Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stepfr33k

NOVA Thread !NEW!

900 posts in this topic

Whatever the meetup is, I'm down, but since I won't have my own ride I'd prolly be comin up on a friday night and need to borrow someones couch till sunday? (Damn, I miss ben lol)

The weekend of the 20th works for me I just wanna practice some more. I've been workin hard on my own but I seem to get bogged down after a week or so goin by myself. So count me in just keep me posted I'll need to request off for a night or two.

I won't be free Friday, Feb 20th ><. It's my 18th birthday (WOOOOH) and I'm hitting up the clubs with my brother and possibly some friends of mine.

D: can we do it the weekend after? I wanna dance with everyone sooooon. =)

i love u know kids but u guys kill me email with facebook -_-. it's ma bad for not fixing it any way i miss hearing some sweet tunes with the gang. soon i hoope

I'm in Richmond, so any places I have aren't really of much use but I'm glad this is still goin down I've been practicing alot so let me know when their's a dat floating around I'll be back to check the post regularly I'm the last 'person to post on the nova meet up thread so I was wondering what was goin on....let's figure this thing out

im down their once a month 1two be with my girl friend your guys down really go allout when it comes to dressing up.

im down their once a month 1two be with my girl friend your guys down really go allout when it comes to dressing up.

Man if you know of any parties goin on around here let me know I thought I was the only person that got down around here hit me up on here before the next time you come down and maybe we can meet up. I have a couple friends that practice stringing down here, I do string but for the most part I freehand. It would still be cool to get up.

HEY GUYS!!! I couldn't really think of a thread for me to find you all in one specific place apart from this one. And I noticed that this thread was kinda falling back a bit so I decided to bring it back.

I basically just wanted to say hi to all my DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) peeps. Particularly the ones I have already met. MGR, Groove, Jamison, Taro, Shinoni, Stepfreek, Key, AUDREY, and all my other con buddies :D I MISS U GUYS MAN!!! Seriously, I do. I can't wait to see you guys again. And I DON'T WANT to wait until freakin November (Anime USA) to see you all again. We HAVE to try to meetup sometime. I may be busy with all my wedding plans. But rest assured, once I get my own place, I DEFINETLY want you guys to come over to chill :D And ya'll BETTER come!!! Or else, or else...YEAH!!! LOL!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Miss you all. Hit me up sometime on my myspace. Or call me sometime. PLUR!!!...

NOVA!!! damn leave GS.C for 2 years and NOVA finally stands up LoL. Right now I'm stationed at Ft.Riley Kansas but if I can get some leave time around a time you guys decide to meet up I'd love to join you guys. I have been sticking but havn't been in any vids since 2005 at the NYC meet in April. I'd love to get together with some NOVA freehanders and see what styles are happinin in the CAP. I really miss being in NOVA due to all the great shows in DC such as Tiësto, Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyke, ATB, Paul Oakenfold, Tiësto, Ferry Corsten, TIËSTO!!!!... I think you get it LoL. But yeah, feel free to message me on yahoo REWAND@yahoo.com or on MSN REWAND@live.com and give me a heads up about meet-ups and such. And of corse feel free to drop me a PM here on GS.C... I'm glad to be back, and even happier to see NOVA has representation in this forum.

since schools over for now we and begain the Gsc quest.

Wow... I feel so sad. I haven't been on here in so long. We need to do some insane hanging! I miss everyone! I got school till June 6th. End junior year with SAT subject tests (goes off and cries). Anyways miss everyone! Need so serious planning and some sort of meet up planned soon!

Yoh. ^^

Yeah, im finishing up with my senior year on june 16th, so we should have a 'Schools Out' thing soon.

Glad to hear from ya key :D

... 'sup. Non-NOVA-er here but I should be seeing some of you guys at Otakon, right?

Ugh I need to hop on here more.

I've been trying to fiddle around with my freehand but I feel so lost. I still haven't even dabbled into stringing yet. :thumbdown: I feel so behind due to all that damn rain screwing up most of my "outside training time"

hopefully I can be at Starscape or something.

Geez, about TIME u guys respond to this thread. I posted a comment on this thread like almost 3 months ago and no one ever responded until recently. I was starting to think you guys dissapeared or something, lol. Glad to know your all still alive :D, lol.

I miss you guys too man. I hope we all get to meetup soon again. Even if it's not for glowsticking. Just to get together and hangout a bit would be great. As some of you know, I'm getting married in August. So all of my funds gotta go to the wedding. So I can't really attend Otakon or Starscape...again :(, lol. Which is why I'm emphasising trying to meetup even if it's not for ocassions of Glowsticking. Because for these big events, I can't make it. Although, my fiancee and I recently moved into our own apartment over here in Suitland, Maryland. And our apartment complex has a party room. So for my birthday, if we can get enuff people to come, I wanted to see if I could rent the party room and have all you guys come over and we can throw down. Sound good? :D Although my birthday isn't until November. So it may be a wait, lol.

