Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rom30_six

WES's Glowstix

18 posts in this topic

Anyone here buy Wes's Glowsticks?

im planning to buy them i just want to see if i can trust him sending them once i send him like 40 bucks

And if they are good quality

and the Illumix ones on www.technomoves.com claim to be the same but they are like 2.99 for LED ones,

are they that good?

i never got those, are they balanced? and what kind of casing is used? any idea what the mcd is? ;)

the illumix is just like those garrity sticks... I wouldn't get them if I were to use them to freehand...

well here, in my opinion, i think Wes's LEDs are the best our for freehand, they are very durable, no wireing is inside the casing. its balanced for freehand. its weight is the same as a chemical stick. theres no liquid inside it. (all this is good for freehand).

but stringing, (dont forget this is just me, not EVERYONES opinion) i think that the way the photon is placed in doesnt work all to great in the long run. eventually with all the hard wraps, and poi and what not, wear out the casing the holds the photon in place. (for freehand that would not happen) and popping the photon out of the casing a lot might eventually wear that part of this stick out and make it so the photon pops out on its own while stringing. also with the tips, (not just for Wes LEDs, but for every LED stick) no matter what type of glowstick casing you use, [ex: ones with hook, cyalume, walmart type] they are eventualy gonna rip or break off, unless it is enforced by something. its just what happens with stringing. Maybe im just harder on my sticks than most other people are, but hey, this is just my opinion. Also with the imitation photon 2s, the prongs might get easily pushed out of place, which will require you to moce them around multiple times. (un screwing and screwing the photon open and closed). with banging around while stringing this could happen easily.

but dont think Wes LEDs are bad because of this.

i mean, he has 50,000 mcd LED sticks, which are extremely bright for an LED stick! also with the ability to take out the photon, allows you to put in different color photons! this is a very big plus side of the LED stick. instead of buying a whole nother stick from wes, you can simply buy his photons (or other photons). also wes's photons are pretty dam cheap compared to other photons. like his 50,000 mcd photons he sells at 25$ for a pair, and @ photonlights.com 50,000 mcd photons are 40$ for a pair.

[ dont forget, my opinion, not everyones =] ]

so its your choice =]

that's cool... IMO LEDsticks are a great tool since I tend to session up alot and turn off the leds when I'm taking a break unlike glowsticks, once you crack it... you can't turn it off... also, for change colors using different color ledbulbs... but yeah, there is that negative side of the sticks wearing out but it's all good... as long as you don't screw too much w/ taking the photon out of the casings and placing it back in then you'll be fine...

yeah, wes sticks are pretty bright... especially w/ those 50K MCD whites..

ive heard the illuminix arnt very durable and break easily. i seen kids at the club with em and they didnt work that great for wrap moves.

those sticks are more meant for poi... not really up for wraps and string manipulations...

hey, well i wouldn't say its hard to make those sticks, anyways, the sticks he uses suck for stringing i would say, my friends who uses those sticks, the tips rip off easily, but anyways, all u need are some LED lights, n a good pair of used dead sticks that has a string tip for stringers.

yeah, wes uses the stronger hooks on his ledsticks now a days... it's works pretty well for both freehand and stringing...

holy shit DO NOT BUY THOSE ILLUMINIX THINGS they are teh crappiest things ever especially if you use them for stringing I CANNOT STRESS IT ENOUGH OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

BUY WES"S STICKS TODAY

if you're gonna string... I heard that cmoney sticks were durable as well... but it's up to you...

cmoney's are pretty cool. I just ordered a pair of karmaraver's because as opposed to wes's and cmoney's sticks, the majority of the stick lights up (cmoney and wes's are bothabout 5inches of light.) I wouldnt suggest buying anything mass produced. LEDsticks need the love and care of a glowsticker to work the best.

cool... once you demo his sticks you should write a review about it... I would like to hear... but wes and cmoney's sticks are pretty cool already... and 5" of light works great as well...