Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frey_of_time

BCT

5 posts in this topic

I'm going to BCT on the 1st and wondering is there any tips and tricks that I need to know before I go.

Yeah i just got outta BCTB at Fort Benning, PT!!! Do PT!!! NOW!!

Push ups and sit ups are a big factor, do a lot of them and get used to running a lot.

Get used to running 2 miles at an 8.5 - 9minute pace.

You are going to have a PT test that checks your physical fitness every couple weeks. you will have 2 minutes to do as many push ups as you can, followed by 2 mins of sit ups, then a 2 mile run.

You want to get roughly 50 - 50 - and 14:00 min run. That is a good starting point. They will build you up from there.

get mentally set to get yelled at, tossed around, getting your ass handed to you. The first 3 weeks are tough but it gets easier after that.

Follow the rules, dont get caught with a cell phone like i did. Stay outta trouble and keep your nose clean, try to fly under the radar if you can.

any other questions just ask.

Im in airborne school now, :smilewinkgrin:

EDIT:

I read 2006 as 2007... oops,

drill sgts are your new daddy's while youre there.

do what youre supposed to do, you'll do fine.

dont ask dont tell ((all jokes aside)).

and maintain your military bearings

not sure what MOS runs a 9 min avg mile in basic for a pt test but we ran at least 7.5-8.........but then again they split it up in A group and B group which is those that could run faster than 14 min 2 mile were in A group and B group was anyone slower than that...

and BCT stands for Brigade Combat Team......if your in a combat MOS then your going to OSUT, which is One Site Unit Training meaning you stay in the same place for Basic Training and AIT, with the same drill sgts

not sure what branch your in, but when i was talking about the BCT that was pertaining to the Army ;)