Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cynicdave

The Soul of Glowsticking: Part II

136 posts in this topic

OH SHIT!!! THIS TIME I CAN BE IN IT!! WHOOOOO!

I can help with audio and music, mixing.

Sweet, I'll try contributing some footages just for the DVD :D

I think just over 2 years will be enough time to gather footages.

I WANNA RAMBLE IN IT!

its gonna be awesome, you know I'm gonna help you with footage of awesomeness!

:)

I shall be traveling!

-RG

Guest Duck

what's going to be the primary focus of the DVD? is there going to be more discussion about the esoteric concepts of the culture and how glowsticking effects us as individuals?

=O another dvd! i want to contribute more to this one er i mean actually contribute in this one since i was just part of some small footage last time :P

what's going to be the primary focus of the DVD? is there going to be more discussion about the esoteric concepts of the culture and how glowsticking effects us as individuals?

yes. more suggestions are welcome. =)

Cant wait to see it, it would be cool to see the culture from the view point of someone just learning and progressively becoming more active. well now that ive typed it it sounds stupid... i unno

PS post 100 YAY 3 little blue bars, i feel bad ass.

K, im in, whether its editing, critiquing, rough drafting. Ill have to go revisit the Art of Glowsticking and see what we can add to it that was missing in the first one. Make this video long like the last one. Ive got tons of raw data to contribute.

Maybe we can make a GSC anthem or song?

ALso on a side note, this NEW anthology will make the orginal DVD a classic.

I'm going to do some field work.... ask people how glowsticking makes them feel at different parties. What euphoria! What bliss!

Also, submit more footage of myself this time around :)

=O... Wow, I can't believe a second one is being made. I think a lot of us should work really hard on making new creative combos and refining them lol.

Hmm... suggestions.

I said this when the last DVD came out as well: I think that on the scene selection we should have sections split up into two. Like rather than just haveing Glowstringing 1, Freehand 1, Chicago Meetups.... You'll have Glowstringing 1 Part A, Glowstringing 1 Part B, Freehand 1 Part A, Freehand 1 Part B, Chicago Meetups Part A, Chicago Meetups Part B... ect ect. This will just help a lot with navigation, because I found it took a while to navigate to certain parts with just fast forwarding.

Maybe request people to send in mini DV tapes that they use? This way they won't have to upload their footage to their computer (which always decreases the quality) and send to you. Of course you could just exchange your address in private. This could help you a bit in keeping much nicer quality videos on the dvd, and keep less worse quality ones (Like MadRaverRai's part on the last DVD).

A third suggestion is to get thebigshow to practice so we can get more footage of him for this dvd =P.

More party footage.

If more party footage is included, I think it should only be that with really good lighting, like dragonglows part in freehand part 2 of the older one. The only problem with using the ultras as lighting is it only lasts for a really short amount of time.

ALL footage should have good lighting. Period.

Yeah, but I was only saying the party footage should because it normally does not have good lighting.

Guest Duck

let's get some of glowsticking.com's producers and djs together to work on the soundtrack. let's get more music styles involved, and homegrown music is always a plus!

I say I should get a lot of stuff with my nice camera. I've been going to lots of meet ups. I'm really trying to travel you guys.

Hawaii maybe

Maybe Fresno.

But money is always my number one issue.

We'll see, as years pass maybe I can get an awesome job where traveling can be more of a possibility.

-RG

Duck get with me about getting different styles of music down for this DVD. I am definitely for the idea of different types of genres along with what we are showing on the DVD. We can get the music at highest quality and if we need to mix it etc. We should get together with all the DJ's and discuss the different genres you have, we also can discuss the top songs.

Guest Duck

note: i produce, rather that dj.

but i'll pm you about arranging with the other djs/producers on the site. we've got plenty of time to work on this, i expect.

hey i am always down to help, the same stuff as the last dvd if not more. very exciting to hear the second DVD might be in the plans!! =)

i think one of the biggest grips i had with the last DVD is the audio quality during interviews. although i think the only way to improve it is with mics, not sure how practical that will be. i would also want to get rid of interviews completely this time if the quality cannot improve. i find myself skipping through those just because it was so hard to hear.

maybe if we exchange interviews with written messages that can be displayed on screen at the beginning of each segment it'll be more effective and professional looking. it can be in quotes to give it more of a personal touch.

i think it's a good idea for people to capture their own footage off of miniDVs and submit to dave. it's SOOOOO time consuming if dave had to capture everything on his own. if quality is a concern, we just need to tell everyone submitting to capture footage as uncompressed, burn onto DVD's and then mail it. i think that's the ideal way to go about it. people can also trim off junk that they don't want to conserve file size... it'll also help so that dave doesn't have to go through any more footage than necessary.

Guest Duck

yeah, i was going to say something about the interviews, because i didn't hear a word that was said anytime i watched the dvd. so yeah, uncompressed footage in general is a good idea, so we don't get pixelated glowsticking footage (we already have to deal with that on the site, why on the dvd too? =P) and perhaps upping the volume for the interviews in whatever movie making program, so we get good volume on those too.

on a side note: perhaps, in the case that people can't send miniDV or submit uncompressed footage or whatever, perhaps standardizing the format, resolution and bitrate, for a consistent image/sound quality would be good too?

for the interviews, i am not sure if this will play out well or not, but how about we record them audio only later with decent mics and play them over footage of whoever is talking, sort of like a commentary track and so people can connect the style to the person. also, the questions to them should be edited out so it sounds more like they are talking rather than answering questions.