Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ginseng

Supply Depot / Glowsticks Allowed Clubs

14 posts in this topic

East Coast Info

ADD POSTS AND I WILL UPDATE

Supply Depot, Promotor/Club Information

Where Can I buy Glowsticks?

post format goes like this:

name

addy

what they sell

store hours

directions

short description if you can

New York City

Paramount

52 W 29TH ST

NEW YORK, NY 10001

Sell all types of glowsticks, all for a dollar.

take the R to 28th then walk up one street via broadway, turn left and walk straight till u see the store, its got a black awning that says paramount on it, and glowsticks in the front window.

C L Lighting

317 Canal St

New York, NY 10013

across the street from Pearl Paint, a block or two from the canal st train station in chinatown. it's towards the car audio, no the chinese part of canal they sell glowsticks, but their selection is slim at best. they do sell 12" sticks though. site it mentioned for their good prices and selection of photon microlights (II & III). they don't have purple though ;\ i'm pretty sure they close at 8 for most of the week, have to confirm.

sticks

12" - $3.00 i think

6" - $1.50

4" - $1.00

1" - $0.50?

photons - $16.50

Iceberg Army & Navy

???? Broadway

New York, NY

2 blocks up broadway from the canal st station, down the block from yellow rat bastard. normal price for photons, glowsticks 3 for $5 + tax with decent selection of colors. they're also always in stock. i (rymel) go here for sticks. they close around 7, but varies by day.

6" sticks - $2.00, 3 sticks for $5.00

photons - $25.00 (ew)

Plasticland

??? Canal St

New York, NY 10013

mentioned only for the sake of options. they have an ok selection of sticks, and they close around 8 too which is good for last minute sticks. not sure of price or selection though.

6" sticks - $1.50?

Tickets

Spinfoil.com - for party info and online tickets.

Satellire Records 259 Bowery New York, NY 10002 - good selection of vinyl, and of course party tickets. cheaper service fee than spinfoil.

49c

New Jersey

-store is in 43 st and bergenline ave

-they only sell 8 inches glowsticks

-go to union city and walk up bergenline avenue till 43 st

the store will have a yellow sign with a " 49c store" in red on it

What Clubs Allow Sticks?

Atlanta

• Opera (formerly eleven50) - Status Unknown
Miami
  • Crobar (miami): freehand allowed (depends on the crowd for stringing)
  • Space (miami): freehand, no strings
  • I/O : both stix & lights (not sure about stringing)
Boston
  • Avalon Boston - Special events and big name DJs only
New York City
  • Avalon - Freehand allowed (now closed?)
  • M Bar - Allowed
  • Sin Sin - Allowed
  • Lickwed - Allowed
  • The Lobby - Allowed
  • Club Exit - Allowed (so far)
  • Pacha - Not allowed
  • ROXY - Allowed Closed
  • Spirit - No if it's packed, less crowded might be ok. Closed
  • Studio Mezmor (formerly known as Crobar)- Allowed Closed June 30, 2007
NYC closings compiled through Zagat, Clubplanet & Google.

Philadelphia

• Shampoo - Everything allowed.
  • Emerald City - No strings (crowded), freehand allowed.
  • Transit - Stringing in a cirlce is allowed, freehand is allowed.
  • Bamboo Bar - Allowed
Washington D.C.
  • Glow - Not Allowed
  • 411 Parties - Allowed
  • Phoenix - Allowed

Where Can I buy Glowsticks?

dollar tree(anywhere, cheepest), home depot, walmart....lots of places

post format goes like this:

Dollar Tree-anywhere $1 for one 6", $1 for two 3" & $1 for tube of 16 bracelets

Amphitheater

7th Ave.

Ybor City(Tampa), FL

Night-Friday or Saturday

Fee-usually $12 unless theirs a big DJ then it's prob $24

They allow sticks and lights on ground floor, you can't string unless they know you and you show them your safe. Heres a tip, go early, like 9:30/10pm, go on the rotating dance floor and show what you got, kinda like a friendly competition demonstration, save your stringing for last, do that, show what you got, they'll probably like you and let you string, but don't just walk in there and string, they don't like that. No sticks on second floor VIP, gives fuzzies wrong idea.

Nightmoves II

Baeras(bare ass) & n. nebraska

Tampa, FL

Night-Friday or Saturday

Fee-free if your alone, $20 if not

After hours club, they don't care what you do, just don't get into trouble...i even danced with glowsticks in socks(directly off my feet) and they didn't care.

The Castle

Palm Ave.

Ybor City(Tampa), FL

Night-Saturday

Fee-sometimes $4 sometimes $5, $10 on big nights

This is mostly a gothic industrial club on Saturday nights, but they like glowsticks and lights, glowstrings be careful but as long as your in a semi-open space, all is well.

Firestone

Orlando, FL

Night-Saturday(don't know about Friday)

Fee-a few dollars

The night I went in February it was kinda dead so glowstrings were cool then, don't know how they react normally though, sticks and lights they don't care. We were the only two stringing and it was so dead in there that like four people joined in, thank god for extra glowsticks.

Enjoy!!....--Star

theres two shops in elizabeth center in chinatown of manhattan

one sells cylumes for 2 bucks each and another sells like a tube full of a variety of glowsticks for 5 bucks.. never tested but i just noticed it recently

In Virginia you can get glowsticks in pretty much every dollar store or Party City you pass. I would provide addresses, but thats a lot of stores. I don't know where else you may be able to purchase them.

Would anyone have more information on more clubs in Washington, DC?

I also find it funny that a place called GLOW doesn't allow glowsticks.

anybody know where i can buy green or aqua ultras (as in a walk in store) i dont think i'll be buying the ultras from paramount anymore >had a bad experience<

anybody know where i can buy green or aqua ultras (as in a walk in store) i dont think i'll be buying the ultras from paramount anymore >had a bad experience<

thats not going to happen any time soon..

those are special glowsticks..only sold online...around here..

and bad experience?????

thats not going to happen any time soon..

those are special glowsticks..only sold online...around here..

and bad experience?????

the hook easily breaks and it snapped off like right after i started stringing like 30 seconds into the crack =( and once it snapped off and hit me in my eye >.< hurt like hell, thats why i want some extremeglow style sticks but if i order them today i know im not gonna have then by tomorrow or saturday.

the hook easily breaks and it snapped off like right after i started stringing like 30 seconds into the crack =( and once it snapped off and hit me in my eye >.< hurt like hell, thats why i want some extremeglow style sticks but if i order them today i know im not gonna have then by tomorrow or saturday.

they do have that style of GLowsticks...just not High's or ultras...there a certain way we use to cut those Cylamues...il show u at the meetup.

"dirty dancing"

go to a highschool prom... not even a club or a concert... high school prom. yea.

they do have that style of GLowsticks...just not High's or ultras...there a certain way we use to cut those Cylamues...il show u at the meetup.

ok

Would anyone have more information on more clubs in Washington, DC?

I also find it funny that a place called GLOW doesn't allow glowsticks.

I used to live in DC a few years ago. GLOW isn't exactly a club, it's more like an event one night a week at a club. Most recently its been at Fur but it used to be at Ibiza. They have big name DJs all the time. Armin van Buuren was actually tonight. I used to bring sticks into Ibiza with me all the time, they never had a problem with it. I've also brought sticks to Fur without a problem. I don't think they would let you string though.

Check it out though...

www.clubglow.com

*I know some people down there still, i can probably get you on a guestlist or something if you need.

I heard that Pacha was allowing freehand again but that may be a rumor