Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rom30_six

Help with Link Oribtals

14 posts in this topic

Ok, i know you link the strings then throw them in either clock wise or counter direction...

but they just untangle everytime!! and when i throw the opposite way, they only spin like once .

The guys in the videos do it for like 1000 times

what am i doing wrong?!?!

keep working at them...

it depends on how you linked the strings.... I'm too tired to bother w/ it this at the time... I'll get back to you later on...

So why not actually wait till you can be more helpful?

Anywho, I tried out making a tutorial on this as in depth as I could, click here . Basically there is a science to it, knowing how you're linked and which way you should throw to comply with the link. It may get a little in depth to explain and more than likely downright confusing, so hopefully the video wll help more. if it get's problematic to watch with youtube, PM me and I can send you the original file. hope it helps.

I mentioned a tutorial in another section about the link orbitals before. I have it uploaded... btw... this vid does not use thumbspilitting.

THX GUYS FOR TRYING

But that link orbital video i do exactly the same as him, but mine flops

do you pull on them? both strings? one side ?

pull both strings... it'll be kinda like doing an airwrap orbital pull...

I watched stinkowicz's vid. and did exactly what he did and failed like 100 times. Just keep doing it and something will click. Alot of glowstringing is just failing untill you finally figure it out. GL

Dunno if this'll help, but this is what I experience.

Thumbsplit into the the link for your orbital(I'm not saying you have to thumbsplit but it's for a reason)Now, if the stick on your right side always goes in front of the stick swinging across from your left, spinning the sticks counter-clockwise works better. If the stick on your left side goes in front of the one coming across from your right, spin clockwise. Find the link that you usually tend to make and memorize it. Then compare it with the one you get to in your routine. Then you can figure out which way to spin. As for how you throw the strings-think spin, not throw. As you get better I think it becomes less important how you link and throw.

Dunno if this'll help, but this is what I experience.

Thumbsplit into the the link for your orbital(I'm not saying you have to thumbsplit but it's for a reason)Now, if the stick on your right side always goes in front of the stick swinging across from your left, spinning the sticks counter-clockwise works better. If the stick on your left side goes in front of the one coming across from your right, spin clockwise. Find the link that you usually tend to make and memorize it. Then compare it with the one you get to in your routine. Then you can figure out which way to spin. As for how you throw the strings-think spin, not throw. As you get better I think it becomes less important how you link and throw.

:) thanks man i got it to spin more 3tims tho not the full tangle so i keep praticing but ur tip helped the most

When you throw the sticks, make sure the momentum is going in the buzzsaw plane (vertically and perpendicular to your body) and not sideways - then you can pul your hands to the sides to tighten the strings and do the orbital.

:) thanks man i got it to spin more 3tims tho not the full tangle so i keep praticing but ur tip helped the most

Ya, I just figured out the secret only two days ago. Glad to help.

EDIT: Gotta give credit to Seven's post earlier, it's really what made me think of it differently.