Also, if any of you guys want to come to me and Sheila's Wedding let me know soon. Cause you guys are definetly invited. Just let me know in advance so I can save some spots for you guys.

Apart from that, I haven't been up to much. Like I said, I moved out and got my own place now, working, getting ready for the wedding. Nothing new. I DID bump into Greg (ShinOni) at the Blossom festival a few months back. Which I thought was pretty funny, lol. And speakin of which, for all you who have xbox live, add my gt. Which is: Colonel Hotshot. But ONLY add me if you plan on playing some games with me online, ok? Not like GREG who I added and he NEVER played a SINGLE game with me online despite the fact that I sent him like 10,000 game invites, lol.

That is all for now. I love you guys!!! Miss you all. Hit me up on myspace and have a good weekend!!! PLUR!!!...

paco whats up we do need to chill and as for the freehanders im one but im not from nova but can i still come. hit me up people i have been kinda working on some new stuff. need help witht the flow tho

Shoot, I haven't had time to practice NUTTHIN, lol. But then again after I graduated high school I never really practiced as much. Just never really had the time to. Especially now since I got so much on my plate. A soon to be wife, a son, my own place, a wedding, a job, etc., etc. I just don't have time to practice anymore so I just stick with what I've learned and MAYBE learn some moves that aren't to hard to learn along the way.

Which kinda makes me feel bad cause you all got time to practice and so when we all get together you all have learned these awesome new moves that show me up. So that's why I don't really like going in the circle to much anymore cause I keep doing the same things over and over while you guys are doing all this new stuff and it makes me feel like a newb, lol. SHOW-OFF's!!! LOL!!!

But yeah MGR, we DEFINETLY gotta hangout sometime. I'm in Suitland. So all you gotta do is take the green line towards Branch Avenue and get off at Suitland station. BTW, did any of you guys see the videos I put on my myspace from Katsu?

my bad about the live bit Paco. I'm too much of a fighting game freak and recently it's been too much of it. So I kinda ignored a lot of L4D and other games I need to finish.

LOL, it's all good bro. I was just teasin ya :D I know that your a Street Fighter 4 freak, lol. I actually got to play that last weekend. It is HARD as hell. So I'll just stick to playin UFC Undisputed. I'm pretty good at that, lol. Do u have that game? And yeah man, u need to play L4D with me and my buddies sometime. It's fun as hell. Especially Versus mode. And u too Step if ur reading this! I know u have L4D. Gimme ur GT when u get the chance. Mine is: Colonel Hotshot

Oh and btw, just to let u guys know, my wedding is being postponed :( Most likley until early next year. Possibly January or February. I don't like it one bit. But hey, that's money for ya. But on the bright side this gives us time to pay for everything as opposed to getting loans. And also, this MAY mean that I MAY actually be able to make it to Otakon. But don't hold ur breath, ok? That's a HUGE maybe. We'll see, lol.

That's all for now.

Hello! So I've just recently moved to Alexandria, Va and was wondering about the scene around here. My two friends I live with are into glowsticking as well. I'd love to have more people to hang out and glowstick with, especially since I don't know many people here.

im from maryland but i drive to va alot to see friends and you got the nova kids you can deff chill with them but yeah when ever you wanna chill and get some practice in let me know

What kind of events even happen in the DMV? I went to Fur (prior to their move) and saw Schultz and Deep Dish a couple of times. When I went there was a guy messing with a couple of photons. More of an every 5 minutes or so he would do some quick freehand type stuff. I got the feeling he knew the bouncers were watching him.

Are there any clubs in the area that allow for freehand/stringing? God I haven't been in a really long time myself but maybe worth the visit.

Good luck with the wedding plans. Doing mine myself and sitting about 8 weeks out right now. The vendors want their money...

What kind of events even happen in the DMV? I went to Fur (prior to their move) and saw Schultz and Deep Dish a couple of times. When I went there was a guy messing with a couple of photons. More of an every 5 minutes or so he would do some quick freehand type stuff. I got the feeling he knew the bouncers were watching him.

Are there any clubs in the area that allow for freehand/stringing? God I haven't been in a really long time myself but maybe worth the visit.

Good luck with the wedding plans. Doing mine myself and sitting about 8 weeks out right now. The vendors want their money...

I dunno. I recently found out they have dress codes, and I'm not cool with that, so I haven't attended anything round here. I definitely plan on attending shows in the Baltimore scene though. If you wanna hang out and glowstick sometime though, I would totally be down. Or even play some video games or just whatever, I'd love to meet/hang out with new people.

Yeah, the dress codes are pretty funny. However, you are in a location now that in PG county the GO-Go shows get a lot of gang violence, or used to. There haven't been many reports as of late on that but there were times of a lot of stuff going down in PG county.

did all of you guys that used to spin in nova just stop or die or something?