Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mature Lamb

Does your family know you glowstick?

108 posts in this topic

I dont see why family's trash on it so much...

Some people have things they love to do like build models, play instruments, paint, and tons more.

Some people in hawaii and other places make MONEY spinning fire. That is their living.

You could also argue with some, "why are you playing with your stupid plastic truck? It won't get you anywhere in life, won't get you money or girls (btw i dont see why thats every ones goal in life) and it looks stupid"

Maybe since its just not as wide spread... They don't want to accept it.

my family is very religious, so the whole rave thing is a "meh" deal to them. but they think its cool tho. my friends know i string. shot a vid in church once, everyone was like " O_O WAO" and it IS kind of amusing when ppl wow at somethng rly simple like a weave and dont marvel at anything complicated xD.

so basically everyone knows. they like the lightshow idea, but the party/rave thing...its an idk deal. im pretty sure my dad wouldn't let me go to one until i turn 21. ^^;

They do.

They say, "we wish you do the fire instead though because drug people at raves do it with glowsticks."

They do.

They say, "we wish you do the fire instead though because drug people at raves do it with glowsticks."

Just say "do you really want me spinning fire in my bedroom? Didn't think so, I think I'll stick to non-toxic, non heat generating, no spark creating light source known as the glowstick ;)"

my mom knows she really doesnt care but kinda nods her head behind my back, and my sister is ok with it, my "brother" on the other hand is just a hater. calls himself a christian and is one of the biggest a$$h0l35 out there, such denial.

i dont mean to sound like im a bad person but you'd probably not like him either. i've come to realize that there are people in this world you just cant get along with. at all.

my folks found out by mere accident. my dad said in a shaky manner he was proud. i think he appreciated my dedication, but didn't really know what to think about it. when i tried to tell him more about it he kinda just nodded, he didn't really care, lol.

my mom... eh, she thought i was weird. haha. weird in a funny way, not like " you diseased child" kinda weird >.<

and then all of my 16 cousins love it

My parents know and i have never hidden it from them lol They think its awsome, especially my step mom which listens to the kind of music i do!!

i just started stringing and they already know. im in europe right now and unfortunatly for me there are no glowstick within 300 miles of me T_T believe me i looked. So i had my mom buy me 50 in the states and she shipped them to me and said "keep it up, im glad you found your outlet!" since i cant draw sing or dance.. yay for my mom :D

my parents doooooo, 4th of july they made me crack sticks for the little neighbor kids hahahaha.

my whole family knows that i glowstick ha they all think its pretty badass:}

To make a long-story short, my family knew that i was glowsticking for a year or so now, ever since they started seeing glowstick boxes/wrappers/hooks/receipts and began asking.....but i never actually showed them me doing it until a week or so ago. For a family reunion, as well as my grandparents' 50th anniversary, me my parents and my sis drove up to the peninsula of wisconsin to stay at some cabins with our extended family on my mothers side.

2 stringers/poi-ists from minneapolis drove 7 hours to meet me there and to put on a sick glowstring/fire performance with me for my family as their virgin exposure to this stuff!!!! It was a little weird at first, they were really silent and had NOOOOO idea what to make of it, lol, but eventually they began to really love it and we ended up practically melting their faces!!!!

Lol, now my dad yells at me a lot for doing it in the house but now i dont have to worry about being judged by my parents if i go string in the backyard cuz i know they think its cool and amazing :) my mom kinda wants me to teach her now lol

My family know. My friends know. My co-workers know. Everybody knows and is supportive of "that thing you do with the glowing sticks".

I have never hidden it, except if im in public. Although im getting more confident and im tring to practice where ever i can now.

my mom knows, and sometimes she'll buy sticks for me.

my dad charges me tax on when i need him to buy me stuff, I also use his tools to make my inova's

But, he's never seen me stringing :P

Yeah im on my brothers profile but my fam has seen my do freehand and mystyle is mostly mind tricks and juggles so my grandma almost tranced out lol but my bro hes tryin to learn one of the most comparitively useless . . . but tightest skillz poi so yeah drop by and give him a thumbs up

One Love my brothas

Yeah they do.

And they even tried it themselves.

LULZ

My mom doesn't wanna pick the sticks up again..ever..

and my step-dad might not have any kids.

:blink:

BUT, they encourage me.

:D

And laaaaugh every time i knock myself with the sticks.

<_<

My parents know, my mom absolutely loves it. Dad and brother are just like, "Ok. Cool." then they walk away. lol

They've always known, I've never hidden it. They were kind of weirded out by it at first but as I progressed from LED's to glowsticks they saw the art in it more. Then I moved to strings and my grandparents saw me once and went on a trip to hawaii. My grandma bought me my first pair of Poi while she was there and sent them to me in the mail

Mine do, my mom even bought me like 40 of those cheap crappy sticks from wal mart one time.

Mine do, my mom even bought me like 40 of those cheap crappy sticks from wal mart one time.

Same here, only not as many haha.

my parents know i glowstick my step dad loves trance so he finds it really cool, i string in my back yard and in my livin room and i leave my strings out and in plainsight anywhere i really want... i blast trance and house music so that my entire house bumps but thats just how i live my life.. my parents dont mind and i love it so live on live on lol

Ha, My parents in the beginning when they found out thought i was going to become like some people they know who go to clubs and do the other stuff (you know what i mean). Although concerned of that, My family thought it was cool, i taught my dad but he said he was too old for dancing.