Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrei

The Romances Experience

626 posts in this topic

Im not saying you gotta split it yourself. Im just saying if you can make a cue file for it. Then i can split it up myself and those that want it all together can do that 2.

I didn't split this myself. My software splits the tracks automatically when I finish cross fading. So that's how it'll be if you don't want one whole set.

It plays consecutively on my Ipod so I got no problem doin it this way. My morning commute today was sick cause that first track. (=O)

Just recorded this set today. It’s a lot faster as I started at 140 BPMs, and also much louder than my last set.

I spin very differently on different days and I wanted to show that. I experimented with effects and EQ techniques I been playin with. I hope you all enjoy.

The Track of the week is Sa Ve Oh - Loop Hole(Robert Gitelman Remix). Shit's crazy.

P.S. At Cleric’s request I have split the tracks up. Let me know what you all would prefer for the next set.

MadRaverRai - Speechless Siren 02

MadRaverRai - Speechless Siren 02

1)Sa Ve Oh - Loop Hole(Robert Gitelman Remix) [Track of the Week]

2)John Askew - How can I put this(John O' Callaghan Remix)

3)Mr. Sam - Split(Aly and Fila Remix)

4)Vincent de Moor - Fly Away(Sean Tyas Remix)

5)Global Warming - Surrender(Second Trun Remix)

6)Galapagos(DJ Shah and Ralph Fritsch Tribute Remix)

7)Factoria - Revive(Static Blue Remix)

8)Kuffdam and Plant -Summerdream(Stoneface and Terminal Remix)

9)Remo Con - Atavism(Mac and Mac Remix)

10)Kyau and Albert - Kiksu

11)Tom Colontonio - Maximizer

Outstanding Rai.

just listened to your 2nd set rai, it's my kind of music, sick ! keep it up, my brother mixes too. i'll post up a set sometime.

yeah he is a freehander also :D

looks like i'll be updating my imeem quite a lot because of gs.c =)

TRE 006

Judge Jules - Without Love (Signalrunners Remix) [Maelstrom]

Pretty sweet track romances... Signalrunners have really proven themselves this year...

Speechless Sirens 02

Nice choice of tracks to use rai! also, nice usage of the flanger :)

btw, I might be sending you something new, romances :)

TRE 006

Judge Jules - Without Love (Signalrunners Remix) [Maelstrom]

Pretty sweet track romances... Signalrunners have really proven themselves this year...

Speechless Sirens 02

Nice choice of tracks to use rai! also, nice usage of the flanger :)

btw, I might be sending you something new, romances :)

Honestly I think I over flangered a little bit but yeah. lol (=OP Thanks for the comments guys.

I never thought I could use GSC as my outlet for my music. I swear all my sets represent what I'm thinkin about. I was in a crazy ass mood when I spun that second set.

That's the idea of The Romances Experience. To get us all together and spin each other's styles and have fun. YES Rai, when you get in the mood you freaking rip it. That's why having a passion for DJing will definitely get you to do some crazy sets. I'm glad you're doing more mixes now, I was really getting you to start making more mixes and there you go!

I also used a lot of isolator and filter effects in that set. Shit was fun. Haven't mastered it yet though.

Guest crazy_diamond
I have Natural Healer. I sent it to you remember? LOL I couldn't use it this time cause it match up with the tempo of the other songs. Hot track though. Next week for sure.

<-- SLOWBODY

Wasn't this thread originally about TRE?

Can we keep on topic?

That's funny 'cause Romances himself told me to post mixes up in this thread. And he made this thread to gather GSC DJs together. Didn't he?

Should we make separate threads? Who here is in favor of that?

I'm not. I think this is the perfect place to put sets up since it's been working so far.

That's funny 'cause Romances himself told me to post mixes up in this thread. And he made this thread to gather GSC DJs together. Didn't he?

Should we make separate threads? Who here is in favor of that?

I'm not. I think this is the perfect place to put sets up since it's been working so far.

He told you that you should start making MIXES. Not post in HIS thread. He made this thread because it was HIS show, gsc dj's are just guest mixes. Have you done one? No, you have made seperate ones which weren't even included in his shows.

Yes, make seperate threads.

This is NOT the perfect place to put "sets" up...the only person it has worked for is YOU.

Also, you have more reviews on your mixes that had nothing to do with this topic then he ever got on his mixes.

