Sign in to follow this  
cynicdave

Practical Reasons for following GSC cultural rules

113 posts in this topic

Man. This forum makes me laugh. You guys all want to protect glowsticking so bad and keep it out of the schools and blahbbityfreakinblah.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if it's supposed to be an art form, then why hide it? Because you're worried about the image you'll get from other people? But at the same time, you say you don't care what other people think and that you do it because you enjoy it?

Personally, I wouldn't say it's neccesarily a good idea to ADVERTISE the fact that you glowstick, not because it'll get you a bad image, but more because it will get you a lot of attention from people that are all "OMG THATS COOL SHOW ME!" and end up wasting your time.

I asked my little brother once (who's on this site, mojo191 I think is his s/n, he's the one that got me into sticking) if he ever stringed at school and he said no...when I asked why he didn't have a real clear answer. Personally, if I knew half the shit he did I would've done it at school in a heartbeat, it looks amazing. Ok, so yeah, theres a culture to go with it, and yeah, some people would prolly think I'm just another kid hopped up on E, but really, does it matter? It's just art. If you enjoy it, then it shouldn't matter where you do it. If you want to show it off, then go for it. People are people, some will be ignorant, some won't. Thats life, you can't win every battle every time.

Anyways, I'm relatively new to this, and if you flame me, I 1) won't be surprised and 2) won't care. =]

I wonder why people ALWAYS ask the same question... they should learn to use the search button :)

http://www.glowsticking.com/forums/Glowsti...hool-t1722.html

http://www.glowsticking.com/articles-and-t...igh-school.html

you should read on with these before making any other comments...

also, if you don't like how we run things on gs.c, why are you here?

Edited by R3DLIN3

Just because you guys own glowsticking.com doesn't mean that you get to makes the rules for sticking.

I think it's terrible that people are actually apologizing for sticking at school. Let people stick where they would like!

Now don't take this the wrong way, I've read the "why I shouldn't stick at school" etc. etc. I understand that the "ideals" are what people on GS.C think. I just want you all to take a step off your high horse for a second and think about how many hundreds and hundreds of people are sticking every day, and how most of you seem to think that this culture needs to be preserved.

Now I've seen an AWESOME video of someone sticking at their homecoming, you can easily find it on youtube. Everyone is watching, and generally loving it! Is he showing off? Yes, of course he is, but it is no different than dancing at that same dance and people watching. Glowsticking is MEANT to be viewed! If it wasn't the sticks wouldn't glow!

Do you think when someone decides to learn to play trumpet, they stop to read all the literature, watch all the movies, and talk to all the musicians that play the trumpet? No, they don't. Can they still appreciate the "culture" of trumpet playing? Yes.

Now I can already see the comeback, "Glowsticking is part of the rave culture, therefore you are ruining the scene". It's simply not true.

And what is wrong with battling? Sure PLUR is all fine and good, it's something that I love to follow. Can PLUR not fit into a battle? Can you not respect someone's talents in stringing?

I don't even really know what to say anymore, except that it's very sad to see glowsticking hushed into a corner where only the elite from GS.C can practice. Elitism is something that has happened with the rave scene in general, and instead of creating walls and barriers for new people, you need to open peoples minds to what sticking is, not what it should be. My 2 cents, I know this has been discussed a lot, but any reply is appreciated.

im going to have to agree with darx on this even though i do see your guys point of view, please do not get mad at me for believing this :] but i think you should do whatever you feel is right as long as it is in respect

Edited by label

Just because you guys own glowsticking.com doesn't mean that you get to makes the rules for sticking.

I think it's terrible that people are actually apologizing for sticking at school. Let people stick where they would like!

Now don't take this the wrong way, I've read the "why I shouldn't stick at school" etc. etc. I understand that the "ideals" are what people on GS.C think. I just want you all to take a step off your high horse for a second and think about how many hundreds and hundreds of people are sticking every day, and how most of you seem to think that this culture needs to be preserved.

Now I've seen an AWESOME video of someone sticking at their homecoming, you can easily find it on youtube. Everyone is watching, and generally loving it! Is he showing off? Yes, of course he is, but it is no different than dancing at that same dance and people watching. Glowsticking is MEANT to be viewed! If it wasn't the sticks wouldn't glow!

Do you think when someone decides to learn to play trumpet, they stop to read all the literature, watch all the movies, and talk to all the musicians that play the trumpet? No, they don't. Can they still appreciate the "culture" of trumpet playing? Yes.

