Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epsilon Kias

Staff, Juggling, Yo-Yo's, Devilsticks, Etc.

8 posts in this topic

Anyways. I've been wondering. Who else does this sorta thing? I've been staffing for around 1 1/2 years. Been working on doubles a bit recently. Contact is my life though.

I recently learned how to do the "Jesus" Verson of a normal halo roll. I've aslo been working on diffrent neck-roll combinations amongst other stuff

I've aslo been learning how to do doubles. It reminds me alot of club swinging. But it takes getting used too... I've got a nice bump on my head from a little screwup with a toss =D

I've aslo taken up juggling. I can juggle 3 balls, 5 clubs and 3 rings. I like clubs the most cause the weight is very much like poi. And my poi is mainly wibbles and tosses and the like, so it's very natural to me.

And I really wanna learn how to use Devilsticks. I just need to get some extra money and buy me a set =D

Anybody else learning circus props/Fire stuff?

I'm into staff, can't do much contact stuff because I don't have a real weighted staff.

Where did you buy yours or did you make them yourself? Because the price for like a 4' staff at HoP is around $120 (like $50 shipping, which is more than 80 percent of the cost of the actual staff)

i use to yo yo. like when i was in middle school. i know the basics like walk the dog, around the world, ufo, cradle, and a bunch of string pictures. but i no longer do it.

I made my Practice staff from PVC pipe insulation, Tennis Grip and masking tape.

I'd cut two equal sides of Pipe Insulation and tape them to the ends of the PVC to give it a bit of weight.

The rest SHOULD be self explanitory

As for my fire staff.

http://www.luxotica.com/shop/detail.cfm?id=42

5 ft long staff with 3 inch wick. It works pretty well for contact and all around twirlyness.

I aslo have a pair of 4 ft staves I made from PVC for doubles. When I get the money, I'll probably just make a pair of them. I got some extra wicking and some aluminum tubing around.

allright... yes, I am planning on teaching myself as soon as I get materials.

Devilsticks and juggling, yup. Do a little bit of staff, but more for my flexibility than anything else.

I do a bit of staff, doubles and single.

I just suck at doubles with my flexibility and freedom of movement. I'm still working on it.

On single staff, i mainly do contact. I also have a weighted pvc pipe staff. I want to get a real nice contact innercore staff from HoP that breaks down into 3 pieces, but it's so expensive (could make 3 poi sets for that price)

Yeah. It's cheaper to just make your own staff than to buy one from HoP unless you get like... A pair of those short sticks for baton style twirling.

But if you dont wanna make a fire staff. Just get the staff I posted up above from luxotica when they open back up. Shiping shouldnt be so awfull seeing as they're based in Canada.