Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cray-Z Style

give me 4 more years!

7 posts in this topic

So I re-enlisted for 4 more years as a Cavalry Scout today! :D

I received a $8500 bonus, school option (semester of college w/o worring about military functions), and Air Assault school.

Woopy!! :D :D :dope:dope

Anyone else re-uping? What are/were your incentives?

thats all they gave you?? I would expect more for being infantry..

some dude from my unit just reinlisted as a reservist and they gave him 20,000 and a reclass to another mos..

So did they give you the whole ceremony or did you just sign the paper work?

what MOS did he reclass to? that makes all the difference in the world. if its a shortage mos then you get more money because they really need that mos.

and im a SCOUT not INFANTRY!! they wish they were as high speed as us! haha jp ;)

but yeah, we use to be a shortage MOS but alot of people reclassed into it for the money so now we're not. thats not the reason i re-enlisted though, its just a perk! i would have done it without the money.

well to re-enlist you have to have an officer swear you in and it has to be done in front of an American flag, so its more or less a ceremony no matter how you look at it. but it was only people from my platoon really because we had just got off mission

actually I was wrong.. they are sending him to another school but it wasnt in his contract so he got 20,000 to stay as an xray tech.

so for all those shoratages people talk about they are having no problem finding people for infantry? I never would have thought that. I guess money motivates..

sounds like a cool way to do it.

I re-upped last year for 6 more years. Got $15,000. Since I was stationed at Ft. McCoy, WI at the time (still am) we had the ceremoney at the SRC. Some people I didn't expect to show up, did. Bn Commander, A couple of officers, some other NCO's. It was pretty cool.

I re-upped last year for 6 more years. Got $15,000. Since I was stationed at Ft. McCoy, WI at the time (still am) we had the ceremoney at the SRC. Some people I didn't expect to show up, did. Bn Commander, A couple of officers, some other NCO's. It was pretty cool.

thats awesome man, whats your MOS?