Now I can already see the comeback, "Glowsticking is part of the rave culture, therefore you are ruining the scene". It's simply not true.

And what is wrong with battling? Sure PLUR is all fine and good, it's something that I love to follow. Can PLUR not fit into a battle? Can you not respect someone's talents in stringing?

I don't even really know what to say anymore, except that it's very sad to see glowsticking hushed into a corner where only the elite from GS.C can practice. Elitism is something that has happened with the rave scene in general, and instead of creating walls and barriers for new people, you need to open peoples minds to what sticking is, not what it should be. My 2 cents, I know this has been discussed a lot, but any reply is appreciated.

I concur with your whole spiel, wholeheartedly. :D

Just the whole thing on battling...I think that should just be left up to each individual. I do respect one's talents. Talent can go a long way, but who is really going to use this talent to go far? (Not saying that you can't go anywhere in life through glowsticking, it's just not practical, please don't get upset people) *MOST* People will always feel the need to compete, or want to be somewhat superior, whether it's something like stamp collecting, to contact juggling, to food eating. You can't stop it, just let shit be.

I like what GS.C has going, even though, there are slight hints of elitism, as you say. But if you have a problem with that, you didn't have to register. :P I don't think GS.C made the rules for all of glowsticking, and if they did, I'm sure not EVERYONE would follow ALL of those rules. And they're not like rules, more of a creed of sorts, in my opinion. Things to keep to ourselves, and not to really push onto others like a religion, but if one were to inquire, I don't think it would hurt to inform people.

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened ^^

In any case, I think this is just another unnecessary conflict, people can't just let things be. ^^;

Edited by Demo

Just the whole thing on battling...I think that should just be left up to each individual. I do respect one's talents. Talent can go a long way, but who is really going to use this talent to go far? (Not saying that you can't go anywhere in life through glowsticking, it's just not practical, please don't get upset people) *MOST* People will always feel the need to compete, or want to be somewhat superior, whether it's something like stamp collecting, to contact juggling, to food eating. You can't stop it, just let shit be.

I like what GS.C has going, even though, there are slight hints of elitism, as you say. But if you have a problem with that, you didn't have to register. :P I don't think GS.C made the rules for all of glowsticking, and if they did, I'm sure not EVERYONE would follow ALL of those rules. And they're not like rules, more of a creed of sorts, in my opinion. Things to keep to ourselves, and not to really push onto others like a religion, but if one were to inquire, I don't think it would hurt to inform people.

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened ^^

In any case, I think this is just another unnecessary conflict, people can't just let things be. ^^;

And I totally understand that I didn't need to reg. here, but this is a very helpful site and it's quite populated.

Now I think the question should become, should I get banned because I disagree with the ideals of the sitemakers/admins? Isn't that discouraging to those who wish to advance in the art of sticking? What kind of dictatorship is being ran around here where people can't voice their opinion's or stick where they like? I'd like to stay a member of this community, I can tell you have some very talented and nice people. Guinto is by far the most inspiring stringer I have ever encountered. In fact, that's one way I heard about GS.C, and one of the reasons I started to string.

I guess all I can hope for is that people will take a step back and think about what they say about sticking, especially when "sticking" itself means something different to each person.

AMEN.

And I totally understand that I didn't need to reg. here, but this is a very helpful site and it's quite populated.

Now I think the question should become, should I get banned because I disagree with the ideals of the sitemakers/admins? Isn't that discouraging to those who wish to advance in the art of sticking? What kind of dictatorship is being ran around here where people can't voice their opinion's or stick where they like? I'd like to stay a member of this community, I can tell you have some very talented and nice people. Guinto is by far the most inspiring stringer I have ever encountered. In fact, that's one way I heard about GS.C, and one of the reasons I started to string.

I guess all I can hope for is that people will take a step back and think about what they say about sticking, especially when "sticking" itself means something different to each person.

I don't think people should get banned period, just for the plain fact that what's to stop them from making another account? And I don't think that would/should discourage anyone from stringing, or learning more, if it does, then I'm sorry, toughen up. You know what discourages me? Not being able to btb weave continuously. Smacking myself in my temple with a stick, or right on the tip of my index finger where I bit my nail, and it's cold, too!!! Man, that's the pits. That makes me want to hang my sticks back up. But...there's always going to be conflicting ideas, dude, get over it, noone is forcing you to be here, to be friendly with people, to further your knowledge of stringing. You said it yourself, you were inspired by Guinto, he's one of the reasons why you started to string.

