Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KBLS N BITS

Guns/Weapons

57 posts in this topic

Well.... Mainly just to get it out of the Picture thread I decided to make this.

So yeah. i guess we can all continue the discussion.

Plus! maybe the Barracks wont be so lonely with like 10 total threads lol.

Guest Duck

you might try linking this thread to the picture thread you mentioned, just a suggestion! =D

^Love means nothing when you've got a Thermo-Nuke flying into your city

As for Assualt Firearms, Gotta give it up for the AK103, Only Russia can make a Polymer Firearm that I'll actually like, though I do like the M4 carbine due to the fact that you can mod it for just about anything.

i think Duck was talking about putting this in the picture thread so that people can find it...not too many ppl post here

haha i just asked you in the pic thread where you put this, then just happend to come to the barracks haha...nice

and the M4 is an amazing weapon....less accurate and range than a 16, but as you said- so much more adaptive, and better for close quarter combat :)

Guest supraGlowString

oh.... oops

Well then,

How about those Silencers.... I hear they dont help much.

silencers have there time and place just like everything els..

pls there cool lol

Silencers don't help much? They suppress the sound of the gun, I'd say they work quite well. However, they have their disadvantages on rifles, since the suppressor replaces the muzzle break. With a suppressor, the gas is push out only one way, going forward. With a muzzle break, it distributes some of the gas out of the sides, making the recoil no where near as bad.

i think Duck was talking about putting this in the picture thread so that people can find it...not too many ppl post here

haha i just asked you in the pic thread where you put this, then just happend to come to the barracks haha...nice

and the M4 is an amazing weapon....less accurate and range than a 16, but as you said- so much more adaptive, and better for close quarter combat :)

an m4 is a 16 it is just the civilian version of the gun. no full auto.

an m4 is a 16 it is just the civilian version of the gun. no full auto.

not true :)

a civilian version of am M16 is a AR-15- the only differance is that it doesnt have 3 round burst (M16's havnt been fully auto since the beggining of our involvment in the vietnam war)

IPB Image

as far as i know, there isnt a different name for the civilian M-4- just M4 Carbine....but like the AR-15, it doesnt have 3 round burst

IPB Image

oNo:

With a suppressor, the gas is push out only one way, going forward. With a muzzle break, it distributes some of the gas out of the sides, making the recoil no where near as bad.

this may be true for silence suppressors but not for flash suppressors, which you referred to as muzzle breaks.

just to add to your discription of the way the gas is released; this is a quote from me in the post pictures about yourself thread

once a weapon has been fired the powder obviously burns, the velocity of the bullet pulls that fire through the barrel and out the end leaving a trail of fire or flash (due to its appearance at night).

the flash, depends on two things....quickness of the powder burn and the length of the barrel. If the powder burns fast, it burns up before it exits the barrel....if the barrel is long, it again burns up before it exits the barrel.

a flash supressor is designed with larger holes (for lack of better terms) at the end of the barrel attachment so that the fire (if its a slow burning powder, or at night) will dispence more places than just straight out of the barrels end. this allows for it to burn quicker with less flash, thus flash supressor.

so to really help this out, a extended flash supressor was added so that what didnt burn up through the extra length of the barrel would have a substainually less flash once it hit the open end of the supressor, if any at all

Suppressor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor

Flash Suppressor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_suppressor

Muzzle Break: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_brake

Everyone needs to do a little research before they post, to avoid invalid information and confusion.

Guest Duck

classic,,,,,,lol all you need to do is crack an ultra in the pic.

stick a cracked ultra in the barrel!

i guess the mis-communication came from how im use to classifying things. ive never called a silencer a suppressor because it gets confusing when talking about a flash suppressor. although i didnt know that it helps hide the flash also, thought it was just the noise of the shot. i guess it would make since because it extends the barrel so that it burns more of the gas before exiting.

