Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dj-Dan

Inova Micro Lights!

30 posts in this topic

If it comes down to it, I have to buy these because I don't know if I'll be able to get photons. They are pretty similar though and are the only things I can find in my province but each cost 20$ canadian... :(

Inova Micro Light

My local drug store has them. They have many features, 4 function switch, strobe, low-high brightness, signal, are bright as hell, battery life lasts a minimum of 15 hours, and are really durable. But 20$each... :eek: plus glowstick tubes (wich I already have) and would cut them like Wes' sticks.

Please tell me weather you think I should use them to an aternative to Photons and would they maybe fall out of the stick during stringing? I already have been using Garrity lites from the Garrity lite sticks and they work good but I wana try something more like Wes' LED sticks...

Thanks.

Edited by Dj-Dan

Okay, it appears they would be fine... it all depends on how you would construct the tube... I think you could get it to work... seems like a pretty good product...

the innovas are good lights... i own a pair. i like 'em alot... i still perfer chem sticks... but for those times when i dont have a pair, i like to bust out the little LEDs... now, i dont use 'em in a stick or anything, so as far as whether or not they would stay in the stick or anything, i dont know.

first of all you can get these for $6.99 each at fry's electronics... and secondly, they won't fit like wes's style... you're gonna have to get something to hold it in... or make extra cuts on the casing... like my version right here IPB Image

but yeah it has that low beam effect which gives it a strobing effect... and on high beam it automatically turns off after 4 mins in case you're not using the light...

Ok thanks. Woah! Those look pretty nice though, but I really think 40$ is to much for them, I'd spen 30$max for a pair of them, especially knowing how cheap they are where you got them... Maybe an electronics store here has them. But wouldn't the plastic eventually plit where the extra cut where made?

Ok thanks. Woah! Those look pretty nice though, but I really think 40$ is to much for them, I'd spen 30$max for a pair of them, especially knowing how cheap they are where you got them... Maybe an electronics store here has them. But wouldn't the plastic eventually plit where the extra cut where made?

It haven't ripped for me since the only time I take out the photon is when I change batteries... the good thing is that it's a button activation...

well, anyways here's my old vid w/ the inovas My Old Handles Vid

Nice stringing! And yeah those are pretty nice but that strobe is baddass! :shocked:

yeah, just had to show you how'd they look in ledstick form...

hmmm are inova led's brighter than photons?

and wat mojo did u use in those sticks?

hmmm are inova led's brighter than photons?

and wat mojo did u use in those sticks?

the inovas are around like 8000 MCD @ 20 degrees... I think... but yeah, I usually replace the bulbs on them... for the mojo in that vid I just used clear silicone mixed w/ water...

ohk kool..

wo how about those leds now how much mcd are they and where di u get em from?

the bulbs that I use can be found at fry's... for this vid I was using the 10k blue and 10k white both at 15 degrees... but for the greens in my other vids are 18K at 20 degrees... which are fairly bright...

i love these LEDs, they are like imitation fat photon freedoms =]

i was actually thinkin of selling LEDsticks using these, kinda like how R3dl1ne makes his. ;)

and another way i make my own. those ones are gonna be 23 dollars for a pair if i ever do start to sell.

Edited by melvenorc121

i love these LEDs, they are like imitation fat photon freedoms =]

i was actually thinkin of selling LEDsticks using these, kinda like how R3dl1ne makes his. ;)

and another way i make my own. those ones are gonna be 23 dollars for a pair if i ever do start to sell.

you should definitely do it bro!!! it'll be a new hot item since they are the fat photon freedoms :P hahaha... you should try mixing up water and clear silicone for the mojo or get some of those fake water...

Please tell me asap: How do I know if the Inova Microlights have the 4 function mode thing (high-low beam, strobe, signal, etc.) Does it say on the package? The new models have it but I hear the old ones don't, how do I know wich ones are the new models?

Becuase the ones here don't say, it just says the thing on the front in the top right corner about it now having an On/Off swtich.

