Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mature Lamb

Does your family know you glowstick?

108 posts in this topic

I'm confused.

Why would anyone want to hide the fact that you like doing something? Glowsticking is an art, no different from any other dance. I can see where your coming from if you think your parents are going to think it's affiliated with drugs.

As for me, I never had any reason to hide it. When I lived with Mom I'd always bust in the house, with techno blasting. She loves watching it. Whenever I'm over and she has friends over she makes me go get some sticks, hehe.

I'll go to clubs all the time and see some kids out on the floor with sticks, I'll borrow them, and my friends I'm with get all into it. Man, I've gotten a lot of kids around here into it.

It's beautiful.

My mom and dad know I go to the club, and they know I bring glowsticks, but I haven't actually talked to them about the actual culture, or the dancing.

The rest of my family doesn't really know. There was one time at my grandparents house that I was practicing in my room and my grandma said "Wow Dan, that's really good!" but she didn't ask about it....

hahaha my parents think its weird but besides that they don't really think bout it too much. then again i haven't lived with them for like 3-4 years so the glowstiking is the least of their concerns

My parents saw me Stick and String and first thing my mum goes..... Can you get money by doing this ? im like yea if your good enough... and then she goes.. WELL WHEN you are GOOD enough to get paid for you it.... Then you can do that shit in the house with that Music on that loud..... she's afraid i'll crack her flower pots and mirrors and shit lol.....

lol..... thats cool....

my family thinks its normal.. well its cauz they dont do nething about it.

u can make money by making led sticks :P

ehehe hopefully ill make some good $$$

my family knows, and they think i'm retarded, they make sure to ridicule me about it any chance they get :unsure: .....i can just feel the love :inlove:

my parents found it very entertaining. They know i go to clubs, they trust me. Not only do they know about it, but they respect the culture at the same time.

-my parents rock :inlove:

My mom whatched me practice the other night. And this was the convo after words.

Her:"Soo, What was that you were doing."

Me."Dancing. You always say i need too get somthignt oo do, thats not computers, and thats my thing."

Her."I need too by a new video camera.'

Me."Why?"

HEr."So we can tape you doing that that."

Me."O.o"

kool.

thats kinda like wat my sister sed, but she goes ill lend u my digital camera to take photos or record. :P

my family doesnt say anythig about it. nemores i think. well im not on the comp as much.

my parents know, but they dont mind me glowsticking

they DO get concerned though when i go to RAVES at abandoned biscuit factories & warehouses in ghetto areas with hella kids all cracked out.

ive told them about it, so they think im crazy again, but im sure they dont mind. i do alot of martial arts, so im always spinning around, or moving my wrists. i have air freehanded in front of them when i was bored. they asked what martial art that was from, so i just em "it isnt martial arts. its glowsticking."....then i got the "wtf" and i explained it.

Mine do. I finally quit trying to hide it when my dad came into my room when I was practicing... I was like, look, I glowstick... Lol, actually, in the past I told him I was trying to learn to Juggle :P

But yeah, my dad thinks it's cool (or so he says), my mom thinks I need to get a more "mature" hobby, my 15 year old brother thinks its lame (but I think he likes it in the inside), AND my 3 year old sister LOVES it. Sometimes she'll even glowstick w/ me :)

haha thats cool , i glowstick with my little sis too and my 13 yr bro thinks im lame too

my parents know... but don't really like it. they already think I'm a druggie (which I'm not!), and this supposedly supports their suspicions even more. w/e

my parents know but they don't mind since I'm not going out as much as before... now I'm actually home more often and doing chores :P

I had to show my family what I was doing so I wouldnt have to explain the bruises over n over again... i got the good old one eyebrow raise ..

My son thinks im off mytree and my daughter used to play with the tennis balls on string till she wacked herself good..

I dont go outside during the day to practice any more as the kids in my complex swarm over.. whacha doin .. can i try??

cheesus kid dont swing it so fast!! I cant send u home bleeding or broken :(

As I am the mom .. lol ya it's cool with me :biggrin2: