I have a problem.

I can see where you're coming from but its just not safe. Maybe take up drag racing as a hobby but don't do that on the road.

Because the insurance cost is way more than a ticket. You might pay 300 for a ticket but you might pay ten fold if you can't erase the points off your record for a while. I save myself lots by driving 70 instead of 90 mph. That, and what if someone got hurt. :wallbash:

i should be saying dont drive fast, but i always get up late for work, so i drive pretty fast and agressive, since i learned how to drive in my country (everybody is an asshole there) and with my backgroung of a racer i cant give you any advice, except that when i dont have anything to do, i just put my ipod and jam all the way, i slow down so i can enjoy more music time!!

good luck with that, i hope your not the crazy type tho, i hate the fuckers that'll actually throw their cars at you, stupid mofos, i fuck around with their minds now and then so they can learn their lesson!!

Yeah I just usually drive 20-30 over and today I was weaving between people and pissed some guy off and felt bad because it was the first time I've intentionally done what I'd consider actually cutting someone off. (did it once accidentally b/c some lady was riding in my blind spot and didn't speed up/slow down even tho I had my signal on).

I know it's illegal and probably dangerous, but I can't get myself to stop, because it's fun in a strange way <_<

I've had my car since august of 2007 (9 months) and have gotten 10 tickets. Thats a ticket a month. I have probably spent about $1000 (AT LEAST) when I didn't have it but luckily I got by. Don't drive dumb. Drive normal and think for yourself.

My buddy has your speeding issue,

a few months ago he got a gps system for his car,

and it records your top speed.

for the first couple months he tried to up his top speed every day,

when it finally got up to about 160 i told him he seriously needed to stop.

when you're speeding that much your car probably isnt getting as good of gas mileage as it would going the speed limit.

alot of states dont have the points system,

but if you get a set number of speeding tickets within a fairly long time span,

your license gets revoked.

I'd rather drive safe than not drive at all.

Reasons not to speed:

Those dips are deeper than they appear.

Some a**hole will be hauling after you and probally wreck because they will be paying more attention to catching up to you than on the road aswell.

DEPENDING ON VEHICLE: You accelerate faster than you brake. What about that stop sign you didnt see until 50 feet away from it?

Gas economy drops significantly after 55MPH unless you drive a Prius, then please speed!

Fixes for this:

Get a string and tie it around the gas pedal and something under your dash to where you can only accelerate at 1/4 throttle. Itll tame your foot to not speed and can easily brake off if you need gas for avoiding a accident. Also itll save you gas.

Well let's see. It kills your car for one... To always be accelerating and braking hard, what you would call driving aggressively. If you plan on keeping your car for a while and continue driving in such a way, expect car troubles in the future. It also wastes a shitload of gas. With how much gas costs nowadays I don't even know how you afford to drive fast all the time. You'd be amazed at how much more gas mileage you get out of a tank when you drive slower. Go ahead, reset the mileage and see. Driving slower saves money!

From my experience... I used to drive 100 mph all the time. I loved the feeling of passing people at flying speeds and weaving in and out of traffic. That's how I got a gazillion tickets and my license revoked for doing 100 in a 35. I ended up paying over $1500 to my lawyer and fines and court costs. Not to mention I was going to fast around a curve and lost control of my car. Smashed in the passenger side on the end of the guard rail. Scared the fuck outta me when I was spinning. If it would have smashed in my side I would most likely be in Purgatory right now... My poor beautiful car. It was nothing super fancy. a 97 Honda Prelude si. but I had put sooo much work into that car. Shaved the door handles, installed a keyless entry system (doors pop open by remote), an alarm system, black and red altezza tail lights, 2 12 inch kickers, only a few weeks before I totaled it, I fixed every tiny dent and ding and painted the entire car black.... *sigh* all gone to waste because I drove like a maniac....

So yeah, that's why you shouldn't drive fast. :)

Some dumbass had jumped on my hood while I was driving it. Hence all the bondo on it.

000_0073.jpg

See? No door handles... :)

100_1288.jpg

The finished product. I had ordered some black rims with a chrome lip but wrecked it before I had put them on... :(

100_1287.jpg

Some dumbass had jumped on my hood while I was driving it. Hence all the bondo on it.

000_0073.jpg

holyshit you work on cars 2, is there anything you dont know how to do?

good job on this!!, im in the project of doing the same with my civic!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nathan, one of my boys just crashed ugly, story to be learned from, he was driving pretty fast passing everybody, zig zag, zig zag, well it seems that one of the guys ahead of him changed lanes without signaling and pretty fast 2, my boy stomped the brake but to fast for the car not to slide, not even with downshift was he able to stop the car that fast, so to avoid the direct hit he turn the wheel just to sidehit him and had a worst impact from the side!!!

he's allright but car totaled, so i would say play some music that calm your anxiety to drive fast, think about gas, accidents, and tickets to make you realize that shit happens very quick and unexpected!!

4 u to remember just try putting stickers with cool messages in your car where you can spot them, thatll let you know not to be a dumbass like my boy, easy target and me!!

Go ahead, reset the mileage and see.

Cant. Odometer is broken. It's been at 89,604 for the last 9 months. :lol: Since the regular odometer is broken, the trip odometer doesn't work either. Then again I think it was the trip odometer getting jammed, that fucked up the regular odometer. <_<

thatll let you know not to be a dumbass like my boy, easy target and me!!

lol thanks barca. I'll remember that the next time I'm tailgating an SUV with less than 6 inches between us like a couple weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supraGlowString

Thats a shame RXtasy7, im sorry to hear that, those can look really sick if

you know what to do to them, one of my friends has a

pretty sick blue one.

Alright, back to to point.

Dude try to tame yourself fast driveing leads to bad things

like a ticket or a car axedent. I know how good it feels

when you push it, im a bit pedel happy myself. But i control myslef.

My sister just got into a car axedent 3 days agao, she was drive to fast and couldent stop

to she hit the car infront of her. She was ok but the car wasnt.

Needed new front bumper radiator front stopper 2 front head lights etc...

Its gonna cost over 5 grand. NOT COOL :thumbsdown: .

Archived