Guest crazy_diamond
He told you that you should start making MIXES. Not post in HIS thread. He made this thread because it was HIS show, gsc dj's are just guest mixes. Have you done one? No, you have made seperate ones which weren't even included in his shows.

This is NOT the perfect place to put "sets" up...the only person it has worked for is YOU.

Also, you have more reviews on your mixes that had nothing to do with this topic then he ever got on his mixes.

why are you trippin about it??? you act like it's a personal blow towards you or something... no need for the hate, dude. a person shouldn't be so bitter over something like that. it's not a crime to share work with others... a lot is for your benefit, actually. posting sets does have a little something to do with this thread. i'm not speaking for just Rai, either... i'd have to say something about this kind of attitude, no matter who it was directed toward cuz that's just me. have you even listened to any yet? what's up with the nitpicking? "set"/"mix"... i mean... why?

i don't mean to sound harsh cuz i'm open to any opinion of yours and i'm sure everyone else is, but... this meticulous fault-finding stuff just has to go. why not just message someone and insult them privately instead of trying to humiliate them in front of the whole community? that will just make an ass out of you and... whoever you're bashing. (that's a better way to piss someone off, anyways ;) ) i know you get what i'm saying...

just chill, man. really. please?

keep the peace, dude...

neutralize...

something like that.

now back to the topic... uhh i can't open any zipped files :X but i'm downloading all the mixes (slash "sets", or vice versa??!!!) and i'll give feedback once i figure out how to open these up.

Friede ^_^

Well Kyle, I think that's your name. You are as hostile as always and I don't want to ruin this thread. So, I will just share my thoughts rather than try to argue with you.

I point out that Romances and I converse daily and he has NO problem with anything I've done in this thread. He's the one who encourages me to keep going. I consider him to be a friend and I believe that posting my sets in this thread helps both of us. It's not as if I'm using Romances thread to make my sets more popular. I'm sure you understand I can make my own thread and have just as many posts in a short while.

I do believe, however, that the "togetherness" in this thread is what the GSC music scene should be about. I'm sorry if you have some sort of jealous, hostile issues with me as I have seen you disagree with my styles and practices in our culture before. Kindly stop posting hate in this thread as we were all having a good time until your recent posts. If you would still like to discuss this, please contact me through PM or AIM or any of my social networking sites. Thank You.

Romances, I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope this does not distort our friendship in anyway.

Whoa whoa, guys what's going on here? Kyle I did not see that last post you did there. It appears like kyle felt that my thread was being taken over with Rai's sets. I DID tell you Rai to start making more mixing because you are good and wouldn't release any. I don't mind not just Rai but any other GS.C DJ to post there mixes on here and discuss so we can enjoy our other DJs sets as well and critique. But we should also stay on topic for TRE for the fact that new songs are being played and I am having other DJs put effort on their mixes and take the time to do them. So if you could give them some credit as well for their effort and time.

Rai I apologize actually for the incovenience. I don't want anyone to feel pushed out or like they are invading my thread with their mixes. It's ok I did do this for that reason but at the sametime I don't want A DJ in general to come over here and start talking about their mixes only. But Rai you aren't doing that so your fine you can continue posting here just stay on topic as well.

Thanks again everyone and lets just have fun with everyones styles and sets. Enjoy the music and share the love NO FIGHTING please.

=D

plur

Whoa whoa, guys what's going on here? Kyle I did not see that last post you did there. It appears like kyle felt that my thread was being taken over with Rai's sets. I DID tell you Rai to start making more mixing because you are good and wouldn't release any. I don't mind not just Rai but any other GS.C DJ to post there mixes on here and discuss so we can enjoy our other DJs sets as well and critique. But we should also stay on topic for TRE for the fact that new songs are being played and I am having other DJs put effort on their mixes and take the time to do them. So if you could give them some credit as well for their effort and time.

Rai I apologize actually for the incovenience. I don't want anyone to feel pushed out or like they are invading my thread with their mixes. It's ok I did do this for that reason but at the sametime I don't want A DJ in general to come over here and start talking about their mixes only. But Rai you aren't doing that so your fine you can continue posting here just stay on topic as well.

Thanks again everyone and lets just have fun with everyones styles and sets. Enjoy the music and share the love NO FIGHTING please.

=D

That's my boy right there!

I'd also like to point out that when I heard TRE 001, I was not only amazed but shocked to see someone else on the other side of the country had the same taste as I did. Romances and I then discussed how we both agreed that progressive Trance was the shit.

