Cleric

[Freehand]Glowsticking.com Fire Freehand '07

42 posts in this topic

File Name: Glowsticking.com Fire Freehand '07

File Submitter: Cleric

File Submitted: 8 Oct 2007

File Updated: 9 Oct 2007

File Category: Freehand Glowsticking Videos

I can not stress enough the importance of safety when it comes to using fire.

We used lamp oil which is by far the safest of fuels. The flames dont get as huge as it does with the more dangerous fuels. But we arent trying to be badass like that. We prefer to be safe.

Welders gloves were used. They Allowed the firesticks to be held for a reasonable amount of time. Eventually the gloves just got to be to hot.

Natural Clothing was being worn. COTTON. No fake synthetic material because it will catch fire quickly and not be good for you. We also had a fire blanket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OldManNYC made us some custom fire sticks so fire freehanding could be done. Previously thought impossible. He proved that freehand moves can be done just the same with fire as long as safety precautions are followed.

This video has MadRaverRai , Spazzman, and Ginseng doing all their sick freehand moves with FIRE.

Half of this was shot in my backyard and the other half was shot at the EC 07 meetup.

ONCE AGAIN SAFETY FIRST!!!!

Thanks to Tom Colontonio for allowing us to use his song Oxidize for the soundtrack

DJ TOMMY BOY. net

Tom Colontonio on myspace

Click here to download this file

Awesome!!! I bet some pictures of that would look so amazing... wow. I know I love doing fire poi but it takes real guts to do something like that

sick... still funny how OldmanNYC is used as an equipment... ;)

pretty sick track as well...

This is my second time seeing fire freehand lol

Thats sik though

great video! I especially loved the music B)

props to all, specially to spazzman for continuing even with a hand that's kinda caught on fire

dunno what else to say 'cept for: this is just pretty damn awesome

B)

The tracing with the fire looks crazy, that's some crazy stuff right there.

Good job, I like the fire freehand.

Alright, so the question is...

How much you want for these custom sticks?

Or how did you make them?

By the way, I love the typeo on "Proffessionals", it keeps it fun. B)

Edited by Daobobo

By the way, I love the typeo on "Proffessionals", it keeps it fun. B)

LOL yeah yeah yeah....

it's spelled right in the downloadable version

this video is ridiculously AMAZING! so much awesome stuff, the music worked really damn well with it too. personally i think the footage in the tunnel is prolly my favorite sequence, awesome stuff! :dope

sickkk jobbb raiiii ginnn and spazzzz.....andddd oldmannyc for makinnn it all posssibleee....u alll impresssed me a lot especially at the meetup...

That video is way too sexy.....seriously.

I am officially impressed. That was an amazing video. Yet again, you crazy freehanders on the East are pushing boundaries again. That was a very good video. It was nice to see almost a different sort of style out of each one of you, it was still you, but it was different just because you went a bit slower and were a bit more careful around the fire. I don't know which I like better, the glowstick style or the fire style, but either way it looked very good.

hell yes that shit is dope! i have freehanded fire before, but it was with little lamp torches that they use with poi. they werent sticks and you couldnt toss them, but could hold them w/out gloves. also were very limited in moves. maybe a combination of design will take freehanding to fire completely?

but great job guys, taking freehanding up to the next level!

Oh dear god, I have a new goal of life!

Wow that was beautiful!

-RG

very very impressive guys!! it looked as though the light of your soul was coming through your hands and you were manipulating it. unlike anything i have ever seen before and very very emotional, great form of expression, very beautiful

thanks for blessing us

As I told Rai before... sick sick stuff.

I was playing with some fire freehand with kevlar gloves the other week, as well as the death star wicks and fire staff I got. Ya'll beat me to recording it. :D

And old man, I hear you missed PDF this time around.