And on the back something like:

Effective to 28 Feet.

Water resistant.

Batteries quickly changeable.

Squeeze button and constant on/off switch.

Gold plated rust proof switch.

Crush resistant bulb and polycarbonate case.

One mile visibility.

The quality and commitment to innovation and the constant improvements in manufacturing techniques provide a state-of-the-art lighting tool every time.

I don't wana buy it and have it end up not having the modes, so please let me know on this.

We have these ones I guess: http://www.aimcal.org/awards/pix2003/Inova...light-large.jpg

I'm not sure whether those are the old or the new...

Old Models: Switch Activation meaning that there is a switch on the photon to turn it on and off...

New Models: Push Button Activation... to start activating the high, low, and strobe lights, press and hold down on the button until the light turns off (usually 30 seconds) *that's when signal mode turns off and the three other effects takes over....

inovas are good,my avatar is a picture the ones i made their not as nice as r3dlin3s but i just use them for freehand so i dont need the extra side things to secure them.

how i could tell if they were the new ones is if you test them in the package they stay lited up even when your not pushing the power button

inovas are good,my avatar is a picture the ones i made their not as nice as r3dlin3s but i just use them for freehand so i dont need the extra side things to secure them.

how i could tell if they were the new ones is if you test them in the package they stay lited up even when your not pushing the power button

So you're saying they are the new ones if you just have to push the button and it stays lit up? The ones here only stay on if you hold the push button. What a rip off, 20$ for the old ones at the drug store here...

Edited by Dj-Dan

well redline explained it well, there is another version of the inovas that have the button and tthe switch, but it wont have the strobe,blink effects. the switch is for it to stay on, and the button is so u can do mind games (quick on/off instead of flipping the switch which might break it)

Edited by ryanmangos

here's a little clearification:

NEW INOVA MODELS: Stays Light went pressing the button, no switch... since it was build in with a microchip it has 4 modes: SIGNAL MODE, HIGH LIGHT, LOW LIGHT (strobing pattern), and finally a STROBE LIGHT... Also, this photon is very durable...

OLD INOVA MODELS: Uses the Switch but also has a push button (great with photon mind games like ryan said)... These photons aren't really reliable because the components w/ in this photon tends to bend apart when colliding against each other...

Also, the newer version is a bit bigger than the old one because of placing in the chip... www.outpost.com <---Fry's Electronic's website... they usually carry a huge load of them...

here's a little clearification:

NEW INOVA MODELS: Stays Light went pressing the button, no switch... since it was build in with a microchip it has 4 modes: SIGNAL MODE, HIGH LIGHT, LOW LIGHT (strobing pattern), and finally a STROBE LIGHT... Also, this photon is very durable...

OLD INOVA MODELS: Uses the Switch but also has a push button (great with photon mind games like ryan said)... These photons aren't really reliable because the components w/ in this photon tends to bend apart when colliding against each other...

Also, the newer version is a bit bigger than the old one because of placing in the chip... www.outpost.com <---Fry's Electronic's website... they usually carry a huge load of them...

thats where i buy mine...fry's off the 60fwy in city of industry

haha i <3 my inova micro lights. but ne way...outta the blue but fuck redline ur new video on ur tag is tight haha i like the green strobe

haha i <3 my inova micro lights. but ne way...outta the blue but fuck redline ur new video on ur tag is tight haha i like the green strobe

haha, it was a vid I made in August after taking a 3 week break due to stuff that was happening... I would have done a better job but then I didn't have any routine or anything setted up... it was mostly random stuff and a bunch of repetition of certain stuff... but yeah, feel free to leave a feedback on this vid... either on youtube or in the media center because I remember posting this vid up there...

anyways, I wish that INOVA would come out w/ a rainbow photon... or try making the microlights a tad bit smaller...

anyways, I wish that INOVA would come out w/ a rainbow photon... or try making the microlights a tad bit smaller...

you can buy rainbow bulbs off ebay and change them into ur inovas.