Twilight

Danika

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a girl.

I have read the Twilight series. I have seen the movie.

Book:

Pros:

~intimate moments = -drool-

~Very original [imo] plot/myth combo throughout the series. Her ideas were very interesting.

Cons:

~Writing was not spectacular. She is, after all an amateur writer. You have to start somewhere and she hit the gold mine.

~Her ideas of vampires and werewolves or shape-shifters veered from what others believe. Listed as a con because I heard some people were angry about how "vampires arent like that!", etc.

~It was a teen love story. ugh.

Movie:

Cons:

~Acting for the most part sucked.

~Casting sucked. Robert Pattinson [[Edward]] is probably the least attractive man I have ever seen. Barry Manilow would have been better. Bella sounds like a man. I could go on.

~Way cheesier than the book.

~A lot of plot from the book was cut out. How low was their budget, anyways?

Pros:

~Hotties. Taylor Lautner [[Jacob]] was extremely hot, even with his long hair. A great actor too. Amazing smile <33 I also found other attractive beings as I tried to avert my eyes from Edwards hideousness.

~Make out Scene. The first one. When he pounces on her. Yum.

Basically, the book was excusable and it was definetely interesting. The movie was almost as terrible as the way they murdered Blood and Chocolate.

Book:

Cons:

~Writing was not spectacular. She is, after all an amateur writer. You have to start somewhere and she hit the gold mine.

~Her ideas of vampires and werewolves or shape-shifters veered from what others believe. Listed as a con because I heard some people were angry about how "vampires arent like that!", etc.

~It was a teen love story. ugh.

Movie:

Cons:

~Acting for the most part sucked.

~Casting sucked. Robert Pattinson [[Edward]] is probably the least attractive man I have ever seen. Barry Manilow would have been better. Bella sounds like a man. I could go on.

~Way cheesier than the book.

~A lot of plot from the book was cut out. How low was their budget, anyways?

Pros:

~Hotties. Taylor Lautner [[Jacob]] was extremely hot, even with his long hair. A great actor too. Amazing smile <33 I also found other attractive beings as I tried to avert my eyes from Edwards hideousness.

~Make out Scene. The first one. When he pounces on her. Yum.

Basically, the book was excusable and it was definetely interesting. The movie was almost as terrible as the way they murdered Blood and Chocolate.

I bolded and upped the size on points I agreed on =D

Yes it was a cheesy movie, but it was watchable, my little sister absolutely LOVED IT! She took me and my dad to see it in Colorado.

It made me laugh probably more than it was supposed too. But I dunno, it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. Film wise it was pretty decent.

Plus the last Vampire movie I saw was the one I made in highschool. I think mine was more scary.

:)

I gotta catch up on my vampire movies.

-RG

• 3 months later...

mmmmm well i actually got quite bored of twilight and brought it back to the library (this was after i had it for 2 months hahahaha). Although i did see the movie in italian then in english before i "tried" reading the book. i found the movie quite...boring, EXTREMELY overdone, disjointed in some parts, but more than anything it was a hugh let down from all the hype it was getting (from everyone!). lucky i hadn't gone to the cinemas but uni movies to watch it! only paid $3.50 for it! :biggrin2: personally i didn't think it was worth my money.. but some parts were a great laugh!..okay more than some parts XD gosh i even found Speed Racer to be better than this movie than though the movie was a hugh letdown!

but then again everyone to their own opinion! ^^

ah! i just realised what this reminds me of! Buffy and Angel! Twilight feels like a rip-off version of that!

My sister described it as "When my friends and I stepped into the movie, there was basically a room full of screaming fangirls, a few couples in which the guys seemed as if their girlfriends forced them to go, and like 3 or 4 guys who looked as if they didn't know into what they'd gotten themselves in" That said... I really changed my mind, didn't want to see it anymore, since I was probably gonna be one of those dudes that didn't know what I had gotten myself into.

Disclaimer: my opinions. Don't mean to push it on anyone else.

I could go on a long and angry diatribe about these books. My friends at school have listened to me rant and rave about how awful these books are when it comes to promoting obsessive love (mutual, for that matter. Edward freaking stalks her for HOW LONG?), the complete twist of the qualities of the mythological creatures (I'm sorry, BUT VAMPIRES DO NOT SPARKLE. I DON'T CARE HOW CREATIVE IT IS: VAMPIRES DO NOT SPARKLE) and just the fact that it's the woman's sex dream turned into popular fiction.. I don't get it. I really don't.

Best moment is when my English Major friend took a RED PEN to it. Seriously. She couldn't get through the first two pages without throwing the book across the room. I facepalmed myself several times while reading the books (and the only reason I read them was because it has a snow ball effect) because of how ... STUPID everything is. I actually wanted to gouge bits of my brain out while I read those books.

So that now you guys know my opinion of said series, you can see why I refuse to watch the movie.

That being said, my macho, manly man of a coworker watched it the past weekend and went "I don't get the hype."

girls, please dont try to get your boyfriend to read this... >.>

something funny i found last night on fmylife.com

"Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire. FML"

girls, please dont try to get your boyfriend to read this... >.>

something funny i found last night on fmylife.com

"Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire. FML"

lol I saw that fml a while ago.

its so stupid lol. young girls are -_-

This series is amazing...as a book. I haven't seen the movie and I really don't plan on it.

A lot of my friends think that it is just a fad, they won't give it a chance to realize how much they would like it

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
ever noticed that movies based off good books are always crap

remember i called a fail on it before you all say it

All i have to say is , most of your statement is true..

except

Fight Club was an amazing book and the movie was just as good.

i hate twilight... bleeehh

• 4 months later...

my wife loved the twilight series, now she's on the percy jackson books.....i think she is more into something that is in a "series", i think she likes the fact that when one book is done, there are more books to go....the story doesn't just end....mehh

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but this is a letter to the creators of the remake Wolfman

To whom this may concern:

This movie was a complete waste and I feel that it offends ALL Twilight Fans around the world, that including myself. For one, it was a COMPLETE remaking of the Wolf Pack from the Twilight Saga: New Moon. It gives the werewolves a bad name and makes them look like some deformed mutation of a rabid dog. I actually started to like werewolves after seeing Jacob Black and all his awesomeness on the big screen at the movies. That was until I saw your crappy remake of what you call to be a "were wolf". I don't see how you live with yourself for making it the way you did. If I made this movie, I would be ashamed to even admit that I owned it. How can a werewolf be killed with a silver bullet? Better yet, have you saw the transformation of the man that is "supposed" to be the wolf? He sits in some chair and his entire body turns in to some mutated freak. If you would watch the transformation of Jacob Black, (Taylor Lautner) he doesn't come close to looking as fake, cheap and or mutated as the wolf man. You tell me, who looks to be the better werewolf. Your stupid Wolf Movie didn't even make the top Movie for the charts; Valentines Day WITH TAYLOR Lautner! Get that this is MY oppinion and I felt I wanted to express it because I saw that your email was on your site. I wanted to let you know this is what i thought of the wolf man that sucks.

FREAKIN LAUTNER DID!

The Poser of who could never be even if they tried : " Aka : Rabid poser Werewolf "The Wolf Man"

hilarious.jpg

Archived