Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mature Lamb

Does your family know you glowstick?

108 posts in this topic

Watch the DVD lol

did i mention that im not working atm... i put the get in gettho lol for now i do the poor mans learning style.. snatching anything off the net i can but soon enuff my mom will give me my allowance and then weeeeeeeeeeee... shit wait i am the mom :( mummyyyyy ohhh mummy have i told you how much i love you today .. lol she told me to get bent

Watch the DVD lol

:lol: His mom made his gsc pants ( black pants with glowsticking.com writen down the side)

my parents had found glowsticks in my room but they don't know what I do with them. if they ever found the hundreds of vids I have on their computer they probabaly would.

His mom made his gsc pants ( black pants with glowsticking.com writen down the side)

lol but do they look cool?.. im gunna make myself an ultraviolet skellie costume for my first vid lol.. oooo lookie them bones spinnin those sticks lol...

step 1.. get some skillz

Depends on who you consider "family". All my friends know even though the non-ravers dont understand it they think its fun to watch. I tried telling my mom and I'm not so sure she really knows what a glowstick is... I think she replied with something about how I've always liked gloworms. lol Anyway, no use hiding it. I think most parents think their kids do wierd shit. lol

Peace! :sm_sleep:

There is only one person that i am related to that knows. She is my cousin. As for my parents and sister. They couldnt handle it. I went though enough shit when they found out i liked music other than classic rock. :smokin:

by the way, i did check and the side that is mirrored says "glowsticking.com" perfectly when you look in the mirror.

one night i was rollin and i woke my mom up and made hear put on a pair of headphones and i gave here a light show it was cool

one night i was rollin and i woke my mom up and made hear put on a pair of headphones and i gave here a light show it was cool

why wake up your mom?... thats so not cool... lol

lol.

i remember giving my mum a lightshow but she liked it wen i attempted to string cauz she reckons it loks better....

lol

damn, my family haves no idea that I rave... only glowstring :P

my family have never really bothered or cared very much, its just a hobby that they thought would 'fade away', my brother laughs at it and then runs around flailing the strings like a moron, thats kinda funny as it leads to him getting smacked in the head or the groin eventually

I'd always do it at night when it was late outside so my mom never knew for 2 months but i wasnt hiding it. She saw it and was like WOW, and kept trying to get me to show all her friends, it was sooo anoying, and then was like we should be performing this and making money and im like fucking yeah right (Never said that but just kept shaking my head)... "Its not a 'show' FOR other people, its for myself and w/e" and she has now clue what PLUR even is. My sister is in her 20s and used to see people doing just basic weaves, butterflys, windmills, (basic moves (club swinging?)) when she was raving as a teen. Her and my step brother think it's cool, he even tried but only got the 2 beat weave and was going so fast his vains where bulging out lol. :sm_biggrin:

fortunately my family knows, my mom likes to have parties and what not, and i think i've stringed at a few of the events, my bros friends have seen me do it too. they join in sometimes. last year we had a party and i had like four old people stringin, i tied and cracked them for them and they had a blast drunk and what not....it was cool. my mom strings with me sometimes...she used to teach gymnastics and theres ribbon dancing in that so she knows a little bit. she's kinda good actually...she's got moves down that you wouldn't believe and she has no clue that's she's even doing anything really...it's cute. dad knows but hasn't seen me do it yet...

my parents know but they dont really care sooo ehhh as long as there not trying to make me stop im ok with it.

my family knows, and they think i'm retarded, they make sure to ridicule me about it any chance they get :unsure: .....i can just feel the love :inlove:

Same.

how to revive a dead and burried thread :P

Edit:

my parents know, my mother thinks it looks nice, and as for my father, I made a thread about what he thinks of it...

Cheers

I was open about it from the start, I asked my mom for some laces and glowsticks from walmart. She asked why and I told her I'd show here, I showed her the three beat weave, and my horrible fore arm wraps.

From then on I've always showed my progress from day one, they like it when Im into an art, wether it be glowsticking, or circuit bending a toy, or being able to attend college at 16. They always appreciate everything I've done for myself.

Until I joined GS.C I never realized that. I always took it for granted. But now I see that its pretty amazing that they DO support everything I enjoy.

Lol my parents are like w/e and leave me alone. They know I glowstick and ask me if I was taking drugs I'm like what?!NO! I glowstick cuz of the art of dancing. So then on they left me alone but one time I asked my parents if i could go to EDC and they said wtf is that and just said no. I can't go to any event or party till im 18 :( 5 years from now imma be raving my butt off lol!

My direct family knows very well that I freehand...lol..its hard to miss cause I'll just bust out with some dead glowsticks and start throwing them around. Or, I'll just bust out with a movement that popped in my mind in the kitchen or something. They are cool with it. But I'm talking about my kids and wife.

My mom and some cousins have seen me freehand before. lol...some of my cousins think its cool but for the most part my mom and uncles and aunts probablly think its retarded.

my family knows about it. my mom and my aunt love it and i always show them my progress and my dad likes it but isnt as enthusiastic about it as much as my mom and aunt are. sometimes he even talks trash on it sayin that doing that wont get me nowhere ect. oh well i guess i just know that i will never stop glowstringing and it doesnt matter entirely what they think about it