Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cynicdave

The Soul of Glowsticking: Part II

136 posts in this topic

do i just submit footage or what do i do? i have footage of myself and other people from san antonio and other cities from texas.

do i just submit footage or what do i do? i have footage of myself and other people from san antonio and other cities from texas.

Save it until Dave starts requesting for footage again, then send it in to him. He'll give info on how to send in when he starts asking.

Would be awsome if i could contribute to the DVD.

heck even be in it for 1 second.. :shy:

I hope that the NY meet up gets in there some how >.<

that would be awesome :P

I need GSC pants part II for the GSC dvd part II. Now that blu ray has won the battle maybe we can make it HD and put it on that?

I do agree that we need some serious content definitely interviews and other verbal material!

Also, i can help out producing music for the video. i don't mind if you people have more room. I'm sure you got lots of invites already. Compile mixing of song are easy to do but if you all desire some fresh never heard made studio songs then that would take awhile, but still possible.

Let me know!

I need GSC pants part II for the GSC dvd part II. Now that blu ray has won the battle maybe we can make it HD and put it on that?

that would be a really huge step for us to undertake.. @_@

i do like to put out we should pay attention to the audio in this dvd.. in the first dvd i have to constantly change th volume because it's not consistent through out the dvd.. especially in the interviews chapters / segments and the ultra circle.. but i guess the ultra circle can't be helped the bass is really just too damn loud xD

In advance, quality footage is just as important as audio, lets try to save high quality footage peeps.

Blu-ray can hold up to 50 GB of data.

BUT

It's prohibitively expensive.

A SINGLE disc costs $10. That would make the cost of the DVD go up quite a bit. Not only that but there's no software that's really able to edit raw HD footage well as of right now. That and we'd have to shoot in HD as well. Does anyone even have the gear for that? I mean Danny and RG might, but that's about it.

stick with regular DVD, footage is going to be submitted with mostly regular DV cameras. That kind of money would be a waste.

Not everyone has the proper recording equipment.

Seriously, even the HDV tapes are expensive. I usually just record on DV on my big camera. Costco tapes are like 10 tapes for 25 bucks! its a STEAL! lol.

-RG

we'll see how much blue ray would be in the next 2 years then we'll debate

Blue ray is going to out do HD DVDs.

You may not think so but at my school one of my instructors got info that hasnt been relased in any media. But HD is going to take over broadcasting and Blue ray is taking over.

the DVD is a years away plan. so it's quite possible it'll be in HD. it'll be funny because people are going to complain about the DVD footage and not being in HD and how it's so grainy. i can just see it now =)

i've learned a lot since then, so everything will be better notch.

there will be some more emphasis on tutorials.

how about shooting/reshooting the tutorials in HD as a bonus disc, or even as a teaser or stand alone product. there might be a market for it, and it could help pay for the production of the actual DVD.