Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Noubar

How many hours do u practice?

53 posts in this topic

I got the imprint of strings on my fingers.....what does that say to u? lmao.....

i usually walk around the house either practicin my strings or just freehand..i have the strings wrapped around my hand writing this post now xD...even when i sleep i dream about doin new moves lmao.......only happened twice.

Like 3-5 hours a day but i just started and progressing insanely fast

I try to practice for an hour a day, and then watch the video of me practicing later in the day to see where I can improve and where I went wrong on somethings...

i used to practice mabey 2-3 hours a day. im down to mabey a half an hour now. I'm super bizzy doing Crew. I get home from Crew, eat, do HW, take a shower, string a bit, sleep, school, and start the process all over again. I tired to find some time in Crew but....-_- every1's like " ZOMG! raving! i can rave, whooaaaoao look at me im raving! yea!!!" and well its starting to piss me off so i just stopped bringing them. But now the coxin is bringing his own and is being a dumbass about it. so yea im sorta "in it... but out of it" I'll practice after Crew season ends.

What sort of production are ya' doin?

I'm up to... a lot more a day. Lots of wrapping practice. Random combo stuff. Woo.

Every day, at least about an hour. Not focused, but I just feel I should practice a bit every day- keeps me in shape, you know- all sexy-like. :smokin:

Anyway, I've went through long spurts (several months) of practicing 4 hours a day, and long spurts (months, actually) of practicing only a few minutes a week.

prolly an hour a day total considering i have music on 24/7 at my house i just go at it whenever the beats compel me too :]!

i try like 30mins-1hr a day?

depends on the day aswel.

so maybe 2-4hrs a week?

-antO_

by summer time, I am hoping to get back to at least 4 hours a week or better yet, an hour a day... :D

I try my best to practice at least an hour or more a day, though I don't always have the time of course. I pick a move and learn it the best I can, then move onto the next one. Either that or I hit myself enough where I feel it's time to stop. :D

Guest ooosupra92ooo

by summer time, I am hoping to get back to at least 4 hours a week or better yet, an hour a day... :D

That's my goal too! :)

I just started 3 weeks ago, and at first I did it for a hour or two just to learn some basics before my first rave (freehanding btw). And then I couldnt stop it was so fun I wanted to learn more so it became like an every other day thing, although at the time I was to scared of stringing since I picked up strings and had no idea what I was doing and constantly hit myself in the face, nuts, nuckles, etc (so I decided stringing wasnt for me). Then last week there was another rave so I started doing it more became like an everyday thing till my arms got tired (about 30 minutes god this stuff is tiring).

After the rave I realized I hadnt givin stringing a good shot so I started doing that, and now im even more addicted to this stuff. Its usually a hour or 2 of stringing while I get home while im waiting for food to cook/digest. Then whenever I have free time or need to take a break from work im practicing either throws for freehand or more stringing.

I would say on a normal day i practice somewhere along the lines of 2-3 hours. Although today I was sick :wacko: but still found the energy to practice for about 4-5 hours lol this stuff is so fun.

Oh, geez, now I feel like a nerd :P

Well, i just lost my job this week, so since monday I've been squeezing in 6-8 hours a day, before that though I was doing probably 3-5 a day, and I rave every single weekend, so I usually spend 15-20 hours between saturday and sunday with glowsticks tied to my hands :P

Guest ooosupra92ooo

I should practice a bit every day- keeps me in shape, you know- all sexy-like. :smokin:

That's a good one. :sm_biggrin:

Guest Taran

i dont practice at all =D

edit:// to those who practice i say power to you, i just dont practice because i think it takes away the feeling in the dance if you do it when you do not have the urge to =D but then some of the moves you guys learn and perfect are incredible so i admire your styles quite a bit ^_-

because of cleric, I don't practice anymore :P

Zero hours. Both my shoulders are wonky, although my right is severely wonky, any jerky or fast movements for me are a no-no.

like others have said...when ever I feel the urge.

I usually practice ne where from 2 hrs 5hrs per week

Guest ooosupra92ooo

because of cleric, I don't practice anymore :P

lmaooooooo :rotflmao:

This week...I've probably stringed and freehanded about 15 hours, then I have probably spent another 5 or so on tutting and liquid. When i was working in retail, I would liquid all day at work and then go home and string/freehand. good stuff.

oh what! hours?

to be honest, i practice like 30 mins a week :frown:

omg, no wonder you guys are so good... this should tell me to practice more... i never knew... :(

I usually practice for about 2hrs a day like right after work in the evening times listening to BBC radio 1.

lmaooooooo :rotflmao:

lol, you may think that's funny but it's true ;)

because cleric said something about not giving me food if I practice... so I just stopped cold turkey ;)

I'll start practicing a week before EDC ;)