Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaimison

LoveFest and Bootcamp

40 posts in this topic

Ok soooo,

I would have liked to get back from boot camp by Christmas but that's not going to happen. So I'd like to shoot for New Years. Only thing is if I do that I'd have to start October 1st which is cool with me. Except that LoveFest is the 29th into the 30th... lol. Now I'm down to hit up the party and then head to bootcamp. I just thought I'd get some other opinions before I sign, which I'm planning to do this week.

WTF are you signing for? RUN! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!

If you do go to lovefest make sure you dont do anything stupid.

They test you again right before you leave.

They have like a two week leave in the army during christmas. Im not sure if they do that in the marines but you might have to add that to your time in training if you already havent.

I would go to lovefest if I were you.

I know you wouldn't touch any drugs :P I'd say go to Lovefest and take lots of pictures and video so that when you're off in bootcamp you can look at them on the computer and remember the good times you had and the people that will always care about you!!

I miss you already buddy!!

Shelly, you're crazy if you think we won't hang out again. But either way, I am going to LoveFest. I guess I should have explained the predicament a little better. The first few days of boot camp there is like no sleep and I'd probably be leaving my house for MEPS(the place where we take the bus to MCRD) at around 4am.... Sooooo, LoveFest and then boot camp right after?

You can do it, it will add to the madness though. The few, the proud, the......... GSC!

Ok soooo,

I would have liked to get back from boot camp by Christmas but that's not going to happen. So I'd like to shoot for New Years. Only thing is if I do that I'd have to start October 1st which is cool with me. Except that LoveFest is the 29th into the 30th... lol. Now I'm down to hit up the party and then head to bootcamp. I just thought I'd get some other opinions before I sign, which I'm planning to do this week.

This is why I'm also pushing for all of us to take the train up there. You'll have a better opportunity to rest to and from Love Fest. I know that you will enjoy that better than riding in my small car watching trippy DVDs and me "attempting" to dance while driving the whole way up there. :P And if it helps, I have to be out of my apartment by October 1st meaning that I'm coordinating a whole move AROUND Love Fest!

Either way, you have to come back in time for TAO. And when you do, I'll only be living 10min away from you!

When is TAO? I get 10 days leave after basic, so I hope it falls in there, that or I'd like to have a meetup within those 10 days.

Ok so I spoke with my recruiter, and I sign on Wednesday. So, I'll officially know what day I leave.

Ok so I signed today! DEP contract has me leaving for MCRD San Diego on October 15th. But, I might be leaving sooner... like.... this month sooner... so that means..... no lovefest. Still talking it out with my recruiter and stuff. If it happens that I will leave sooner, I'll be back for TAO :D lol.

I'll keep you updated.

ps. I am really excited!

No missing Love Fest! I'll talk with the recruiter if need be! Grrr... heheh

good luck at boot camp man, its really not hard...more, its what you make of it, good training!

keep in mind its all mental, the drills are there to break you down so that you keep going to show yourself that you ARE capable....your gunna get smoked anyway, no matter what...they are gunna say someone fucked somethin up (which most ppl will anyway) just so they can destroy you haha....but most time even if no one messes up they'll still smoke you.....dont let it phase you! just look at it like good exercise for the PT test haha

wuts your MOS going to be?

Security Forces - 8154

it's like swat. Guarding embassy's and even fleet marine stuff. :D

thats pretty sweet...sounds like your gunna be traveling alot, hell you might even go to the embassy in iraq! haha jp

dont worry, its not so hot this time of year....unless im just getting use to it?? haha

have fun getting attacked.

and having the next 8 years of your life being on government contract. :)

good luck in boot camp.

You can do it, it will add to the madness though. The few, the proud, the......... GSC!

haha........i like this.........this should be our quote......rofl.

I know i sound over opinionated but ive been a reservist for 3 years so I just have a bad attitude about it some times.

I know i sound over opinionated but ive been a reservist for 3 years so I just have a bad attitude about it some times.

go active! you have a much better outlook on life haha

go active! you have a much better outlook on life haha

lol. My father is a Reservist aswell. I think Cray-Z is right. Reserves seems like it would be more of a hassle than anything since you part of your life is the military and the other part is civilian life. So I can just see how it would just get annoying when stuff one gets in the way of the other.

Now I'm sad... I'm gonna miss you! So I'll just keep your Aviators hostage forever!

muhahhaa, maybe then you'll be like... uhhh forced to contact me?

:)

-RG

I'll love you always kristen <3

But yeah here's the update, remember when I said I'd leave sooner? well... yeah... I'm leaving wednesday...

I'm going to give patrick's(wushu raver) number to my dad so that patrick will know when I actually get out and plan some sort of meetup. Because I'm sure after three months I'm going to want to see all of you guys, especially since I won't make Lovefest.

Good luck buddy, guess will see you when we see you, i'll hold off the fort! :smokin: Tao it is.

lol. My father is a Reservist aswell. I think Cray-Z is right. Reserves seems like it would be more of a hassle than anything since you part of your life is the military and the other part is civilian life. So I can just see how it would just get annoying when stuff one gets in the way of the other.

yeah, I know a lot more active duty that hate the military with more of a passion, but I would say on average Ive met way more reservists who talk badly about it. Like take this weekend for example, I had to miss my classes on friday just to sit in a class room and bullshit the whole day.

Last year I had to drop two classes and I got a C in another one just because of scheduling conflicts. After a few years the little things just start adding up and It really starts to piss you off.

Then you look around at all your friends and realize that you arent really any better off then they are and you start to question why you even signed up for this hassle to begin with.

Thats one of the reasons why I suggest that anyone who plans on going to college to do it before they sign up.