Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melvenorc12

Show Off Your Combo!

144 posts in this topic

combothread.gif

Here is the thread where you can show off all of your new combos. You can only post Stringing clips here. Also of course you can comment/critique anyone's video in this thread. Have fun! =D.

By the way, I suggest all of you post your clips with our new embedding feature... Check it out here.

:arrow: Your sticks do not need to be lit, but of course it is suggested.

:arrow: Normally these videos are going to be pretty short, but if your combo ends up being like 3 minutes long, go for it anyway.

:arrow: Please don't spam non-glowsticking videos in this thread.

:arrow: You will be doing us all a favor if you embed :).

this is like the learning annex?

I guess you could think of it that way.

A one handed combo. I messed up the hand wrap things near the end of it and the alternate catching thing at the end.

damn that was some sick one handed wraps. makes me wanna try out one handed stringing again.

where's ur real stringing video btw? XD

damn that was some sick one handed wraps. makes me wanna try out one handed stringing again.

where's ur real stringing video btw? XD

Thanks =]. And that solo... honestly I filmed half of it... than school started haha. I'll still try to get the other half done soon.

Anyway, I might as well try to make a "breakdown" for that video because I'm not sure if everyone can see exactly what I'm doing at parts.

First I just do a bunch of basic wraps than at 00:04 I bring both hands in and spiral around them both (while strings still only attached to one hand) and do a double bicep wrap inside the spiral, which was inspired by jstudd's two handed double bicep wrap in spirals, this way only one hand gets the second wrap though. Than I do one of those common wrap/trace things, and I do a finger wrap which is lifted at an arch to create anti spin (not presented so well). Than I duo wrap onto the opposing leg while doing a bicep wrap from under. Than I duo wrap onto same bicep while doing another bicep wrap from under. Than basic wraps into wrapping alternately. I believe some people call these "chase wraps"? Anyway, after that I go into doing one handed single handed spirals while the other string is just swinging. Than I attempt to do a wrap inside the single handed spiral while wrapping the other string as well, which didn't turn out too well in the video haha, always messin' up on video =P. Than I do a continuous wrist trace thing while other string is swinging (It was supposed to be doing bicep wraps) into a catch where I tried to bounce it back and forth, which I also failed at -.-. Than my favorite move, air hump.

Awesome. This thread rocks. Brian mad sick combos. The one handed one is SILLY SICK. How long did you practice that one ha ha ha ha.

hahaha cheap brian, badass dance at the end man real badass.

sick one handed stringing though. ill go ahead and post a vid soon.

i wonder if it's possible to do one handed stringing with a pair of strings. so one in each hand. so handles but longer.

I do three string stringing. I will post a video of it in this thread later. 4 string stringing I can only do like spiral on each hand at once, or double bicep with spiral... and thats basically it haha.

lol funny thing about that ive seen brian do it before XP

I do three string stringing. I will post a video of it in this thread later. 4 string stringing I can only do like spiral on each hand at once, or double bicep with spiral... and thats basically it haha.

haven't seen 3 stringing in awhile aside from the august collaboration video. i remember clarence (cmoney) showed me some videos of SA people 3 stringing years ago which was pretty good. they seemed to be freestyling as well. i wonder if they actually kept up with it or got burnt out with stringing.

i look forward to ur 3 stringing footage.

i'd post some footage cause i've been coming up with some combos lately but i'm trying to save up enough combos for a solo video, and i on top of that i don't have a cam atm :P.

and yea, noticed that little wrap u did after the spiral that i showed b4. nicely implemented into 1 handed stringing.

doc: nice little wrap combo with that one hand spiral

melvenorc12: nice one hand combos... and nice little dance at the end ;)

cadayday: nice manip and that thing you did at the nuts ;)

biaaaaa!!!! lol. I love it.

"hi, hi I'm Cadayday"

and brian, you are most intense. I was like, Damn it, why is that boy so good.

I might jump on this even though I said I wouldn't...

-RG

lol thx guys i might post something again if i get anyhting newXP

I'll get around to posting something that I've shown a couple of few people... first, I gotta clean it up a bit more... :P

EDIT: It would be sweet to see some freehanding combos too :D

Guest Noubar

Cleric, are you a magician? You gotta show me how you do that. That's freakin' sweeeeet bro. I'll try to make a little somthin' somethin' later on.