Seriously though, banning people is petty and straight up lame, especially since it's so easy virtually. But meh, to each his own. eh? ;)

100!

Edited by Demo

I don't think people should get banned period, just for the plain fact that what's to stop them from making another account? And I don't think that would/should discourage anyone from stringing, or learning more, if it does, then I'm sorry, toughen up. You know what discourages me? Not being able to btb weave continuously. Smacking myself in my temple with a stick, or right on the tip of my index finger where I bit my nail, and it's cold, too!!! Man, that's the pits. That makes me want to hang my sticks back up. But...there's always going to be conflicting ideas, dude, get over it, noone is forcing you to be here, to be friendly with people, to further your knowledge of stringing. You said it yourself, you were inspired by Guinto, he's one of the reasons why you started to string.

Seriously though, banning people is petty and straight up lame, especially since it's so easy virtually. But meh, to each his own. eh? ;)

100!

I think your taking me the wrong way, just a bit though. I just wanted to voice my opinion on things since there seems to be a lot of self righteousness going on around here. I like being here, like I said there are some amazing people and I'm glad to learn from them.

Btw, I'm still working on the reverse weave so don't feel bad :)

I think your taking me the wrong way, just a bit though. I just wanted to voice my opinion on things since there seems to be a lot of self righteousness going on around here. I like being here, like I said there are some amazing people and I'm glad to learn from them.

Btw, I'm still working on the reverse weave so don't feel bad :)

Oh, no sorry if I seemed to be attacking you, I wasn't! :/ I was just saying that as something generic to those who would question banning. ^^;

*Shakes fist at btb weaves*

I put the part I'm mainly replying to in bold. The thing is that most battlers will spam the word PLUR while trash talking you and cussing you out. Of course there can be exceptions, but the majority of the time this is not the case. They're in it for themselves and care about nobody else, which is quite the opposite of PLUR.

Most of the time immaturity tends to follow hand in hand with battlers. I'll give you two prime examples. First, all the anti-battling videos I have on my youtube. Out of all the battlers that have responded to the videos only about 1% of them actually had something intelligent to say. The rest of them used a curse word as nearly every other word and used leet talk for another 90% of their reply. This immaturity spills over into the real world as well.

Which brings me to my second prime example, which tends to be used a lot as an example but it gets the point across. Saving Texas. This tread details the horrible reality of what can occur because of a battlers ego and immaturity.

In addition to the typical immaturity there's also segregation. Battlers tend to hoard moves and not share them with others, basically thinking "hey if I can do this and nobody else can that means I'm better." That is true elitism. If moves aren't shared, how can the art grow? You compare it to trumpet playing. How many of those trumpet players would have something to play if people hoarded the music compositions and didn't share them?

You say that we are elitist, but I can almost guarantee you that you won't find anyone on this site who is not a lurking battler that will tell you they are the best or better than anyone. We as a community are here to help one another, not to diss each other and claim superiority.

We haven't put up walls and barriers for new people, every new person that comes to this community is given the choice to be a part of it or to build those barriers for themselves. Yes we have beliefs here, beliefs that time and trials have made solid. The only thing we ask is that if someone is using our resources that they respect those beliefs. Otherwise they can go somewhere else to learn. That's not elitist. That's respect for a privately owned communities rules.

People aren't banned randomly for their beliefs. If someone is banned there is always a very good reason. They have either started trouble or trash talked someone. For the most part they are always given fair warning and a chance to redeem themselves.

This community is here completely voluntarily, as are its members. So what it comes down to is if someone doesn't like the beliefs we have here, they're free to leave. Simple.

Edited by Ph0toN

Pretty much, all the active members and veterans have meet many other people on this site in real life. Its not like it's some internet culture thing but a belief many of us carry in real life. Ive been partying for over 10 years. I came into to gsc with the same ideas such as you guys are coming in with now. With time their is a shift in thinking. At least, with the people who make this community successful. If good people are born from all these rules we uphold on this site in real life, something must be working in our beliefs. As far as banning, Im all for it. No reasons to keep people who dont contribute to meetups, ideas, or strengthen the family bonds that many of us share both online and offline. Glowsticking.com doesnt own glowsticking but glowsticking.com does promote certain values to everyone who wants to be a part of one of the greatest communities in the world.

