Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stepfr33k

NOVA Thread !NEW!

900 posts in this topic

As long as you are cool with GSC and the morals and beliefs here you are more than welcome to join us at any meet-up. We usually post them here, and we also talk through IM and cell phone.

I never knew so many more existed. We definitely have to pull off the big NOVA meet-up now.

I'd love to get out there for a NOVA meetup.

You could count me in if it were in DC, but that about as far as i can get.

I'm stuck up here in HoCo Maryland

If anyone's planning something for DC (possibly on the mall?) drop me a line:

AIM: have a cigar 313

Why don't we all plan for a strictly glowsticking meetup? We could do it some weekend, as long as it's before AUSA. Or we could do smaller sessions with people that live closer. I just think it couldn't hurt to brush off the dust before con rolls around, and it looks as though we've got a few new people checkin' out the forums. So...anyone down for a meetup? We can hammer out the specifics later.

I know me and ticktock are down for a meetup =]

on a side note...I gotta admit, I kinda wanna go to AUSA. I'm not into anime, but I really like that band Back-On. =P

Why before then though? Are you going to stick at the con?

Keep me informed as well. If it matches a day I have time I would def drive down with some nyc people.

Tetris: We'd love to see you and ticktock come to a mettup. The more the merrier. We're very loose about the date, so if you have any available weekends that would make it easier for both of you to attend, just say so. Yeah, we like to hold meetups about once or twice a month, especially before any raves or cons to brush up and make sure we're on our best game. Yes, we definitely stick at the con, both nights. We're not all into anime either, some just go for the dances each night. And yes, Back-On is great.

Cleric: I'll keep you posted. Oh man, we've been dyin' to meet and stick with you guys for such a long time. And the same goes to you and your NYC people, if you have a free weekend coming up, tell me, and we could try to plan around it. And even if I don't get to see you here, Shelter's just around the corner.

I go to con's for more than the raves. Don't get me wrong, I love glowsticking in the smaller and more controlled circles, but I also check out the AMV's, the game tournaments, and the artists.

It sounds like we are finally gettin things more solid around here. We should start working on some dates and posting them to see who can be where and when. I would like to meet whoever I can from NY. Several of you have been a big influence to me, and to meet you guys in person would be awesome.

I can pretty much make any weekend as long as it's somewhat local and I get plenty of notice so I can take off work. As long as I don't have some sort of special occasion going on I could always make room for a meet-up.

Hey everyone, i'm new to GS.C. whatsup?

i started doing freehand about 2 weeks ago and i love it. i still wanna try stringing but for now im sticking to what i know :D

a couple of friends have told me about a NOVA meet up and i think im gonna go with them.

I noticed we have a lot of new members who are in or near the NOVA area. This is definitely awesome and I can't wait to meet some of you. I just want to make sure everyone has read the cultural articles and read some of the topics on the GS.C Culture thread. I can't stress enough how important it is. It fills in a lot of blanks and presents information that many people do not know until they are linked to them. You can learn a bit about how GS.C is run, expectations, and morals. Seriousness aside, I am down with meeting everyone and interested in seeing new free handers.

Yeah lifestream, hyperion and I are all in a group of friends that's actually much larger... we should try to get some of the other guys on here. Anyhow, can't wait for a meet-up.

hey everyone, how's it goin? I see some new faces here...

Echo, that meetup a few weeks ago was supposed to be for strictly glowsticking, that's why I was disappointed. But anyhow, I would be more than willing to host almost any weekend, but it is stressful because I have to take a lot of time to clean my house for my guests. Honestly, I don't think we've been meeting up enough and it's really exciting to see everybody raving about it on here.

With all the new members/old members we havent met up with I don't think I have enough room in my living room. We would definately need another place, if possible, figurefour's garage. That seems ideal with all of the extra people we'd be meeting up with.

I'm a bit busy this weekend, considering next weekend is A USA and there is some stuff I need to get done, but sometime after A USA I would love to host a meet-up at my house (as I usually do)

Anyway, I'm really excited to meet all of the NOVA glowstickers I have yet to cross paths with, I think it would be awesome for all of us to glowstick together. Especially with Cleric and some other NY glowstickers, that would be one amazing meetup.

So, for sometime after Anime USA I will host a little meetup at my house, but with all of these new people we really need to plan a later, larger event. My living room really isn't that big...hehe.

Anyway, I hope all of you take care!

So, the basic question here is...where is a place that we can glowstick with enough room? If any of you new members have a good amount of available space, we can come to you. And if some of you newcomers are gonna be at Anime USA, speak up, 'cause we can meetup there and get our dance on.

well hyperion and me were talking about it a few hours ago and he's willing to have it in his garage if there's no one else that can have it

that is, if you guys are cool with it and if you guys are cool with driving over to Sterling

That'd be perfect!! Does he have a stereo or would we need to bring one? We have one, that isn't so very portable, but we can still bring it.

If it was planned out ahead of time, we could definately drive there, even tho it's a bit of a drive. I think it would definately be worth it!

But, also, we may have a nice big roomy garage here in Falls Church (and the stereo practically lives there haha) so I'm gonna ask Figurefour about it and get back to you all.

=) <3 This is truly all very exciting!!

It would be amazing if you new NOVA stickers could make it to Anime USA...A USA's dances have such a great quality for GSC glowstickers. It'd be fuckin sweet!!!

anyway, peace!

Yeah we have speakers and everything, you'd just need to bring your Ipods if you want certain songs =]

It's cool to see everyone organizing so quickly.

I'd recommend you guys bring music because I don't feel comfortable leaving it up to Hyperion... haha.

I hate to say it but he's right.

Scott (hyperion) would just play a two hour Armin Van Buuren track.

:lol:

jk.

meh, I'm not. I pretty much need two weeks so I can request off because I usually work weekends. Depending on when though, a convenient fever might be in my future.