Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cynicdave

Ask Dave

56 posts in this topic

Some people say I'm not very accessible and that I'm quite abrasive. here is a half-hearted attempt to put a human face on my own face which seems to give the impression to people that I am made of stone derived from dead puppies and kittens.

Some suggested things to ask Dave about:

Education questions (scholarships, how to take sat's, high school and college)!

Money questions (401k, tax advice)!

Relationships!

What girls want!

The Los Angeles Lakers

Basketball in general

Motorcycles

Photoshop, Flash, Premiere, After Affects, Coldfusion, PHP, ASP, JSP, Mysql, MSsql

How much does it cost for my business to do XXXX on the internet

Glowsticking.com

Funk Styles

How to dress so girls dig you.

How to dress for certain occasions.

Where to go in a rave, what's the hottest room in the party

What Black Pugs Like to Eat and Do all day

Future Parties he may or may not go to

How guys want girls to dress.. in bed

How guys want girls to dress... not in bed

His secret feelings about certain staff members

His feelings about you

His feelings about libertarianism and the persian gulf war II

His feelings about liberals and conservatives

GSC's secret plan to dominate the new world order

TV shows.

How to lose 20 pounds in 1 year

The best way to practice freehanding

How glowstringers should be treated in society and on GS.C but he's too afraid to make it law on glowsticking.com for fear of the stringers conspiracy

The secret conspiracy of glowproducts and extremeglow and what it may mean for your testicles

How much money do the ads make, anyway?

And much much more!!!!

* Answers may or may not be truthful and they may or may not be humorous. Please take everything as gospel. I mean do not take everything said here as gospel.

hey dave!

under the suggested things to ask... How much money do the ads make, anyway? I know a person who makes a lot putting them up, but I'd also like to know how that works.

Dear Dave, (is this proper? lol)

But anyways, what do you think girls want? :D

yes, I would like to know.

GSC's secret plan to dominate the new world order

:)

-RG

Dear Dave,

Who do you think will win this election and why?

Why don't you run for president in a few years? That way we can put your secret world domination plan into effect......

hey dave,

what do you think about all the talk that kobe bryant might be coming to play for the Bulls?

oh yea, and what??

How glowstringers should be treated in society and on GS.C but he's too afraid to make it law on glowsticking.com for fear of the stringers conspiracy

Yo Dave *HUGZ*

Must know how you lose twenty pounds in a year? I have lost 25 pounds in three months by eating right and exercising... What is your secret?

How long have you been dancing? And do you ever get frustrated when you cant get a certain move down? And when you do what do you do to stay motivated and positive?

I must know the best ways of practicing freehanding...

Last but not least how do guys want girls to dress in and out of bed.... curious...

Ps... It was awesome to kick it with you... Much Love <3333 Xo0oX

Guest Duck

Dave,

A person's sense of humour is a good way for others to connect to them on a casual level. What kind of humour do you appreciate most?

NEW WORLD ORDER!!! NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who do we overthrow first???

Hey Dave,

I was going to make a new post about this, but I might as well ask here:

Is glowsticking - both freehand and stringing - limited to people with (or without) certain abilities? Example: would it be possible for someone with absolutely no hand-eye coordination to freehand to the same level of one who played baseball, or some other sport? And when I say "people with/without abilities", I'm obviously ruling out like.. quadriplegic people. You know, that stuff. xD

Oh, yeah, and uh... what DO girls want? Just curious.

Dave, is this topic only a half-hearted attempt, as you say in the OP, or is this actually a full-on attempt, and you're just too scared to admit it? =D

Dave, what on earth were you thinking?

(This is possibly the most popular thread ever created.-I suggest locking this and opening it only once a week for a few hours.)

I'm almost scared to ask

His feelings about you

Keep it Pg-13 kay?

Another (and slightly more serious) question-

My hair is too long! How should I get it cut?

Dear EYSAN

what will happen with the Lakers?

will there ever be any more rings?

also, when is V 7 gsc coming out?

hey dave!

under the suggested things to ask... How much money do the ads make, anyway? I know a person who makes a lot putting them up, but I'd also like to know how that works.

