Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mature Lamb

Does your family know you glowstick?

108 posts in this topic

Unfortunately mine don't, although some of my friends do. My family have seen me with freshly cracked glowsticks before, although they did have a strange reaction. So my question is, does anyone have a family that knows they glowstick?

Mine does; they mostly seem to be apathetic about it. The younger sibs ridicule it to some extent, but my mom's pretty okay with it (note: Wes V.2s and the GS.C DVD make a great graduation present :biggrin2: )

Mine do. I finally quit trying to hide it when my dad came into my room when I was practicing... I was like, look, I glowstick... Lol, actually, in the past I told him I was trying to learn to Juggle :P

But yeah, my dad thinks it's cool (or so he says), my mom thinks I need to get a more "mature" hobby, my 15 year old brother thinks its lame (but I think he likes it in the inside), AND my 3 year old sister LOVES it. Sometimes she'll even glowstick w/ me :)

Parents and grandmother think its cool. They like hearing the blasting techno and trance music coming from my garage when my friends and I glowstick. My 15 yr old sister is just as into it as I am, though she freehands and I string.

my parents think its weird... but they realize that its something i love, and so they support it. they always thought it was rediculous, until i showed them what i was talking about, now if i show 'em a video i recorded of myself at a party or anything, they'll give me feedback on it, let me know what they thought was neat and stuff.

Yes, and I've never bothered hiding it from them. When I first started they used to make fun of me, but after a year or so when I started getting better at it they stopped. Recently I've actually been paid to spin fire and glowsticks at random parties and events so they're actually proud of me now for it.

My parents have always known. I think about the only thing they ever cautioned me about it was not to break anything when i was stringing in the house cause i used to have this habit of doing basic stringing moves when i was walking around and we have lots of porcelain figurines around. otherwise they didn't really care.

My family knows...they're ok with it, they respect art, and I've always been an artist, so they respect what I do.

My parents know and sort of shake their heads behind my back about it, but meh. I don't do it as much as I used to, but sometimes my mom asks "You still do that glowsticking thing?"

my parents know i glowstick... they arent proud of it... ahah... they dont really care..

HOWEVER, they recently found out that i can pop. So now, at every family function all my relatives ask me to dance.... ive performed for their church etc.

Kinda crazy

Mine do glowsticking is a art of dance..I let everyone now im a glowsticker yeah everyone thinks becous you stick you have to be on lsd or xtc..Not the case i stick becous of the art its personal to me..

my parents know i love dancing and have recently stopped complaining about all the times i dropped the sticks on the living room floor!

Good to see people's family know, although some don't like it. My family still don't know.. I'll just let them walk in my room when I'm practising. :D

My mom knew i played with glow sticks for 6 years... and when she caught me stringing... she thought it was WAY cool..

But last week she caught me practicing some fire poi with some friends in the yard and she freaked out.. like... Imagine drunk french woman who just woke up and stumbled off the couch to find her son swinging flaming balls like a ninja in the front yard with people watching (including stupid neighboors)....it wasn't pretty.. she tried to run at me to put the flames out while i was spinning... nearly caught herself on fire.. but i was smooth and moved.

My mom knew i played with glow sticks for 6 years... and when she caught me stringing... she thought it was WAY cool..

But last week she caught me practicing some fire poi with some friends in the yard and she freaked out.. like... Imagine drunk french woman who just woke up and stumbled off the couch to find her son swinging flaming balls like a ninja in the front yard with people watching (including stupid neighboors)....it wasn't pretty.. she tried to run at me to put the flames out while i was spinning... nearly caught herself on fire.. but i was smooth and moved.

Wow, sounds pretty intesne :biggrin2:

My mom knows I stick. She knows I spin and breathe fire. Kinda hard not to know that I stick when she's walked into a few private parties in the past and saw me in the middle of a session. Kinda hard not to know about the fire dancing when I made a vid of myself practicing and showed it to her just so she knew what I was doing and that I am careful with it. She really doesn't care, though she is still worried about the fire arts(but then again, which mother wouldn't be?).

My family wanted to send a movie to David Letterman or some late nite show because they found it so odd yet entertaining.

Now all I need to do is just get better at stringing...so i can start fire spinning :D

My pops and all his burn-out ex hippy friends love it. The first time my dad saw me glowsticking he asked where I was in the 60's. My mom finds it funny, yet she is always encouraging me to "keep at it". But by now they are both wondering why I havent tried to make money off it or at least put it out into the public somehow- be it public access or on Pier 39....

Jeff

lol my family thinks its cool, well normal and my sis might be paying for the stash of gs that im gonna order. :P

Only my little bro knows, and he's like, 11. He keeps trying to learn, and whenever he watches me, he's always scared that I'll hit him. Sometimes I block his way while stringing so he can't get out of my room and he'll have to keep watching me.

mines do because I'm usually up late nights w/ glowsticks...

I poi in the garden all the time...

so aye they do...

my mum thinks it is cool...

especially when I weave... :sm_biggrin:

haha its funny how simple moves make people think wow

yet you can do something more complicated and it gets missed

my mom dosnt show it but shes impressed at how talented I am. My dad SAYS its pretty cool, but i dont know how he actually feels about it. he probably dosn't really care at all. My younger 15 yr old brother says its lame but i think he likes it.

my boss at work thought it was dumb.. until i bought him a pair of sticks... Now he begs me to teach him...

All my friends thought it was kinda cool but mainly silly.. until i took them to Infected Mushroom... and now they're obsessed

My fire troop is just now beginning to realize glowsticks are cool...