I <3 Twin turbos.

I just picked up a Twin Turbo Z finally. After owning 2 na's its finally that I get the faster one. I just got it and I'm already <3in it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/snopat88/Rando...852350755686482

yea yea yea...its a boat...its fat...its w/e

it isn't that HEAVY as people emphasize it as.

I just picked up a Twin Turbo Z finally. After owning 2 na's its finally that I get the faster one. I just got it and I'm already <3in it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/snopat88/Rando...852350755686482

yea yea yea...its a boat...its fat...its w/e

it isn't that HEAVY as people emphasize it as.

Looks nice dude, It's not often that I see one in good condition, theyre usually beat up... nice find!

Yea, I can no longer comfortably drive vehicles without boost anymore....I've owned the Typhoon for about a year running 20psi... when I drive my parents' cars they feel like they're crawling lol.... Your car is close to the weight of my truck (3,800lbs) as opposed to your 3,600lbs, not that heavy actually....about the same as a Firebird... it'l help you out a bit with traction... what's the drivetrain on that anyway? Rear, Front or All wheel drive? Thinking about running it at the track?

I like the idea of a variabe geometry turbo (garrett VNT) unfortunately, in reality, there's just more moving parts to "go wrong" ...I'd rather have something a bit more reliable... if you tune your vehicle perfectly enough, you won't even need VNT... Personally I tune with a Moates Ostrich...(google it) ...allows me to change my AFR on the fly, and all the rest of what the computer controls for that matter... takes off the governors too... :)

werd....

it all depends on how much money or time you are willing to spend on the car LOL. I do EVERYTHING myself so i don't have to worry too much about costs, but its a heavy trade off in time, being heavily complicated and lots can go wrong of course. Luckly understanding cars comes easily to me ;D

This is a RWD of course, and of course I'm gonna track it LOL. I forgot to answer your question earlier.

They have something like the Moates Ostrich for my car called Nistune. As far as i know, ostrich doesnt have anything for Nissans. I dont plan on Tuning it just yet, I want to simplify the engine bay of all my vaccum maze and then fix what I must, making it reliable. I Have owned wayy to many cars to rush this one to a crash.

Ill stick to my internally wastegated turbos.

Nice car.

I knew this kid who had the Twin Turbo FairLady Z (I can't tell if that's what you have from the picture). It was pushin' over 400hp. It was real sweet... until he decided to drive it out in the snow. Yeah, he doesn't have that car anymore

Nice car.

I knew this kid who had the Twin Turbo FairLady Z (I can't tell if that's what you have from the picture). It was pushin' over 400hp. It was real sweet... until he decided to drive it out in the snow. Yeah, he doesn't have that car anymore

lol, bad choice made. yea its a ttz. pretty fun, but basically stock.

• 4 weeks later...

In the Western world they're called the 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 300ZX (The X was supposed to denote leXury... apparently) and the 350Z.

In Japan they're called the Fairlady Zs. Whoever was doing regional representative realized that during the 70s the muscle car was in, and that naming a car a Fairlady... wouldn't go over too well with guys that like cars with names like "Charger", "Mustang", and "Trans-AM".

So they changed it to represent the displacement each car had in their engines, the 240Z has 2.4 Liter turbo charged engine. Making it a "240Z".

The only turbo charged Z was the 240 and the 300ZX... and any TWIN TURBOES would HAVE to be on the 300ZX.

I like twin turboes too... however in recent years unless you want insane power (V8s... V10s... V12s...) a single turbo with efficient ball bearings is enough.

Back then Twin turboes were popular cause turbolag was insanely common and hard to overcome. So sequential turboes were put into use to reduce turbolag... 1st turbo would kick in low to compensate the lag of the second, bigger turbo.

However:

nice car man nice to see another Nissan brethern on the boards :D.

Buddy of mine had a similar car, upgraded the turbos to T28s I believe? Or... bigger. I don't remember. However he sold it recently... don't even like imports as much. More about European flairs and American luxury.

• 5 months later...

I always liked 300ZX's (Z32 I believe it was also titled in Japan after the Fairlady part)

Tried to get one a while back but couldn't find one in decent condition.

Good luck with though, there's a lot of technology packed into that car and I've heard some storied of it going wrong.

• 6 months later...
In the Western world they're called the 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 300ZX (The X was supposed to denote leXury... apparently) and the 350Z.

In Japan they're called the Fairlady Zs. Whoever was doing regional representative realized that during the 70s the muscle car was in, and that naming a car a Fairlady... wouldn't go over too well with guys that like cars with names like "Charger", "Mustang", and "Trans-AM".

So they changed it to represent the displacement each car had in their engines, the 240Z has 2.4 Liter turbo charged engine. Making it a "240Z".

The only turbo charged Z was the 240 and the 300ZX... and any TWIN TURBOES would HAVE to be on the 300ZX.

I like twin turboes too... however in recent years unless you want insane power (V8s... V10s... V12s...) a single turbo with efficient ball bearings is enough.

Back then Twin turboes were popular cause turbolag was insanely common and hard to overcome. So sequential turboes were put into use to reduce turbolag... 1st turbo would kick in low to compensate the lag of the second, bigger turbo.

However:

nice car man nice to see another Nissan brethern on the boards :D.

Buddy of mine had a similar car, upgraded the turbos to T28s I believe? Or... bigger. I don't remember. However he sold it recently... don't even like imports as much. More about European flairs and American luxury.

good write up....nismo guy here as well....I own an 07 g35 coupe twin turd-blow.....I love the car, the car before this was an 04 srt-4 built to the nines....nothing like RWD.....I would love to have a gt-r one day.....for now, my lil skyline will do

Archived