass when you do it correctly and clean.

now make sure you do some of that finger iso stuff right before you hide it to simulate a vortex... money.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

that is actually an awesome idea

money indeed

• 2 weeks later...

lol ummmm..... random??????

but im glad this got a bump :)

ive been experimenting a lil with this. i try to start the thread with a stationary stick and come out of it in an Iso variation and visa versa

Sure d0nut. Vid incoming in a few minutes. Gotta throw it on youtube real quick.

[edit] Done! It's rough but you get the idea. :)

I like this idea, ill start playing around with it =D

my latest Idea, has been threading with handstalls..

dont ask...its not fun =x

hahahaha

Yea nice vid tritan the way I do it though is a little differently. I hold it in the normal grib and when I put it threw the thread I let the tip of the glowstick hit my bicep and just kind of fold it into summoning grip.

Archived