the only rifles i've seen with muzzle breaks are high caliber sniper rifles (.50 cal) and the .50 cal machine guns the iraqi's are using (which i think are russian made?), unless you add them as aftermarket parts of course. so i really didnt know what its purpose was, i thought it was just a flash suppressor but made for higher caliber weapons :unsure:

assault rifles, like the M4 in your pic and mine, come with flash suppressors

i guess the mis-communication came from how im use to classifying things. ive never called a silencer a suppressor because it gets confusing when talking about a flash suppressor. although i didnt know that it helps hide the flash also, thought it was just the noise of the shot. i guess it would make since because it extends the barrel so that it burns more of the gas before exiting.

the only rifles i've seen with muzzle breaks are high caliber sniper rifles (.50 cal) and the .50 cal machine guns the iraqi's are using (which i think are russian made?), unless you add them as aftermarket parts of course. so i really didnt know what its purpose was, i thought it was just a flash suppressor but made for higher caliber weapons :unsure:

assault rifles, like the M4 in your pic and mine, come with flash suppressors

Honestly, I'm not sure about the .50 cal machine gun the Iraqi military is using at the moment, Time to dig into that real fast.

I'm quite partial to calling sound suppressor's "Silencers". Means less confusion with Flash Suppressors and whatnot.

Aslo, are you talking about the Gun on the Dzik-3? I'm quite sure that it's polish made, though I'm unsure about the other HMMWV's and other AFC's the Iraqi military uses, Though I think that the majority of the equipement used by Iraq is essencially US Equipment, though, don't quote me on that.

Perhaps you're talking about the secondary gun on the BMP-1? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-1

As far as I know, the secondary gun on the BMP-1 is just a modded AK47/74. using the 7.62 caliber round.

Though I could be wrong.

Hehe, no problem :)

The term "silencer" is incorrect terminology, which it is most refered to as. A suppressor doesn't completely silence a weapon, it only suppresses the sound. Another common use of incorrect terminology is for a magazine, which is commonly refered to as a "clip."

Our rifles don't necessarily come with any fitting on our barrels. There are M4's that come with no muzzle brake or flash suppressor, and there are some that come with either or. The fitting on the end of my barrel, which came stock, IS a muzzle break. I have gone through 3 different flash suppressors, and I didn't like one of those more than I did my stock muzzle brake. I'm not out at night claiming contracts on people's head, I just go out and have fun shooting shit. The muzzle brake has way more recoil compensation than any of the flash suppressors I had used.

The down side of my muzzle break is that you HAVE to wear ear plugs when shooting, or you'll get a ringing in your ear for 2 or more minutes, since the sound is directed out to the sides instead of out forward.

Wayyy too many weapons.

Im pretty sure all of those would be considered illegal in the sate of California.

Aslo, are you talking about the Gun on the Dzik-3? I'm quite sure that it's polish made, though I'm unsure about the other HMMWV's and other AFC's the Iraqi military uses, Though I think that the majority of the equipement used by Iraq is essencially US Equipment, though, don't quote me on that.

i'll get ya a picture the next time i go out and maybe you can tell me that way haha

and yeah, they use most of our stuff, except those POS bmp's & T-72's hahaha....

i love watchin our M1's roll past em and they just stare hahaha......and they always have like 6 dudes just hanging off the sides ridin down the road, its hilarious....but they try, gota give em credit for that!

hey oNo, can you get a close up of your barrel for me!? from your pic it looks just like mine, but i have a flash suppressor...im interested in seeing what a muzzle flash looks like on a M4, i've only seen em on the barrett .50 cal's and the iraqi weapons :)

i'll get ya a picture the next time i go out and maybe you can tell me that way haha

and yeah, they use most of our stuff, except those POS bmp's & T-72's hahaha....

i love watchin our M1's roll past em and they just stare hahaha......and they always have like 6 dudes just hanging off the sides ridin down the road, its hilarious....but they try, gota give em credit for that!

hey oNo, can you get a close up of your barrel for me!? from your pic it looks just like mine, but i have a flash suppressor...im interested in seeing what a muzzle flash looks like on a M4, i've only seen em on the barrett .50 cal's and the iraqi weapons :)

For sure, I'm a sucker for any kind of military hardware, even though I consider myself a tree-hugging hippie most of the time, I'm more like a tree hugging hippie with a gun. =)