Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dj-Dan

Photographing GSing

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to get the trails in their photographs with a digital camera? I can't remember if it is only certain cameras that allow this and I can't remember what it's called when you have the trails, like in photos glowstringers you see the trails of light, of rivers it's all smooth, or sky photos the stars are all lines. Its when it continuosly captures the motion into one photohrapgh or w/e... Does anyone know what I'm saying? :wacko:

change the shutter speed to a longer duration, like 1-4 seconds.

change the shutter speed to a longer duration, like 1-4 seconds.

Yup thatll do it,the longer it stays open the more the picture catches.Usually I have it for about 2 seconds and any longer than 3 seconds will catch too much and your picture with just be a blur of color instead of the motion your looking for.:)

I was wondering the same this as the Original Poster myself. Thanks for the tip!

It also helps out a lot if you have a tripod, especially for 3+ sec. exposures.

Remember, the longer you keep the shutter open the brighter the entire picture will become, so dont try any crazy 30 second exposures :)

^^Definitely what StepHo says. Say you do a 4bt flower for 10 seconds. Every time you complete the flower over, the light trails get brighter and can actually make or break the picture. Here's an example:

IPB Image

Notice how every trail doesn't exactly cross over itself, but you still see every trail. Here's one where I crossed the trails over and over:

IPB Image

Ok thanks. But my camera still sucks for it. look at all the noise! It's a camera/video/sound thing so maybe that's why. Does anyone know why there is so much noise and how I could fix it?

IPB Image

What kinda of camera is it? There might be some kind of "scene" setting where it takes the picture while flashing to keep the light even. Good luck man, it is awesome to take pictures of that stuff lol.l

^ i'm not sure taking the picture with flash will turn out any better lol, but you can try it.

But yeah, what kind of camera is it? Sometimes grain shows up on longer exposures, but thats usually a *film* problem.

Grain pop-ups are always a problem with conventional film, especially if you're using speeds above around 800 to 1200.

It's a digital CREATIVE PC-CAM 900. 3.1 MegaPixels software enhanced. 4x Digital Zoom. Movie recording with audio.

Exposer doesnt help change anything (at least not in the dark). Zoom doesnt help. Flash probly wouldn't, i'll try it though... Changing the lighting setting to things such as Auto, Sunlight, Florecence, etc. didn't help. The noise seems to show up worse in darker photos. I think the noise (or grain) is because of the video and audio recording feature on it. Plus it can be used as a webcam. And I have never seen much noise on any other cameras, digital or film.

I actually have no idea whats up with all that grain. The video/audio feature of your camera shouldnt affect how photos turn out. Try looking through Creative's support/documentation. Sorry I couldnt help :/