I have listened to all the TRE prior to 007 and I have given Romancs my views on them. For someone spinning tracks for a short while, he is progressing quite nicely. in the future I will post my views here.

Romances, bro, I commend you again for bringin' us GSC DJs together. Thankz for the opportunity.

My 2 cents:

I think it's awesome to see so many talented people coming together for this. You all do such a wonderful job. Props to everyone!

Andrei: I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I think that you do a great job w/ TRE. I love it. I always look forward to hearing the next episode. I'm glad that you started the show. Oh and how about that live set sometime in the future from... The GSC house meetup. LOL

I am not that good at the whole critiquing part like people like nmestar99, U4ia, freque, ANDR3W, etc are but I will give it a try for the next one.

Rai: I think it's great that you are making mixes too. Great job and keep up the good work.

But... (you knew there was one coming)

This thread IS about TRE, so I think that it would be nice if people started commenting more and critiquiting more on TRE as well. I am guilty of this myself but as I previously stated, I'm not good at it. I'm gonna give it a try anyway. I think that's what was trying to be stated is that Rai was getting feedback on his mixes, and Andrei wasn't getting as much. Anyways, I'm just babbling now so I'm done. And I didn't post this so people can respond to what I wrote b/c I hate being yelled at. That's why I opened it w/ "My 2 cents"...

wtf guys seriously?

kyle i hear ya out man i know what youre trying to prevent, no one wants to be threadjacked, and i DO find it pretty ridiculous that everyone can find the time to download and listen to TRE but then suddenly never find time to post up and say what they thought, say what theyd like to here more of, demand there be "song of the week" that people submit to andrei PM or email; but that's now totally off-topic

but i also understand what andrei is starting and has started (more mixers HAVE started coming out of the woodworks) but my question is why havent any of these mixes been posted in our barren media center?

**andrei as soon as i get internet, i swear youll be the first person i talk to =)**

Hey Aaron! it's been a while! I can see why you haven't been on....

But as Sparrow has said, I would like to get some critique on the mixes, not how I mix them and what now that doesn't matter. I'm reffering to the song selection and order, if its nice and relaxing or for those hard trance sets if they keep you going. Do you like what you hear? Is there a specific song you'd like me to play? What's your favorite track? Etc. I made this show to get ALL GS.C DJs together and it's working because I definitely ALWAYS have a new guest mix every week and I have the DJs in line for next weeks episodes. I'm glad that's working out well and everyone is starting to mix again, mixing is a beautiful art and you can get very creative.

Now oh the threadjacking, no one is threadjacking right now and I told Rai it's ok to post his mixes here BUT to stay on topic as well. Let's not concentrate on just him, me or other DJ's BUT TRE itself. Which of course is a show that EVERYONE is involved in. I have the DJs making guest mixes and the listeners enjoy the music. If you don't like what you hear or have some favorite tracks let me know! This show is still new, its only been a month and a half. I'm still working on some new things and getting the latest tracks I can for you guys.

I've only had about three people tell me they listen and it's an awesome show. I would like to get some more people to tell me what they want to hear and enjoy. IF you have any song requests send them over and I will be more than happy to play them for you. I don't even know how many people listen but I'm working on getting ALL GS.C DJs known around here for their talent and style of music genre. Also would like to get serious with this and promote GS.C and our DJs and perhaps can do something bigger in the future.

Everyone get involved! Have fun enjoy the music we all love, learn the differences in music and listen to something different you have not listened to ever! Share the love and the fun, please feel free to PM me for ANY reason and our fellow DJ Guests as well. Thank You.

The Romances Experience - 007

http://tre.djromances.com/

Romances' Mix

1. Mike Koglin & Mark Pledger - All The Way (Nick Larson Remix)

2. Blake Jarell - Animal (Original Mix)

3. Galen Behr vs. Hydroid - Shift of The Ages (Hydroid Remix)

4.Johan Gielen - Okinawa Sunset (Andy Duguid Remix)

5. Signalrunners - Aria Epica (Bart Claessen Remix)

6. Kristy Hawksaw Meets Tenishia - Reason To Forgive (The Blizzard Remix)

7. Alex Kunnari - Lifter (JS16 Remix)

8. Cosmic Gate - Analog Feel (Extended Mix)

9. Vinny Troia Feat. Jaidene Veda - Flow (Gareth Emery Remix)

10. Above & Beyond - Can't Sleep (Original Mix)

U4ia's Mix

1.Lexwood vs Breakfast - I Love The Horizon (Eryc's Mashup)

