Inovastick v.2: Tutorial

The link is from the elmer's glue website. I wonder if this stuff is any good

You can't have any of that glue! Its Elmer's Glue!

ZING!

anyway from what I've experienced it does try pretty clear.

I lost my inova stix but I found them this morning :D

I'ma string like a madman after work today!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering, are these any good for string manips? Like...if it will be somehow bothersome to do manips with that on the stick...

Just wondering, are these any good for string manips? Like...if it will be somehow bothersome to do manips with that on the stick...

Only problem I ever ran into was getting out of bowties.. the "releasing" them part when your ending the manip and you push the sticks inward to unwrap the string... the string wrapped around the stick sometimes may get stuck.

• 1 month later...

I use hot glue for my LED glowsticks

gotglow039.jpg

The hot glue, when it dries, reacts to my UV LEDs :D

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't tried it yet, but I have this candle that uses really clear gelatin instead of wax.

You could probably just melt it and then pour it through the cuts for the Inova until it's the right weight.

When it's cool it won't move or melt. Unless, of course, you put it near an open flame. And light goes through it very easily.

• 1 month later...

I really wanna try making em, can anyone tell me a good place to buy the INOVAs for cheap?

EDIT: I found em for cheap and i made two blues and two greens..... they are amazing great tutorial thanks so much

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished making my first set of Inovasticks about an hour ago.

They're red. XD

The process was very well explained. (Thanks Brian)

All I have left to do is add mojo (which I found out I definitely need)

For mojo, I plan to use hot glue.

Some advice to anyone who reads this and has yet to make some:

Make sure to use dishwasher gloves or something even though you might look ridiculous.

Believe me, it helps. I did it with bare hands and it looked like my hands were going to permanently be pruny.

Also, the skin was falling off as a result of the used chemicals in the sticks.

Another thing is your choice of cutting utensil.

I, in my first attempt, used an X-Acto knife and the blade nearly broke.

After that disaster, I discovered that a utility knife is very sturdy and can make the cuts quite well.

Thirdly, the slits Melvenorc12 talks about were a bit confusing to me, so I went my own way about it.

Using the utility knife, I basically whittled down the plastic of the glowstick to make it thinner and thus, easier to turn on the Inova.

Be very careful doing this, though. (I nearly lost half a fingertip with this!)

And a final piece of advice.

My Inova flew out after doing a series of bicep wraps, so I taped around the light with clear tape in order to keep it secure.

Hope this helps with Inova modding.

I'm LordHappyPantsXIII and I approve this slightly long paragraph of advice.

• 1 month later...

Imma try to post my question here first since it is this type of stick question. I will see if it gets answered here, and if not I will make it it's own topic. I have been rocking the Inovasticks for quite some time. In fact they are my first choice when it comes to spinning. A problem I have with the Invoa lights is that they tend to turn themselves off if they smack together during a session. Now grated they tend to do this more often when they lithium batteries are starting to get low on their juice, they still do it to an annoying existent even with fresh batteries in them.

Is this specific to the Inova brand light or do all they different lights do the same thing? Is there a brand of photon light that is out there that does not tend to shut down on impact? That would be great if there is. It would be even better if there is a brand that does not shut down when smacked together and that did not have the automatic shut off after 5 minutes. Anyone know of a brand that has these qualities?

Thanks,

Jay

• 3 months later...

Imma try to post my question here first since it is this type of stick question. I will see if it gets answered here, and if not I will make it it's own topic. I have been rocking the Inovasticks for quite some time. In fact they are my first choice when it comes to spinning. A problem I have with the Invoa lights is that they tend to turn themselves off if they smack together during a session. Now grated they tend to do this more often when they lithium batteries are starting to get low on their juice, they still do it to an annoying existent even with fresh batteries in them.

Is this specific to the Inova brand light or do all they different lights do the same thing? Is there a brand of photon light that is out there that does not tend to shut down on impact? That would be great if there is. It would be even better if there is a brand that does not shut down when smacked together and that did not have the automatic shut off after 5 minutes. Anyone know of a brand that has these qualities?

Thanks,

Jay

Hey Jay,

that was the biggest problem I had with my Inova handles (before the got taken away by security at EDC hurrrr :/ ...)

I don't think Photons have this problem though. The only problem with the photons I have is that the on/off switch is at a place where it may be hidden due to the plastic on the glowstick. There are ways around this though, I know user: Photon made a pair that was slightly modded to make room for the on/off switch. Check out the Photon 2's, or the Photon Freedoms. They also do not shut off after 5 minutes :D

I'd say it is definitely worth a shot though!

well after trying this the result is 2 small razor cuts and 1 MAJOR cut on my finger which im sure i need stitched up. ahhh the things i do for glowsticking :/

seriously?? yikes, careful man.