Ads are the most common way of making money off the internet. You see them everywhere. google adsense is one of the more common programs offered on the internet. it scans the words on the web page and depending on what it sees it gives you advertisements you are more likely to click on.

www.google.com/adsense

on a very good month, on a traffic of glowsticking.com's caliber, you can pull up hundreds of dollars (500+). on a very bad month or season of the year, it can go all the way down to the hundreds. this includes all google adsense (automatic), deals with glowproducts/extremeglow (manual and time intensive), etc, etc, etc.

there are literally thousands of affiliate type deals you can sign up for, or other ad networks similar to adsense (yahoo has one too). the only criteria is you need a lot of traffic and a server capable of handling all of that traffic.

chitika malls, ebay affiliates, amazon, apples, commisionjunction are all examples of ways to make money off the internet. it's a huge industry comprising mom and shop owners all the way to google, yahoo, amazon and the big internet players.

Dear Dave, (is this proper? lol)

But anyways, what do you think girls want? :D

Girls want guys who are guys, period. act like guys, be like guys.

if being a guy means charming and dependable and nice and funny...

or if being a guy means being an asshole, cocky, unreasonable, etc

depends strictly on the girl.

Dear Dave,

Who do you think will win this election and why?

Why don't you run for president in a few years? That way we can put your secret world domination plan into effect......

It's hard to predict this so early, but even the dems have a upward travel if they want to try and elect hillary. but the odds are so stacked against the republicans that i think they can do it.

hillary/edwards or obama 08

Dear Dave,

Why do I feel lonely at night =(

and why does the closet tell me that it loves me

if you don't want to feel so lonely, tell the closest you want to be out of the closet. then tell the closet it doesn't really love you, it's just saying that to get some from you.

advice from man to man:

don't let the closet tell you what to do and play with your feelings. dump the closet out on the street along with r kelly

hey dave,

what do you think about all the talk that kobe bryant might be coming to play for the Bulls?

oh yea, and what??

kobe bryant has a no-waive trade clause.

this means he can say no at any trade that he doesn't think helps.

but the lakers would want a lot of pieces back. but kobe wouldn't want to play for a team with no players. so a standstil results.

so kobe isn't going anywhere barring some kind of huge deal making by kupchack, which he isn't known for.

my prediction

if the lakers this season win more than they lose and make a dent in the playoffs which is very possible with the addition of derek fisher and a lot of people coming back from injury, kobe bryant may choose to stay. jason kidd might join him and who knows.

if the lakers suck, kobe bryant will opt out and the lakers will get nothing for him.

Yo Dave *HUGZ*

Must know how you lose twenty pounds in a year? I have lost 25 pounds in three months by eating right and exercising... What is your secret?

How long have you been dancing? And do you ever get frustrated when you cant get a certain move down? And when you do what do you do to stay motivated and positive?

I must know the best ways of practicing freehanding...

Last but not least how do guys want girls to dress in and out of bed.... curious...

Ps... It was awesome to kick it with you... Much Love <3333 Xo0oX

Yeah, basically eating right and moving around more. it helps to have a routine or a goal in mind. for example, the 10k mud run for me.

also, it helps to know what you take in terms of calories per day almost exactly. at first, you look like an idiot looking at the boxes, but then it starts to come to you naturally and almost effortlessly. eat a little more? glowstick it off or run it off. but the balance MUST be maintained.

you start to associate food with the amount of work required to burn it off.

1 mile of running = 100 calories.

that's the best way of doing it.

having goals, and doing whatever you need to get there. whether it's dieting or exercise or a combination of both (which i recommend), you have specific numbers for everything. how many calories to eat. how many calories to burn.

also you need to make sure the calories are as high quality as you can get. protein: chicken, staches, veggies, high quality carbs like brown rice and whole grain stuff, and not too much fat (but in there to keep the food tasting good).

when you do that the food tastes way better and you enjoy it more.

and that means you feel more okay about working hard for it.

practicing glowsticking for 40 minutes = 100 calories =)