Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xdanx

i need help in btb 3bt weave

19 posts in this topic

i have never seen a tut or btb weave. but homeofpoi.com might but i have no clue. i learned it by watching vids over and over and trying to slow em down. try that.

Umm here you go maybe this will help maybe not.

It looks really sloppy 'cause I was using wal-marts LEDs and they're alot lighter than Im use to. But hopefully it gets the point across.

aaaaah its times like these that make me love glowsticking!!! I could swoon, a tutorial for a move im working on and totaly stuck on that has steps to it other then just someone doing the move...swooon... :biggrin2: thank you!

the tutorial rocks indeed and has been very helpful, but i come back to the thread to ask how i can stop hitting myself in the face!!! i keep trying and i admit im slowly getting there , but i kind of dont like it when suddenly my glowstick whacks me in the face during this learning process. Im only kind of concerned as i wear glasses.

the tutorial rocks indeed and has been very helpful, but i come back to the thread to ask how i can stop hitting myself in the face!!! i keep trying and i admit im slowly getting there , but i kind of dont like it when suddenly my glowstick whacks me in the face during this learning process. Im only kind of concerned as i wear glasses.

the soultion is simple ...............

shorten ur strings so it hits ur shoulder and not ur face

lol dam that blue to white strobe effect on those sticks are tite lol. even tho they are walmart sticks ;)

the soultion is simple ...............

shorten ur strings so it hits ur shoulder and not ur face

aaaaah why didn't i think of that...ohwell guess the blindingly obvious isnt always noticed!

To save your face you could also work on the forward btb weave (this is the reverse btb in the tutorial) this means that if the sticks hit you, they're going to hit the back of your head instead :P

tips for btb in general:

When starting out, go sloooooowly. Get it into your muscle memory, or get hurt. That simple.

lean forward when first learning; this will also help protect your head area somewhat. It helps a lot.

Sway from side to side (this was already mentioned)

If you're interested in the forward btb and nobody posts a tutorial by the end of the day or so, then I'll be happy to put one up. Best of luck to you! *smile*

Haha... I feel your pain (uh, literally) as I a] wear glasses and b] also whack myself in the face quite frequently. I've actually hit myself so hard in the kisser before that the impact activated one of my glow sticks (I usually practice a lot during daylight hours with my sticks intact and save the flashy lights for total darkness). Um... ouch.

Haha... I feel your pain (uh, literally) as I a] wear glasses and b] also whack myself in the face quite frequently. I've actually hit myself so hard in the kisser before that the impact activated one of my glow sticks (I usually practice a lot during daylight hours with my sticks intact and save the flashy lights for total darkness). Um... ouch.

hahahaha i know this is off topic for which i apolagise,but it kind of sucks wearing glasses, i dont like contacts at all so stick with my glasses and they are annoying as your scared of breaking them and if you take them off you cant exactly see where your going wrong, with behind the back i know this doesnt really apply but its annoying none the less. you have the same kinda problems or am i just paranoid about breaking them! be nice to hear from someone with the same problem!

hahahaha i know this is off topic for which i apolagise,but it kind of sucks wearing glasses, i dont like contacts at all so stick with my glasses and they are annoying as your scared of breaking them and if you take them off you cant exactly see where your going wrong, with behind the back i know this doesnt really apply but its annoying none the less. you have the same kinda problems or am i just paranoid about breaking them! be nice to hear from someone with the same problem!

Yeah, we're definitely on the same page here. I hate contacts too (hey, why does it feel like there's some big hunk of plastic stuck in my eye? Oh, probably because THERE IS), and I'm blind as a bat without my glasses. Hitting the specs and breaking them is always a concern (these things are expensive to replace, hm). I have 2 pairs of glasses currently, so I practice with the ones I like a little bit less, heh. Other than that, I've yet to develop a workable solution. Just do your best to be careful, I guess. Or protect those babies with some bubble wrap? :]

Maybe we should start a charity organization called SiDNoLES: Stringers in Desperate Need of Laser Eye Surgery.

Lmao... i share your pain guys. My parents flat out won't get my contacts, so i bear with my glasses. However, btb stuff is pretty darn dangerous. I remember when i was still practicing the btb 3bt weave ... got smacked in the glasses too many times... was afraid i broke em... (my new pair too, my old ones are as good as not wearing glasses at all). As for avoiding them, just dodge, and remember in the stringing 101 vid, AIM for where you swing your sticks.

Lmao... i share your pain guys. My parents flat out won't get my contacts, so i bear with my glasses. However, btb stuff is pretty darn dangerous. I remember when i was still practicing the btb 3bt weave ... got smacked in the glasses too many times... was afraid i broke em... (my new pair too, my old ones are as good as not wearing glasses at all). As for avoiding them, just dodge, and remember in the stringing 101 vid, AIM for where you swing your sticks.

Its really nice to have people with the same problem!!! we should make some sort of group based around being to blind to glowstick without glasses but cant be bothered with contact lenses! Its just annoying! i also dont wear my old ones as that is basicly being blind!!!

i almost got this down! its just my left hand coming around for the swingback suomtimes hits my body...other than that..i almost have it..

not to mention getting into it and out,..

just keep on doing it, and muscle memory will take over after a while. remember to twist your body from side to side, and lean forward.

To enter the btb weave, move your leading hand (right for forward, left for reverse) behind your back first, and then bring the following hand (exactly the opposite, lol) into position.

To the people with visual troubles, I too am a spex kid. Here is my promise to you: if you stick with stringing, once the feel and flow gets into your body, you will be able to do it with your eyes closed. No joke either; I practice blindfolded sometimes to get the right feel of it. Once you get there you can take off your glasses without troubles. *smile*

just keep on doing it, and muscle memory will take over after a while. remember to twist your body from side to side, and lean forward.

To enter the btb weave, move your leading hand (right for forward, left for reverse) behind your back first, and then bring the following hand (exactly the opposite, lol) into position.

Yeah Spider wrote it all down right there... it's the key to learning the 3 beat btb weave...