Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KBLS N BITS

Guns/Weapons

57 posts in this topic

For sure, I'm a sucker for any kind of military hardware, even though I consider myself a tree-hugging hippie most of the time, I'm more like a tree hugging hippie with a gun. =)

HAHAHA! that really made me laugh, haha good one! :D

maybe we can go shoot when i get back to ky/southern in then? i have alot of ammo to get rid of hehe

GS.C meetup at the firing range! Lets go! Short straw gets to freehand while dodging bullets!

is there anywhere that we can just go shoot? or do we have to go to a range??

*shrugs* No idea, but I'm sure you could go out in the middle of buttfuck nowhere Indiana and shoot off a few rounds.

*shrugs* No idea, but I'm sure you could go out in the middle of buttfuck nowhere Indiana and shoot off a few rounds.

yeah i hear ya...well whatever works will be fine with me if your still up to it when the time comes

i think weapons and glowsticks will go very nicely together! haha

(like the new avatar pic btw)

l_67edd112d69199845255874a1446261d.jpg

hey EK, this is the best pic i can get at the moment..

this was taken off of a T-72 as we passed...but they mount them on gun trucks also. the problem is i think the IA around us is a armored division because there isnt alot of gun trucks around

...this probably wont help much, but i'll keep tryin! :)

Yeah, that's a PKMT, 7.62 round, not .50

Still a decent gun though, I think it's based off of the AK-74.

hey man, can you send me a link with a picture of a PKMT?

i googled it and all the pictures it brought up didn't look anything like the one i took, but maybe it's not bringing up the right pic?

hey man, can you send me a link with a picture of a PKMT?

i googled it and all the pictures it brought up didn't look anything like the one i took, but maybe it's not bringing up the right pic?

I'll just give ya the Wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKMT

I suspect it's just a modified version of that gun, mounted as a secondary machine gun for usage on the T-72, and other such APC's and tanks.

Though, I could be mistaken of course, as of right now, 'ol wiki's giving me this.

I'll keep looking it up though.

EDIT:

Ah, Davey Crockett, such a bad idea, but it WAS made into a good little plot device on MGS3. =)

I'll just give ya the Wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKMT

I suspect it's just a modified version of that gun, mounted as a secondary machine gun for usage on the T-72, and other such APC's and tanks.

Though, I could be mistaken of course, as of right now, 'ol wiki's giving me this.

I'll keep looking it up though.

Nah, I was right...it's a Russian made .50 cal HMG

dshk_hmg%20(1).jpg

It's a DShK, or "dushka" which means sweetie or dear.

I knew it wasn't a 7.62mm, it's barrel is too large...it's hard to tell in a photo though... :)

Here's the Wiki link to it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DShK

They mount them on the gun trucks also

EDIT: Damn I wish my internet was good enough for me to watch the nuke rifle video, what's it like Easy_Target?

Nah, I was right...it's a Russian made .50 cal HMG

dshk_hmg%20(1).jpg

It's a DShK, or "dushka" which means sweetie or dear.

I knew it wasn't a 7.62mm, it's barrel is too large...it's hard to tell in a photo though... :)

Here's the Wiki link to it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DShK

They mount them on the gun trucks also

EDIT: Damn I wish my internet was good enough for me to watch the nuke rifle video, what's it like Easy_Target?

Ah damn, 'twas close though, I could SWEAR it looks like a PKMT in that photo.

*shrugs*

Ah damn, 'twas close though, I could SWEAR it looks like a PKMT in that photo.

*shrugs*

Probably because their both Russian made weapons. They do have alot of the same characteristics, the DShK is just much bigger- which is hard to tell from a photo.

You got me on the right track though! Besides, I would have eventually asked about their 7.62mm MG... :)

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9938

WOW, I haven't been here in a while.

@Cray-Z: "This is a M65, 155mm, recoil-less rifle with a point zero one kiloton nuclear warhead on the end of it. The recoil-less rifle works from the rear. You load it back here, it fires a projectile up through, launching the nuclear warhead up to three miles. This giant rifle promised to make armageddon easy and portable. Nicknamed the Davy Crockett, you could take down more than bears. You can take down the entire forest, and then some. Its 51lb nuclear payload was two to four times more powerful than the ammonium nitrate bomb that destroyed the Oklahoma city federal building in 1995."

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9938

WOW, I haven't been here in a while.

@Cray-Z: "This is a M65, 155mm, recoil-less rifle with a point zero one kiloton nuclear warhead on the end of it. The recoil-less rifle works from the rear. You load it back here, it fires a projectile up through, launching the nuclear warhead up to three miles. This giant rifle promised to make armageddon easy and portable. Nicknamed the Davy Crockett, you could take down more than bears. You can take down the entire forest, and then some. Its 51lb nuclear payload was two to four times more powerful than the ammonium nitrate bomb that destroyed the Oklahoma city federal building in 1995."

LOLHAHAHALOL!!!!

the HK AR-15 is amazing! hahahaha i am still laughing over that!! thank you for that Easy_Target :)

is there a pic of that rifle? the nuke rifle? i might have to look it up, that sounds crazy as hell

LOLHAHAHALOL!!!!

the HK AR-15 is amazing! hahahaha i am still laughing over that!! thank you for that Easy_Target :)

is there a pic of that rifle? the nuke rifle? i might have to look it up, that sounds crazy as hell

No prob man

http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread...8&pid=13152

Well it was portable enough for troops to carry...besides "Nuclear RIFLE" sounds cooler than "Nuclear cannon," ya know?

yeah i hear ya, but i would still hate to be the guy carrying that bitch

yeah i hear ya, but i would still hate to be the guy carrying that bitch

lol yeah. But then again it's probably one guy for the nuke, three guys for the "rifle" hehehe