PLUR is an indirect cause of battling due to the fact that people throw around the acronym like it's a fucking fashion statement. Ironicly enough, the acronym reportedly came from an incident. As quoted by Wikipedia

"According to one legend, the term PLUR was coined by the DJ Frankie Bones in response to a fight that broke out while he was mixing and he stopped the show to say, "If you don't start showing some peace, love, and unity, I'll break your fucking faces." However it wasn't until later on, in discussions of the speech on the usenetalt.rave, that "Respect" was added to the Peace, Love and Unity to create the now ubiquitous acronym P.L.U.R."

I would actually submit the idea that PLUR in it's basic form is actually meant to be used as a threat, according to the legend, But that's meaningless conjecture.

PLUR as we know it has been dead for a few years now. Primairlly due to the fact that the old-school scene has been slowly killed out by the more "mainstream" events and massives. It brings in newbies that do little to no research on the scene itself and they bring in bad vibes, Battling in Glowsticking is a result of this I think.

Of course, that is not to say that the underground and old-school scenes are clean of bad vibes, but rather, that Massives and Mainstream events have simply purpetuated the bad vibes to higher levels than before.

PLUR is dead, it's a fashion statement used by newbie ravers and battlers, instead of focusing on the Acronym, focus on the message.

I put the part I'm mainly replying to in bold. The thing is that most battlers will spam the word PLUR while trash talking you and cussing you out. Of course there can be exceptions, but the majority of the time this is not the case. They're in it for themselves and care about nobody else, which is quite the opposite of PLUR.

Most of the time immaturity tends to follow hand in hand with battlers. I'll give you two prime examples. First, all the anti-battling videos I have on my youtube. Out of all the battlers that have responded to the videos only about 1% of them actually had something intelligent to say. The rest of them used a curse word as nearly every other word and used leet talk for another 90% of their reply. This immaturity spills over into the real world as well.

Which brings me to my second prime example, which tends to be used a lot as an example but it gets the point across. Saving Texas. This tread details the horrible reality of what can occur because of a battlers ego and immaturity.

In addition to the typical immaturity there's also segregation. Battlers tend to hoard moves and not share them with others, basically thinking "hey if I can do this and nobody else can that means I'm better." That is true elitism. If moves aren't shared, how can the art grow? You compare it to trumpet playing. How many of those trumpet players would have something to play if people hoarded the music compositions and didn't share them?

You say that we are elitist, but I can almost guarantee you that you won't find anyone on this site who is not a lurking battler that will tell you they are the best or better than anyone. We as a community are here to help one another, not to diss each other and claim superiority.

We haven't put up walls and barriers for new people, every new person that comes to this community is given the choice to be a part of it or to build those barriers for themselves. Yes we have beliefs here, beliefs that time and trials have made solid. The only thing we ask is that if someone is using our resources that they respect those beliefs. Otherwise they can go somewhere else to learn. That's not elitist. That's respect for a privately owned communities rules.

People aren't banned randomly for their beliefs. If someone is banned there is always a very good reason. They have either started trouble or trash talked someone. For the most part they are always given fair warning and a chance to redeem themselves.

This community is here completely voluntarily, as are its members. So what it comes down to is if someone doesn't like the beliefs we have here, they're free to leave. Simple.

Like I've stated, I totally see where all you guys are coming from, I just wanted to voice what I think is the correct way of going about sticking. I have no problem adhering to the rules around here, make no mistake. I just think that if I disagree with something, there should be no problem with that. So far everyone has been respectful, which is nice :).

I did read saving Texas before you posted it, and that is TRULY a terrible story. But in a way, it reinforces the way I think. Yes, there are some real assholes out in the world, but should it stop you from battling altogether? I would think not. That situation happened in Texas, and honestly, I've never been to Texas and I have no idea what the people are like.

I'm from Minneapolis, with all that Minnesota nice right? I think if battles went down at the parties I went to, they would be completely friendly, and I can almost guarantee that the opponents would have no problem showing their "battler" some new moves. It is sad that people seem to think that everything has to go to the extreme, which is what happened in the case of Sparrow.

As for PLUR being dead? Like I have said, please, please take a step back from your current situation and think about others. I'm sure the rave scene is worlds different than it used to be, but in Minnesota I can honestly say PLUR is alive and well. Every party I've been to has been full of such good vibes, and such honest, nice people. Yeah, you do get a few "thugs or gangsters" in the party, but they are there to party too. Nearly everyone though is open to talking, meeting you, and getting to know who you are as a person, instead of who you are at a rave.