2. Soliquid - Music is for Rich People (Soliquid's Belmondo Mix)

3. Andy Blueman - Nyctalopia (Onova Remix)

4. Shifted Reality & Santerna Ft. Tiff Lacey - On This Day (Abbott & Chambers Vocal Mix)

5. Andy Blueman - Time to Rest (Orginal Mix)

6. Matt Abbott vs. DSE - Far From Home (Original Mix)

The Romances Experience - 007

http://tre.djromances.com/

Romances' Mix

1. Mike Koglin & Mark Pledger - All The Way (Nick Larson Remix)

2. Blake Jarell - Animal (Original Mix)

3. Galen Behr vs. Hydroid - Shift of The Ages (Hydroid Remix)

4.Johan Gielen - Okinawa Sunset (Andy Duguid Remix)

5. Signalrunners - Aria Epica (Bart Claessen Remix)

6. Kristy Hawksaw Meets Tenishia - Reason To Forgive (The Blizzard Remix)

7. Alex Kunnari - Lifter (JS16 Remix)

8. Cosmic Gate - Analog Feel (Extended Mix)

9. Vinny Troia Feat. Jaidene Veda - Flow (Gareth Emery Remix)

10. Above & Beyond - Can't Sleep (Original Mix)

U4ia's Mix

1.Lexwood vs Breakfast - I Love The Horizon (Eryc's Mashup)

2. Soliquid - Music is for Rich People (Soliquid's Belmondo Mix)

3. Andy Blueman - Nyctalopia (Onova Remix)

4. Shifted Reality & Santerna Ft. Tiff Lacey - On This Day (Abbott & Chambers Vocal Mix)

5. Andy Blueman - Time to Rest (Orginal Mix)

6. Matt Abbott vs. DSE - Far From Home (Original Mix)

Romances man, we musta been separated from birth or some shit cause we're fuckin Trance Brothers. I got Okinawa on my set too. Haha. Hot. Peep what I did during the break. Isolator style man.

I didn't get to listen to your set all da way yet. I just skimmed through. Tracklist is fuckin dope! You got all techy and darker this time. Nice change.

The first track Mark Pledger - All the Way is hot and the way you came in with Blake Jarell - Animal was an awesome idea. It sounded real good but I think you faded a little too early though. I'ma give a full critique after work.

Here's my set, just recorded this morning right before work. (=OP I'm posting the link but it's still uploading. It should be ready for DL in like an hour.

http://www.gsccleric.com/~madraverrai/MadR...0Siren%2003.mp3

MadRaverRai - Speechless Siren 03

1)John O' Callaghan ft. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky

2)Daft Punk - Harder Faster Stronger(Deadmau5 Edit)

3)Mr. Sam ft. Kirsty Hawkshaw - Insight(Orange Project Remix)

4)Johan Gielen - Okinawa(Andy Dugid Remix)

5)Nic Chagall - What You need(Hard Dub Reedit)

6)Marco V - Possible but Unlikely

7)Joop - On Top of Things

8)Marc Van Linden with Greg Downey - What the F do You Mean

9)Pax Royale - There's Always Music(Signalrunners Remix)

10)Scott Mac - Installation Error-Limit Digital

11)Duderstadt ft. Kirsty Hawkshaw - Beautitude(Duderstadt Uplifting Mash Up Remix)

P.S. Romances we need to get that fuckin' DJ controller before April. That shit was sick!!! Oh and if you didn't DL beautitude on Trancetraffic yet do it man. Gonna be the hot new vocal. Trust me.

WerKkkkkk!!

do you guys think it'll be a good idea to submit these mixes into our media center? as sparrow has suggested?

i mean, they are already hosted, right?

do you guys think it'll be a good idea to submit these mixes into our media center? as sparrow has suggested?

i mean, they are already hosted, right?

Honestly bro, I DO NOT think my mixes are good enough to be media centered. So I dunno. I still feel like a noob. Not even a year's experience yet man. You don't get good till bout like two years, or so I'm told by DJ friends who are just nasty on the decks. They be spinnin at all the hot parties here in NYC.

I'd like to see what the other DJs in the thread have to say though before I make my decision.