Flowtoys in freehand...

So, just woundering if anyone else here uses flowtoys for freehanding.. Had mine since I stated, friend convinced me to buy them before I even knew how to fig 8, and really like them better then chem sticks. Only thing I've noticed that is diffrent with them in tosses as they are slightly off balance.. but meh..

it's a little too big and bulky.. it's really heavy and crap for wrap combos in glowstringing.. i can just imagine flowtoys really huge for tracing or tosses.. mhmm... but that's just me

it's a little too big and bulky.. it's really heavy and crap for wrap combos in glowstringing.. i can just imagine flowtoys really huge for tracing or tosses.. mhmm... but that's just me

Umm.. they're the same size as sticks without the things to tie the strings too - meaning there really smaller then sticks.. heavier sure.. but not really bulky or huge..

Yeah i have free handed with those glow balls. The wand looking thing with the spinner on top inside a plastic ball. It gives different illusions IMO.

For me good ole' chem sticks are the way.

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got some for my birthday... I liked that they had strobe fx type settings and seemed easy to go between different settings.... I'm not allowed to open them till th 9th so I will report back then. I'm really exicited! : :inlove:

I tried them out at a party one time. They just don't feel right for freehanding, and they toss funny, but they're still usable. They just don't look that great. As ANDR3W said, they don't give that good glow trace. And there's nothing that can compare to a chemical stick.

I don't like them mostly because they're insanely expensive, if I remember right.

Ehh.. $40 a pair isnt that bad.. course this is coming from a guy with no bills at all... but I mean if you use them for more then a few months, they will pay them selfs off from the money saved buying sticks. Assuming that you use rechargeable as they drain a battery in about 7~8 hours..

wow $40... lol, too rich for my blood... :P

I would just stick to dead sticks...

but yeah, I do believe flow toys were created for poi

plus the shape of it seems to be more like a snake shape (I seriously thought it was a dil..you get the point) than smooth...

wow $40... lol, too rich for my blood... :P

I would just stick to dead sticks...

but yeah, I do believe flow toys were created for poi

plus the shape of it seems to be more like a snake shape (I seriously thought it was a dil..you get the point) than smooth...

40 bucks isn't bad but for freehanding it's not a good investment.

A friend of mine got a set of these for stringing, but let me borrow them for a little while. I gotta say, I loved 'em. I didnt really attempt many tosses with them, but I wasnt really figuring they'd be good for tosses anyway. Tracing and threading with these things was FUN! The different modes add a nice a very nice touch to a smooth trace or thread. Not for everybody I suppose and a little pricey, but I've wanted a pair ever since.

Archived