For example, I was just at Rifted Heart on Valentines day. This was about a 1000 person party, and yet the vibes were good all over. I traded sticks with quite a few people, and someone even let me use their flowlights for a while! People were constantly allowing others to go ahead in the drinking line, and a friend of mine even recieved fifty bucks when he only asked for a dollar!

Overall, what I'm really trying to get at, is that the scene isn't the same everywhere, so saying that battling is ruining glowsticking or PLUR is dead may be more of a stretch than you think. Either way I'm glad you guys can talk respectfully to me, I hope I can stick around for a while and learn from the best:)

As for PLUR being dead? Like I have said, please, please take a step back from your current situation and think about others. I'm sure the rave scene is worlds different than it used to be, but in Minnesota I can honestly say PLUR is alive and well. Every party I've been to has been full of such good vibes, and such honest, nice people. Yeah, you do get a few "thugs or gangsters" in the party, but they are there to party too. Nearly everyone though is open to talking, meeting you, and getting to know who you are as a person, instead of who you are at a rave.

Overall, what I'm really trying to get at, is that the scene isn't the same everywhere, so saying that battling is ruining glowsticking or PLUR is dead may be more of a stretch than you think. Either way I'm glad you guys can talk respectfully to me, I hope I can stick around for a while and learn from the best:)

In response to PLUR being dead:

What Epsilon was trying to describe, and I frequently jump on board with, is that PLUR is just a word that people use like a title on a name. It is an excuse to get what you want, act the way you want, and disregard what you don't like. Based off of that sentence alone you may respond with "that is so not PLUR like", but I would disagree. My response and every response in this thread has been handled with the utmost Respect to your opinions and personal beliefs. Let me share with you an example from each letter in your PLUR and then the counter of that brought about by doing things we here on GS.c try to prevent.

Peace- Groups of people of all ages, races, beliefs and loves of music all inhabiting the same structure without any problems of violence or hate.

Love- The ability to share your passion for a music, dance or style of clothing/jewelry with a group of people who willing accept and enjoy your company.

Unity- Everyone coming together in one place for one goal...the enjoyment of music and community.

Respect- Treating everyone with equality and dignity regardless of who they are, where they are from and how they act.

Now lets give bad cases of each of the above:

Peace: A kid in school getting made fun of, ostracized, insulted or ridiculed for his performance of glowsticking related dances.

Love- Crew A "dissing" Crew B because they "beat" them in a battle.

Unity- Refusing to share, teach and better the community as a whole because you want to be the "best".

Respect- Being insulted for being a stringer because stickers who freehand are obviously more skilled.

I can't say that all of these cases are the best or worse case scenarios, but they illustrate what we are trying to do by enforcing our rules. A few of these cases at the bottom I have personally experienced...and it sucks and makes you have bad feelings towards the other people involved.

How can there be a "best"? How do you judge art? What if people decided Picaso was the "best" painter and the world never saw Van Gogh?

There is a time and a place for everything...what do you think of a high school kid wearing all black and a trench coat while listening to Marilyn Manson?

What are the two famous "crews" that are said to run the inner city streets? Can dance crews never escalate to that level?

Where only the gsc elite....

are you saying the elite on gsc... or gsc is the elite?

We dont see each other as better then one another so there is no elite here.

If your saying gsc as a site is elite then thats a title your giving us and we can't be blamed for that.

---------------------------------

also dont have your buddy sign up just to agree with you on topics.

" label "

lame.jpg

You definitely have the right to your opinion; the values of gsc have been formed over years of active involvement with the scene, watching it die, and bringing it to life again. You don't have to share our beliefs, you are your own person and we are not "forcing" anything on you; your opinions differ; we can respect that and move on however if you don't respect our rules, you can use up someone else's resources because we don't appreciate leeches; you are very intelligent so I'm sure you can understand where we're coming from on that. We don't want to convert you, aren't trying to force your hand but this is a privately owned website with member posted content from people who's views differ from yours.

I hope you find what you're looking for. Thank you for taking the time out to express your opinion in a respectful way.

As Cleric has stated in the past and it does not need reiterated, but it is always fun:

Everyone ends up here eventually...

You may take this as a "hobby" or a "pass time", but there are some of us here that work VERY hard to promote the COMMUNITY and the art...not the "hobby".