• 4 months later...

i cant speak for inovas cuz tehy dont have them in canada, but generally green or white are the brightest leds as for uv ones i unno i dont think they would work out 2 well but try it on one stick and see what happens lol

i cant speak for inovas cuz tehy dont have them in canada, but generally green or white are the brightest leds as for uv ones i unno i dont think they would work out 2 well but try it on one stick and see what happens lol

Yeah i figured, ive tried looking and never seemed to find any. thats why i'm ordering them online. I'll just go with some white ones since theyre cheaper

• 2 weeks later...

You can find 5 different brands on emazinglights (I posted a few discount codes in the stickied thread and another thread here about discount codes).

I'm planning on getting some, I was wondering if anyone else has used the multicolor ones? do they do anything as microlight sticks or should i just go with a full/simple color?

P.S. I've heard good things about photons...

• 4 weeks later...

I finally made mine a little over a week ago, since there was the Canada Post strike:( But I'm totally loving my inovas right now. Might make another pair, just don't know what colour to get. Might finally go with the UV inovas:D

Sucks though if I hit them too hard together I get that turning off problem. Ohh well. Still great

I finally made mine a little over a week ago, since there was the Canada Post strike:( But I'm totally loving my inovas right now. Might make another pair, just don't know what colour to get. Might finally go with the UV inovas:D

Sucks though if I hit them too hard together I get that turning off problem. Ohh well. Still great

Fakesh0t uses uv leds in his sticks and they look cool ( basically the look like purple leds)

Anybody have any luck using Hot Glue as your mojo? albeit itll be solid but i dont know where to get wonder water now

if ur just looking to balance the stickand ur cutting part of the hot glue to fill the tube it should work although depening could d / what i was going to do ( until i ordered led sticks) is use a 2nd pair of inovas in the bottom so 2 inovas per 1 stick, you'll get cool color combos and it should make it havier .. obviously there will be draw backs but worth a try

So i got my UV lights in today and i absolutely love them! they make the stick glow blue, with a hint of purple near the light<3 it looks pretty rad.

I dont know how though but even my UV lights have one brighter than the other-_- my chem sticks, and my white inovas. this is just terrible. oh well, i'll live

So i got my UV lights in today and i absolutely love them! they make the stick glow blue, with a hint of purple near the light<3 it looks pretty rad.

I dont know how though but even my UV lights have one brighter than the other-_- my chem sticks, and my white inovas. this is just terrible. oh well, i'll live

sound like it maybe could be a battery issue. Try switching them out :)

First thing that comes to mind, maybe the empty casings you used? I've had the same blue Inovas, but in different colored glowstick casings. Both obviously clear casings, but the color of the actual glowstick will affect it. Like if you made one case from a blue glowstick, and another one from a green glowstick. The color will stain the casing on the inside, which will definitely make a noticeable difference in light output. Try using two old sticks of the same color, or recently cracked sticks as to not allow any staining. :)

If that's not it, then check the batteries. I assumed the casing issue since you said it's with every light, in the casing? Anyways, hope that helps.

First thing that comes to mind, maybe the empty casings you used? I've had the same blue Inovas, but in different colored glowstick casings. Both obviously clear casings, but the color of the actual glowstick will affect it. Like if you made one case from a blue glowstick, and another one from a green glowstick. The color will stain the casing on the inside, which will definitely make a noticeable difference in light output. Try using two old sticks of the same color, or recently cracked sticks as to not allow any staining. :)

If that's not it, then check the batteries. I assumed the casing issue since you said it's with every light, in the casing? Anyways, hope that helps.

Oh i know the difference if it were a casing issue. i've tested both my sets of invoas in a brightness test and they both show the same thing. one is more bright and vivid. Which has also been happening with my chem sticks(one is a tad brighter and lasts a bit longer) most likely a battery issue, so ill swapsky a few. With the chem sticks, i know it has to do with the making of the sticks, like the sizes of the internal glass vials are different so i figured that mystery out. I'm just pretty uncluckyXD

• 5 weeks later...

This is a great guide! awesum tutorial with nice guiding picture! Helped me alot for sure!

Wasnt sure how to prevent the stick from getting stained at first but i figured out that if your fast enough, normal soap makes it as good as new again! sm_sleep.gif

Thanks a lot! once again great job!

im still waiting for my Inova's to be delivered from the US.. since i live in europe and checked everystore with no luck!

luckily though got two Blue Inovas for under 20$!

Great job! thumbup.gif

Archived