Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liquid122-co

Music and Djing

5 posts in this topic

Im going to be picking up some dj equipment and i wanted some opinions. When picking up a mixer ive heard its not good to go cheap so i wont, on turntables on the other hand I havent heard much, what tables can i use as a good starter set than wont give me problems and break easily, im going to learn to scratch and mix some club music so id like a good set for good money that will do me well. And technics are out of the price range. Instead of this brand is good model numbers and shit like that will help alot.

And when i listen to this video

I hear that cell phone song. The song that i love because its "hard" But when i look for hard house to download or hard trance its all some happy hardcore bs or some weird arabian shit, what should i be looking for thats not TOO hard trancy, i guess i like the hard trance thats like with limits not just like apwodkpawodkopakwd, but like refined hard. I guess its hard to explain but when i hear this song also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUUFyyaFp4 i go ape shit, i like that sort of shit, what kind of music is that technically called, so i can get it right when im looking for it.

The mixer really varies. You say you wanna go into scratching, then go vestax, its what they are built for. If you want the industry standard for mixers at venues, go pioneer 500 or 600. The 500 is fine and I believe significantly cheaper, cause it doesnt have the loop sample. Now If you want a mixer thats cheaper with the same features, behringer makes decent low priced alternatives.

As far as tables, you dont necessarily have to have technics, you can pretty much go with something that is direct drive. Versus belt driven. DO not under any circumstances get anything belt driven. Almost 99.9% of clubs and venues will all have some type of direct drive tables setup. As far as music, not sure. Good luck.

I personally tell everyone to get Technics, not only because of the quality, but because they are the industry standard for most clubs, if you end up snagging some gigs. This will help you out because you will already have a feel for the tables.

2 years ago I bought Technics, and as much as I hate to admit it, tables are basically over. Everyone uses CDJ's, so if you really want to get serious, I would consider looking into them.

The mixer really varies. You say you wanna go into scratching, then go vestax, its what they are built for. If you want the industry standard for mixers at venues, go pioneer 500 or 600. The 500 is fine and I believe significantly cheaper, cause it doesnt have the loop sample. Now If you want a mixer thats cheaper with the same features, behringer makes decent low priced alternatives.

As far as tables, you dont necessarily have to have technics, you can pretty much go with something that is direct drive. Versus belt driven. DO not under any circumstances get anything belt driven. Almost 99.9% of clubs and venues will all have some type of direct drive tables setup. As far as music, not sure. Good luck.

The site im buying from (djdeals.com) doesnt even sell the pioneer 500. Will the 400 do? And when it comes to scratching if i get a pioneer will i be screwed and not be able to scratch? or if i get a vestax will i be screwed and not be able to play club music? I guess if its possible im looking for a all around mixer. And for tables and belt driven that are within a good price range will do fine im assuming. I guess my only question is on the mixer really, im just going to go ortophon on my needles and cartridges. So for the mixer whats a good all around mixer?

The pioneer 400 will do. the only difference between this and the other is that it has less channels but you'll be ok. You will be able to scratch with either the pioneer or the vestex. Some vestex have digital crossfaders so they dont bleed and stay perfect. Either mixer like i said, will work for scratching. The reason I mentioned Vestax is because its physically more open space on the crossfader so it makes it more comfortable to scratch. If you do get the vestax, you wont be screwed, most mixers have the exact same features. You'll learn this quick. Lows mids highs...etc. Master switch, booth, headphone jack....etc. Well, almost all clubs are direct drive. Stay away from belt driven, but good luck if you do choose them. They arent great at all and arent calibrated. Ortophon works fine for needles etc.