This is the reason I am glad to have joined GS.C. The rules or guidelines you have set I completely agree and I got into freehanding because seeing it was like seeing a painting or hearing a song, it is a form of art, you use the music, the glowsticks and your body as a whole and its an amazing feeling to do it. And I firmly stand by the ideals of PLUR and Glowsticking. I am glad to be a part of the GS.C family and that everyone here is so passionate about this, and I am new so I am still grasping on the ideals of glowsticking and PLUR but I am learning and am glad to be learning from the GS.C community. Glowsticking is a beautiful art and is something I can express myself with, I am no good at drawing or painting and can't play any instruments but when I freehand I can express myself and just use my body,soul,glowsticks and the music to express an emotion or story that im trying to tell. Also I just wanted to add I really enjoy the discussions and how each person approaches their replies because there is no hostility whatsoever and its amazing I have seen many stereotypes against the glowsticking community and have been labeled an E head for listening to techno so much. Well I enjoyed reading this thread and looking forward to being a part of more discussions like this after of course i get a better hold on the glowsticking ideals and culture.

but when I freehand I can express myself and just use my body,soul,glowsticks and the music to express an emotion or story that im trying to tell.

That was a beautiful post, glad to have you here with us in the family on gsc :) I quoted what I did because that's exactly how I feel about it. Thank you for posting that!

Thank you :D. And I am glad to be part of the GS.C family and hoping to learn alot from everyone here :D.

Anything I get into, it could be any type of art, dance, music, or even a career, I learn the history of it. I learn the light side and the dark side of everything I claim to "do" or love. I want to know what I am standing for and where my views are on the subjects so I can answer anything that will be thrown at me.

I understand you not wanting highschool kids thinking it is "cool" to glowstick and to do it just to impress someone. But the reality of it is you often see the younger people growing up to be the legends. Most people who are generally good at something started at a young age. You can't deny them this chance, maybe they will start for the wrong reasons, but continue for the right ones. We need to set an example, but at the same time not chase them off. >.<

I am seventeen. I finished school one year early and I was homeschooled. I don't have the "highschool view" of things. I don't understanding the labeling and popularity because I was never part of it. I got into glowsticking because I saw a glowsticking.com video and thought it was amazing, not because I wanted to be "cool". Actually where I live I am judged and my friends are judged for being seen with me because I wear my kandi jewerly and often practice my glowstringing in the park or outside my own home. I don't show it of though. I do it there basically my house is small and I would rather not break anything. I keep to myself and most people are not impressed because I am busy smacking myself in the head trying to learn a new trick, not performing ones I already know. xD There is no rave scene here. There is no one to call me a "poser" because they don't have anything to base it upon.

I stand up for the art form where ever I can because I feel it is a part of me and who I am. Anywhere I go I realize I am standing for ravers, glowstickers, dancers, and myself. I don't want to dishonor any of those things. I just don't think it is right to pass judgement upon highschoolers coming into the scene or the art being performed publicly. They will stay if they do it for the right reasons and will get bored if they are doing it for the wrong reasons. We still need to live by PLUR and respect them and try to show them love by giving them a hand in the right direction. ^^

should I get banned because I disagree with the ideals of the sitemakers/admins?

GS.C is a site made by Dave, payed for by Dave, for Dave's purposes. IOP it's strange to come up to something someone owns, use it, then tell the owner they're wrong about it.

I think if battles went down at the parties I went to, they would be completely friendly, and I can almost guarantee that the opponents would have no problem showing their "battler" some new moves.

I think you have the wrong definition of battle. If two "battlers" get together to string in a friendly manner and share their moves, that's a meetup. Not a battle.

According to Webster's Dictionary, a "battle" is "A fight or encounter between the forces of enemy nations or opposing armies."

When I first joined this site I stumbled upon this thread and read that if I don't fully understand the rules yet, I should follow them anyway so that veterans will respect me, trust me, and nurture my skills. As I have learned more about the culture promoted on GS.C I am more attracted to those ideals. I am a Junior in highschool, so I have to refrain from glowsticking in highschool for this year, and my whole senior year as well. My parents are very protective, so it's going to be a while before I can even go to a rave.

So what do I do?

I practice in eager anticipation of the day I get to glowstick with fellow GS.Crs, and experience the community first hand.

The whole reason I glowstick is because I find it SO relaxing. I can't understand how someone can glowstick with a battler's mentality and stick to it. I figure they'll drop it soon enough.

I feel that the culture is a VERY important part of glowsticking.

• Upvote 1