Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peruvian_martian

Oggz

8 posts in this topic

Yeah, I finally caved and got a pair of Oggz offline. Now let me tell you, these are sweet little toys. Fully rechargible, color changing, light (weight per each one is between a glowstick and firepoi head) and durable (alright whacked them against each other and dropped countless times).

Now, what would you consider them to be in regards to light dancing? They can be used as poi, but they could also be used for freehand and juggling. Are they, like photons, in a league of their own or do they fall under a certain catagory when it comes to light dancing? Also, does anyone else besides me have them, and if so, what are your thoughts on them?

I've seen the banner for these things before but never clicked on it and had paid no attention to what the banner was even for, so I searched for it and found their website. They look pretty interesting, and yes, I'm absolutely sure they could be used in many ways. Attatch to strings, freehand, or attach to staff, to name the 3 that come to the top of my head. And as for category, I think they just fall under other, like the light up cat toys I dance with occasionally. Photons/led's are more popular, so they kind of have their own category, but random light up things like that are pretty much "other", as far as I see it anyway. I'll probably end up buying a pair to try them out. A video of you dancing with them would be appreciated, just to see what they look like in action.

arent oggz like pretty big? i reckon itd be hard for me to freehand wif them. well i dont know.. the ones ive seen are big

arent oggz like pretty big? i reckon itd be hard for me to freehand wif them. well i dont know.. the ones ive seen are big

They are a little bigger then a tennis ball (because they are egg shaped).

yea..... ive seen some that are like bigger aswell tho. id just stick to ticks i reckon. would stand out a lot i reckon if u did use em

Hm. I doubt they'd be good for contact juggling though. >.>

*Is still waiting for a glow in the dark Acryllic Contact Juggling ball*

Meh. I'd attack these to my practice staff and use them like that. I got a good pair of glow in the dark poi from HoP and im happy with those.

I'm honestly more interested in taking them apart for the parts and using them to make a pair of rechargeable LED sticks